[POLL] The Multiplayer Thread

+

What do you think about Multiplayer?

• Total voters
Think GTA 5 pre inflation of prices for sharkcards (ingame currency with real money)
Now that i think about it this universe has a ton of mp potential.. especially if you consider the classes as proffesions

As someone who has played the original table top game, it's unthinkable to me trying to pull a GTA One-Man Army style game in Night City. For me and others, it's was always a "Co-Op" game.
LOL. it's a story that takes place in Night City and draw inspiration from CP 2020 , it's not CP2020 in video game form. And as you can see, it's not unthinkable as the vast majority wants an awesome single player game.

LOL. it's a story that takes place in Night City and draw inspiration from CP 2020 , it's not CP2020 in video game form. And as you can see, it's not unthinkable as the vast majority wants an awesome single player game.

Yes, it takes place in Night City, the main City of Cyberpunk 2020. No, it does not take inspiration from Cyberpunk 2020 as it's a sequel to Cyberpunk 2020 in the form of a video game/computer game. And I will stand by my opinion that it is unthinkable to one-man army Night City. Also, 29 people picking the first two options in the poll does not constitute a majority. Whereas 27 posters have picked options stating their opinion is for a type of multiplayer. Also lets take into account the few possible hundreds of people on the Cyberpunk 2077 Discord that don't even know that there is an official forum for this game. Then there's the issue of some grants that CDPR received and stipulations in them.

Be warned, I will continue to advocate for Co-Op in Cyberpunk 2077.

Co-op in this game, considering what we know about it and how it's built, is probably the dumbest idea imaginable. Thankfully, it's impossible to make it work here.

Co-op in this game, considering what we know about it and how it's built, is probably the dumbest idea imaginable. Thankfully, it's impossible to make it work here.
Guys let's drop it we have plenty of others reasons to fight let's not add another one for this game xD.They confirmed that at launch it will be a single player only game like the Witcher 3, so no point to talk now about MP when we don't even know how SP works. We're talking fairy tales and unicorns here, let's aim first for an awesome HUGE SP :D

Personaly i dont care, i dont buy these games for a multiplayer but if they can add one later after the game will be totally finished with a sort of modding hoster server rules or wathever to push the creativity of people why not...
Making friendly or coop or pvp or hardcore roleplay server can be interesting and if people dont want it just dont click on the section in the game, i never played uncharted multiplayer for exemple but its cool that exist for people who want to.

Didn't intend to be mean, but come on... How do you even imagine co-op in a story-driven game with many narrative options? Co-op works in games focused on action. Co-op can exist only in some separate circumstances, like separate game modes, that have nothing to do with the main game, outside perhaps locations.

Nothing against folks who are multiplayer fans, but multiplayer for me in a game like this, would be something I would never even click on to try - in a game like this I personally would consider it a waste of development time. Just focus on the gameplay, single player campaign / story, fixing bugs, and then ideally if the game is successful, instead of wasting time on multiplayer, use that development time to develop some great DLC similar to Hearts of Stone / Blood & Wine from Witcher 3, or start working on the next Witcher game (pretty please :))

*sniffs the air* Why do I have a strong sense of Deja Vu with this thread?
I feel like I've witnessed the hate for something that doesn't affect you before...many times before.

Yep, MP in a game like this - an afterthought and waste of resources.

Wanna step that line back, bub? That thinking is an afterthought and waste of resources.

See, I can be mean to. :D

Guys let's drop it we have plenty of others reasons to fight let's not add another one for this game xD.They confirmed that at launch it will be a single player only game like the Witcher 3, so no point to talk now about MP when we don't even know how SP works. We're talking fairy tales and unicorns here, let's aim first for an awesome HUGE SP :D
I see..I'm gonna have fun with you chombatta.

I think this game NEEDS multiplayer in various kinds or one kind that is flexible,

BUT,

only after a couple of time, after all the single player stuff is "sucked out" and all the single player story fans are satisfied (including me!)
But there will come the point...

Single Player creates the legend.
Multi Player immortalizes it.

I think this game NEEDS multiplayer in various kinds or one kind that is flexible,

BUT,

only after a couple of time, after all the single player stuff is "sucked out" and all the single player story fans are satisfied (including me!)
But there will come the point...

Single Player creates the legend.
Multi Player immortalizes it.
We can agree on that and let's end the argument on that note :D!

There is no point in discussing multiplayer. However, something awesome could be an in-game retro arcade which you could visit and all scores posted are worldwide.

When it comes to multiplayer the way I'd like to see it done is to have it interwoven within the world and narrative as a whole, similar to how Dark Souls does their mulitplayer.

Where you could have factions and organizations IE Corporations, Nomads, gangs, cops, etc. During the story you come across these factions and if you wish to you can join their faction/help them, and doing so not only affects the single player world and how npc's see you but also opens up multiplayer and interacting with other real life players in your game.

So lets say you join the cops, you could then have access to a social space (IE police station) that you can enter and inside the game will seamlessly place other real players in that space, so it's kind of like a hang out for other players that joined that faction, you could maybe trade goods with other players in that faction, group up for specific faction missions together, etc.

Now the cops naturally would be enemies of gangs and criminal types of factions. Throughout the game there could be faction quests that would task you with an objective, and on the other side the players who are in opposing factions would be tasked with the same quest but against you. So it would seamlessly blend in other players within your world/quest.

To me this is the kind of MP I'd like to see, something that feels like it's part of the "world" and not something just tacked on (IE like a deathmatch mode or something).

Top Bottom