Game Options Thread - FOV, Load Times, Cutscenes etc.

+

Would you like to pause, skip, and replay during cutscenes?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
The "no loading screens" rule probably does not apply to fast travel, and it will be like in The Witcher 3, except without the partitioning. It is interesting, though, there were rumors about parts of the game being on the moon, and indeed one scene from the trailer looked like it is in space, would space travel also be seamless?

The moon is most likely game expansion that will come later

After reading this thread, it seems like large buildings could actually use "elevator loading" for the interiors. Although you can see the city from the elevators.

Yeah sure for the elevator, maybe some exterior glasses elevator where you can see the city during elevation! I would love to see that during sunset!
Or they can troll us with building without elevator and having to climb 200 floors by the stairs haha

As someone who's perfectly okay with the first person perspective, and is in fact, in favour of it, I am curious as to whether or not there will be an FOV slider in the game. It's a pretty essential feature for first person games in my opinion. I imagine it's very likely, but I haven't heard anything about it. Has anyone heard confirmation of an FOV slider being in the game?

Last edited:
Probably fast travel will be a train ride or maybe car ride.
Yeah but if it's instant then some kind of loading is necessary. And if it's not and you have to sit in the metro/taxi/whatever then it's not really fast travel.

Then again I think GTA5 does it without any loading screens (but I am running stuff off an SSD) so I don't see why CDPR can't get the same results. There are certain things you have at your disposal to hide it like loading in things while the start fast travel animations play (like for example getting in a metro cart). They did say thay you have exit/enter animations for vehicles.

I don't think they said anything about any FOV sliders but it would be very surprising if it didn't include such a feature.

At this point since we have to play FP this is a must. I need to have my FOV at 100 to feel comfortable playing also some dampening for the camera movements will help.

CDPR have made it clear that after the initial loading screen there will be no more load screens, that includes passing from exterior to interior. The fast travel is a separate issue which would clearly have a load screen dynamic.

I think it will probably be possible at least with mods, console commands, or by editing configuration files. Not of much help to console users, though, but FOV is probably more of an issue on PC, as the default is usually optimized for viewing on a TV from a distance (thus it is too narrow on a monitor).

Guest 4310777

IMO they could just lock it to the CS:GO fov (about 107)

Then again I think GTA5 does it without any loading screens

Correct but GTA 5 doesn't have a fast travel mechanic for your character to get around the map.

The switching characters mechanic doesn't have loading screens though (although it can sometimes hang whilst loading in the assets as it switches) so I suppose CDPR could implement something like that as fast travel.
Basically I agree with the others; a dynamic loading screen would be better than the static ones we got in W3.

GTA 5 does have fast travel, you hail a cab and get it to take you to your destination fast (costs extra, but that's the point) that you missed it is largely deliberate, so that it is a last resort.

Ah yeah forgot about that. It's not a very fun alternative to a loading screen though, although it does fit in with the setting for the game.

With the car and the metro (the trailer shows what looks like a map of the city with stations at all major locations), fast travel might not actually be that important.

So as CDPR said there wouldn't be any other loading screens except initial game load in and fast travels ,
This makes me curious about "what happens if we die", do we get a loading screen or is it something else like us being rescued and treated?

And do NPCs realize that we were defeated in case we get rescued or is it the same load a previous checkpoint?

Last edited:
If I remember right, it was mentioned in one of the articles or interviews that dying results in the usual "game over" screen like in TW3, so that would suggest having to load a save. However, the developers also refused to talk about the details to avoid spoilers, which means there could still be more to it than simply quickloading.

So as CDPR said there wouldn't be any other loading screens except initial game load in and fast travels ,
This makes me curious about "what happens if we die", do we get a loading screen or is it something else like us being rescued and treated?

And do NPCs realize that we were defeated in case we get rescued or is it the same load a previous checkpoint?

Would be cool if these cybermedics come to revive you or bring you to the hospital. But what will happen to these badguys around who killed you?

Top Bottom