Is "V" a streetname/handle?

+
As it says. This could be simple way to make player give name his/her own character, simply for the it's-fully-your-own-character "flavor", but still have the world/npcs refer to you as Real character with actual name.

At certain opportunities, in text format, game would fall back to your birth name, like printed on ID, Tv news, the net, etc.

It's a handle, no idea if they are going to bother asking for a "real name" since if they are voicing a lot of stuff which means it will just be V the whole time. for perhaps on off flashes of text it doesn't seem worth it.

It's a handle, no idea if they are going to bother asking for a "real name" since if they are voicing a lot of stuff which means it will just be V the whole time. for perhaps on off flashes of text it doesn't seem worth it.

Baldur's gate did something already. It's seems it was a very simple thing to implement, < CHARNAME>.

No saying it's hard, saying there won't be reams of text about you personally so it is unlikely to come up that you need a "real name"

It doesn't have to have great purposes, but I'd love to put a name in my playthroughs and organize the saves per characters, like Bioware does. If they just dump everything in one single place, it would be a bit lazy.

As it says. This could be simple way to make player give name his/her own character, simply for the it's-fully-your-own-character "flavor", but still have the world/npcs refer to you as Real character with actual name.

At certain opportunities, in text format, game would fall back to your birth name, like printed on ID, Tv news, the net, etc.

Obviously only the Devs really know one way or the other, but that's the vibe I got. And it's certainly what I hope for and expect.

Shepard, Ryder, Hawke from BW games were set protagonist, yet the ability to give them a name was little, but nice feature. So, maybe you can name your character, nad he will be let's say John "V" Shepard. It's a small detail that enhances the immersion. And they risked a lot with exclusive FPP so adding another immersion friendly feature seems reasonable. "V" is needed for cutscenes and ingame interaction. What the NPCs are supposed to call the PC? "Hey, guy!" :)

It might be an abbreviation for the protagonist's real name. It isn't completely uncommon for the first letter of someone's first name to be used as a nickname.

The male protagonist might be named Vic for instance, and the female Valerie, and it just gets shortened on the street to "Vee."

It would be clever way for the devs to have NPCs address your character by their real name without having to record separate lines of dialogue to be directed at the male and female protagonists.

The name "V" I think it's good because the name can be used for either gender and I think its badass
I agree on this point, and honestly I don't really need more on it. While they likely weren't born as V, it might as well be their real name bc V doesn't seem like the type to file their taxes

I agree on this point, and honestly I don't really need more on it. While they likely weren't born as V, it might as well be their real name bc V doesn't seem like the type to file their taxes
Now you've done it. You've mentioned taxes. Here come the accountant simmers. :)

Top Bottom