Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
People say this game is still years away, why show up at e3 this soon ?

Because they've reached a point in development where they felt it could be showed. When people say years, as in 3 or 4, I think they're exaggerating. But keep in mind TW3 was shown over two years before its release.

in mind TW3 was shown over two years before its release.
No, The Witcher 3 was shown short of one year before release in a format similar to CP2077, i.e. Trailer+large gameplay demo. REDs are far enough in development to spend this year combing out the game but not more. They still have investors waiting for that sweet sweet revenue that wasn't paid this year.

No, The Witcher 3 was shown short of one year before release in a format similar to CP2077, i.e. Trailer+large gameplay demo. REDs are far enough in development to spend this year combing out the game but not more. They still have investors waiting for that sweet sweet revenue that wasn't paid this year.

Finishing the game from pre-alpha stage shown at E3 to final build in about a year? Without it having 100s of bugs and all that? Can't see it happening, TBH.

Finishing the game from pre-alpha stage shown at E3 to final build in about a year? Without it having 100s of bugs and all that? Can't see it happening, TBH.

wasn't aware we had any information on the build version of the game shown? do you have a link to that?

wasn't aware we had any information on the build version of the game shown? do you have a link to that?

Many previews stated it was pre-alpha build. I would have to check if they were quoting developers words from the presentation or it was just the journalists judgement based on what they saw.

pre-alpha

Yeah, not really. Journos are incompetent at their job and often contradict each other. You read something-something-pre-alpha-whatever-this-means, I've read that demo gameplay was well directed without any serious bugs.

Will cyberpunk express themes of sexism/racism?

Can we expect certain npcs/factions to discriminate or otherwise be distrustful towards fully cyborg V? Likewise, would other factions approve/trust you more and or have dynamic reactions based on v being heavily augmented.

Oh, feel free to educate me on the topic.
It means that a piece of software is not complete and devs are yet to decide whichever features should make the cut. CP2077 is in deep production and so was at E3 which means it's long past that point.

My bad. The E3 reveal was in 2014. But I'm not necessarily expecting it in a year.

It means that a piece of software is not complete and devs are yet to decide whichever features should make the cut. CP2077 is in deep production and so was at E3 which means it's long past that point.

Oh, I'm sure that the build they showed at E3 was different to what state it's in right now. But that doesn't mean it's gonna be just this year and puff - the game's done, considering that during E3 they were actually looking for industry feedback on certain aspects of the game and the direction they should take. So now they came back to the studio and they might start changing stuff based on that.

Nah, trying to hard fix a project this big before you are on the polishing phase is nuts. is why they haven't even given a window.

the Year off stuff is a stated preference for not doing 18+ months of marketing but also not trying to cram that all in to 6 months before the game is out.

From what i remember in 2014 E3 they had ALPHA 50 minutes gameplay closed door with Dijkstra, Godling etc + they showed 15 minutes of gameplay in public. (1.Xbox, 2.few minutes of Novigrad and Dijkstra, 3.few minutes of Godling)

In 2013 E3 they had also long 50 minutes closed door presentation for the press with Pre-alpha build: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jennif...er-3-wild-hunt-gameplay-preview/#2214c69bb50c focused on Leshen and Skellige, but they never showed us that 2013 gameplay.

Witcher 3 marketing push with trailers and gameplay videos:

1. June 2013: E3 Witcher 3 debut gameplay trailer + 50 minutes pre-alpha closed door presentation for the press
2. August 2013: Gamescom 2013 CGI Killing Monster trailer + 50 minutes pre-alpha closed door presentation for the press
3. December 2013: VGX Witcher 3 trailer Geoff show
4. June 2014: Sword of Destiny Witcher 3 trailer before E3
5. June 2014: 15 minutes of gameplay for the public and 50 minutes alpha closed door presentation for the press
6. August 2014: Gamescom, finally they showed us full 50 minutes of gameplay from alpha build
7. December 2014: Trailer Geoff show
8. January 2015: First time Hands-on for the press White Orchard / Gameplay for the public.
9. May 2015: Rage and Steel trailer
10. May 2015: Cinematic launch trailer (A Night to Remember)
11. May 2015: Gameplay launch trailer

If they will follow the same marketing with Cyberpunk, we'll se gameplay for Cyberpunk at next e3 in 2019. It seems that the game is in similar state as Witcher 3 in 2013, both pre-alpha, and both only for the press.

>June 18/18 Max Pears: "You won't upgrade yourself to implement your cyberwear as much as cyberpychos. Because if we allow players to do so, the story will go wrong. Our priority is story of course...there is a limit."

I really wonder what specific consequences would come from this then, Empathy and cyber psychosis are big in the world and seems strange to arbitrary absolve the player of it's rules. I presume they'll implement consequences of going down the tech dependent life in a different way. Bloodlines had it the lower your humanity the more depraved your character acted and responded via dialogue. So i presume it has narrative and roleplay connotations to it. Other than V just decided out of the blue to fight against the player when they implement one too many? Just would seem weird. So yeah, something like dialogue changes, perhaps comments by NPCs and discrimination/approval from factions and the like is all i can muster other than the character them self, sounding really irritated.

Hell, Bloodlines let you play a full-blown delusional crazy as a Malkavian.

Yup, playing nosferatu/malkavian/low humanity runs always gave really great value to the game that significantly changed things up. Really hope we avoid ludonarrative dissonance where the game (cp2077) is telling us two different stories through gameplay/narrative.

Yup, playing nosferatu/malkavian/low humanity runs always gave really great value to the game that significantly changed things up. Really hope we avoid ludonarrative dissonance where the game (cp2077) is telling us two different stories through gameplay/narrative.
Hard to say. Sounds like they've already made a lot of compromises to tell 'the story we want to tell' as is. If I were still planning on buying the game I'd be keeping my expectations pretty low at this point, just to be safe.

Disappointed about the cyberpsychosis thing, but not because it's not possible to become one (a cyberpsycho), but because it implies we won't be able to get major body enhancements - chrome arms, legs, etc.

Probably going to be limited to mostly non-visible augmentations, which is very disappointing if so. Will wait and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom