Combat Thread - General

+
If I remember right, it was said somewhere based on the E3 demo that the difficulty is higher than in TW3, as the combat is fast paced and the player's character dies in 2-3 hits. And avoiding hits might be harder, too, since you do not have Quen and the attacks are mostly ranged. However, this is also an early build, the final version will likely be balanced so that the default difficulty feels about right for the average player.
I think comparing tW3 combat to a more shooter style is rough, because the skill sets required are so different. and fast paced doesn't necessarily mean harder. we don't know how lethal YOU are, or enemy group sizes, etc. the extra mobility is probably how they're balancing the combat.

and yes, I'm sure the default difficulty will be playable for most people.

The Noisy Cricket.

Trama Teams smg looks to be a Chadran Arms City Reaper.
It doesn't look even a bit close to CA City Reaper (that's a good thing, as most CP2020 designs are... questionable...)

The design is just... bothering. It looks awesome at first glance, even at a second one. But when you start to analyse... It falls apart. Judging from the ejector position, there's no barrel whatsoever to speak about. It's just an inch long before the compensator, which also looks very excessive. There's a good half, or even more, of the gun that is redundand. It also lacks any analog sights.
I did 5min reimagining that thingie into something less strange, preserving Kisslikeness. Added a rail over that strange device on top with a holosight.
WTFSMG.jpg

It doesn't look even a bit close to CA City Reaper (that's a good thing, as most CP2020 designs are... questionable...)

The design is just... bothering. It looks awesome at first glance, even at a second one. But when you start to analyse... It falls apart. Judging from the ejector position, there's no barrel whatsoever to speak about. It's just an inch long before the compensator, which also looks very excessive. There's a good half, or even more, of the gun that is redundand. It also lacks any analog sights.
I did 5min reimagining that thingie into something less strange, preserving Kisslikeness. Added a rail over that strange device on top with a holosight.
View attachment 10972043
This reminds me of something out of Tank Girl.

That! It's gyrojet gun! Only very badly designed :) But that's Kang Tao. One of the worst gun manufacturer in CP2020 world! :)
As for railguns. V's rifle is a railgun. It reads "Magrail" on the label. But for some reasons it employs three rails instead of two.
I hope it won't shine blue light before firing... :(

The Kang Tao smg has also "Magrail" written on it.

I'd like it if there was a weapon that froze time, and the player and each NPC in the area were only allowed to move one at a time during combat in the order of a random chance selected at the start of an encounter, or when the weapon was equipped if already in an encounter. I would call it the @kofeiiniturpa.

@atomowyturysta you are right since there is not two barrels it is not what I thought. It is in fact a Militech Bulldog Compact Assault Shotgun. That thing on the top is its laser-diffraction scaner. more or less a laser sight but it puts up a red circle the size of the shot pattern

A hoverboard you slide across the ground to trip people (just to add style)
plasma scythe
hammer that quakes the ground
third eye that shoots a laser
mechanical wings with blade tips
plasma rings like June has in Star Gladiator
a cyber attack dog?

and yes, I'm sure the default difficulty will be playable for most people.
I'm sure it will be.
But playable or not it's still an FPS/twitch based system rather then a character stat/skill based RPG system.

The point IS NOT that one system or the other is easier/harder, it's that CP2077 is supposedly an RPG, thus should have character driven combat mechanics available.

Some kind of melee weapon that could temporarily freeze or stun opponents; for some npcs you might not want to kill.

Moderator: A couple posts deleted. Please, leave off the personal skirmishes.

A general reminder from our rules:
When perusing the forums, you will often find people passionately expressing their opinions, which may differ from yours. Regardless of these differences, please, keep the following basic rules in mind:
  • always treat others with kindness and respect
  • do not insult others and try not to easily take offense

Top Bottom