PS4 pro 1.62 Multiple Issues

+
Have the same issues here too, hoping for a fix soon. The audio pop makes the game unplayable at the moment.

Well, analysis of PS4 Pro HDR mode says, it is not even a true HDR, but just some pseudo-HDR: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/8ct4rc It as suspicious for me as on my not very high, but still not very entry-level TV HDR looks worse than the vanilla W3. In case of other, good HDR games it is not the case. I don't know, why CDPR pushed on this release if they have technical problems to deliver it. They made a big mistake to do so instead of admitting that the engine pn PS4 is just not allowing to deliver HDR.
But keeping this mind, I'm playing just on 4k without HDR so most of bugs are solved then (as written above).

I have not heard back either. Also yeah it's pretty bad, especially the audio issue. People that aren't sensitive to it might not even notice but it's pretty gamebreaking for people who are. I am also playing in standard mode because in pro mode the texture loading is horrible and definitely bugged. I really hope they are looking into this. The game was basically perfect before the pro patches, now you basically have to play the game in standard with no hdr and there is no way to stop the audio pop. The Xbox one version is perfect, it's just the pro version that is messed up... I hope they fix it

I have not heard back either. Also yeah it's pretty bad, especially the audio issue. People that aren't sensitive to it might not even notice but it's pretty gamebreaking for people who are. I am also playing in standard mode because in pro mode the texture loading is horrible and definitely bugged. I really hope they are looking into this. The game was basically perfect before the pro patches, now you basically have to play the game in standard with no hdr and there is no way to stop the audio pop. The Xbox one version is perfect, it's just the pro version that is messed up... I hope they fix it
Right there with you man. Right there with ya

Final update; still no response from CDPR on any of my tickets. Game is still an unplayable mess. Very disappointed in the lack of communication from CDPR and their decision to not fully QA test patches before their release. Used to have a lot of respect and faith in them, but not so much anymore. Consequently, this has also killed any interest I had in cyberpunk. Later, everyone.

Sorry, but if you had some technical issues in ticketing system, don't expect disappointed customers to re-submit the tickets. They most likely won't unfurtunately. For a QA in the dev-team it would take 30-60 mins to go through the last 2-3 forum topics and submitting the tickets in-house.

For technical reasons some of the tickets submitted via console flows in the support form may have not reached us. Could you please resubmit your tickets?
I'll resubmit the tickets. However, all of my issues are listed in the forum and I included a video in the OP of one of them. Others have confirmed having the same audio issue I describe. Can you say whether you all are aware of 1 or more of these issues and are working on them? I would very much appreciate some kind of acknowledgment.

I just got a private message from them, that they are not really willing to care about forum entries, only the officially submitted tickets...

I just got a private message from them, that they are not really willing to care about forum entries, only the officially submitted tickets...
If that's true that's ridiculous, especially considering I've already waited a month for them to respond to the 3 I sent only to find out that I have to resubmit because of "technical issues." It's not that hard to look at the forums and see whether multiple people are having the same issue to confirm that it's a bug with the game,.not just an isolated issue.

Hello, all!

I apologize for the issue with Tech Support and the long delay some people experienced. However, I need to clarify that the forums are not official Tech Support, nor does CDPR Support offer individual assistance directly through the forums. That's why there's a separate ticket system.

I understand the inconvenience, but unfortunately, resubmitting your report is the only avenue available. It's a larger consideration than just the players affected by this one issue. Please, just send it in again and it will be followed up on as soon as possible.

I'm back for my last rant (I promise). For a company that has done so well in the past, and that prides itself on "good enough is not good enough" it is absolutely frustrating and ridiculous that they turned their game into an unplayable mess for a good number of their PS4 base. Simple QA testing would have caught the draw distance/pop in issues, the lighting and hair color in caves issues, and (probably) the audio pop issues that multiple players across multiple channles have reported experiencing.

Not getting the tickets I (and others) submitted due to "technical issues" is forgivable, but then to not even acknowledge whether they are aware of or working on these issues that have been reported across multiple channels by multiple players simply because "the forums are not official" is, in my opinion, unacceptable, lazy, and runs counter to everything CDPR purportedly stands for. If you care about your customers, you acknowledge them when dozens (if not more) complain across multiple channels about what the ps4 pro patches did to the game, whether that's on an official outlet or not. I mean, they acknowledged the first pop in issue when someone asked them on Twitter!

Call me an entitled gamer that's whining about nothing. Ban me from the forums. Whatever. I'm absolutely frustrated with what the 4k and HDR patches did to this game, and I'm fed up with the lack of communication and response from CDPR about these issues. My frustration is amplified by the fact that, until now, CDPR has been a great company that seemingly loves what they do and cares about their consumers. As a company with such a great track record, it makes no sense that they don't care about the issues they created with these patches.

I might respond to moderators or CDPR (if they chime in again) but otherwise, I'm done. I wont give cdpr another penny until this game is fixed and future QA on patches is assured.

The best tip is:
Shut that nonsense HDR-hype completely OFF on the PS Pro. Every single game with activated HDR (no matter if it was Final Fantasy XV, The Last of Us, also Witcher 3 or Monster Hunter) looked outright disgusting with these disgusting beyond ugly unnatural oversaturated HDR colours with ultradeepdark shadows.

HDR is a complete nonsense and ugly "feature" hyped and enforeced like hell for years onto every single TV, videogame, movie and electronic entertainment system creating ugly deep-dark unnatural shadows where it gets more dark than a full moon midnight under every tree`s shadow, and the rest of the colours look so absolutely disgusting oversaturated that one get`s eye cancer when the TV or computerscreen is not set to monochrome output. :confused:

When wathing movies, on some few selected movies (like Riddick or Event Horizon) an active HDR feature looks kinda "cineastic" when colour settings are reduced from 50% to 33%, but in almost all applications no matter if videogames movies BluRays this HDR nonsense looks outright disgusting.

Opened a ticket for the view distance, pop-in issues and low FPS encountered in some areas (last time I tested it was in the field right near Drahim Castle), no issues found in version 1.50 on the PS4 Pro, troubles appeared after patch 1.62.

Tested mnewton07's workaround by changing PS4 output to 1080p and this significantly improved FPS in that area, however the view distance and pop-in issues remain horrible immersion killers (still not tested the above described audio issues).

I've also asked if there's any planned patch that might correct some of these issues, and the response was "Currently Technical Support has no information to share regarding the topic you have mentioned." . Also, no possibility to downgrade back to previously working version.

So my best guess is that if people continue to open trouble tickets for these kind of problems, maybe one day a new patch might pop in.

Has anyone else noticed that this patch reduces the amount of blood/gore when fighting humans? ... I recently reinstalled the game without the update and noticed a significant increase how visceral the combat is.. perhaps some kind of censorship was introduced??

Opened a ticket for the view distance, pop-in issues and low FPS encountered in some areas...

Just FYI, I was recently playing on PC and noticed that wheat fields draw in very close to the camera. Funny thing is, I didn't change any of my settings, and I don't remember it being so noticeable on prior playthroughs. Now, it seems to be happening pretty much everywhere.

My guess is that something was changed in the way the engine is rendering, perhaps to avoid issues. Either way, I can say that this particular thing is not limited to PS4.

Has anyone else noticed that this patch reduces the amount of blood/gore when fighting humans? ... I recently reinstalled the game without the update and noticed a significant increase how visceral the combat is.. perhaps some kind of censorship was introduced??

I don't think so. The blood and gore decals have always been a bit hit-or-miss. On PC, I've never had blood on my sword or Geralt himself, although I've watched it drawing in fine on other systems or consoles. Conversely, the blood flows freely for all monsters and NPCs. What, exactly, are you seeing (or not seeing)?

OK , so I don't want to turn this post into a rant, but...it's already been 4 months since the latest patch, immersion wise and graphics wise, things have taken a turn for the worst.

What's worse, there're sufficient youtube videos that clearly prove that the 1.62 patch downgraded the graphics, not to mention the multiple posts that state the aforementioned sound issues.

It's pretty clear that the development team is quite busy working on Cyberpunk 2077, but I for one would feel a lot better seeing an official statement that CDPR have taken all the feedback into consideration and would eventually find a workaround for all of these complaints.

I mean, come on, it wouldn't hurt for a possibility to chose between a graphics vs a performance settings...or to completely eliminate HDR...or to rollback to a previously working version.

Considering the very high quality of this game, I seriously thought about the possibility of upgrading my hardware in order to also buy the PC version just to have the best experience this game can offer...However, seeing the previous post's feedback, I'm starting to have serious second thoughts.

Not a huge gamer myself, but from my experience I think it's the only game in recent memory that received so much positive feedback throughout the years but in the end managed to disappoint so much.

Please fix this game.

Top Bottom