Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2018 Trailer Frame by Frame EP08 - Gangs

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

Night City has seen its share of gang warfare over the years. Night City gangs vary by structure, hierarchies, and backgrounds. Organized crime in this town is driven primarily by violence. There’s an ever-present need to prove oneself. Self-actualization through violence is a philosophy followed by many in society. At the bottom, physical brutality settles most disputes. At the top, corporations do whatever’s necessary to maintain both hard and soft power. Here, fear is king.

Below Deck — An underwater-themed club opened in a former aquarium.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing, and interacting, with the various gangs in the city. Hopefully at least one isn't innately hostile. I'd imagine there are some great opportunities to be had if you can get in good with one gang or another.

I think it depend on the players actions towards them, at least based on the information that they have released. It would seem weird if these gangs are just hostile to the player without any reason for being so. To me it seems like cyberpunk is a world which is driven purely by greed and influence and therefore assume that this is what the the gangs are interested in as well. There will probably be a lot of missions that will give the player the option to piss them off or decide who they want to help as I think its fair to assume that these gangs are most likely not best friends with each other either.

They said that Cyberpunk 2077 atmosphere would be agressive so we should expect brutality over the player almost anytime.

Just to clarify what I meant. I don't think its like you walk down the street and some gang members are standing there and other people (civilians) are walking pass them, but when you do they just instantly attack you, because they are "marked" as enemies. At least I hope that the player have to either pissed them off first or are trespassing on their turf before they get aggressive. But I would suspect that these gangs in general are brutal and for the most part disrespectful towards anyone that is not part of their gang, including the player.

So first there might be corrupt cops and will gangs work similar to how they worked in Witcher 3 with the gangs in Novigrad. But will there be crazy gangs like in Cyberpunk 2020 and movie like the Warriors where you have gangs having them like clowns or baseball or gullings island just to name a few.

I also could you side with the police maybe even ride in a police and go on the police network to find if there are any wanted criminals on the loose and catch them and either bring to the police station or straight to jail.

But this wouldn't just be for side quest it could be like contracts( Witcher series) but you either go to police station where they will have a classic old school notice board or you could just connect yourself to the police network and while you are drive just like in cops shows your radio in your car will make a noise and say " All Police All Police come in there is a robbery at 5th and Main Night bank! " and then waypoint will appear on your map. So you will drive all the way to that way point get there stop the robbery and then you will get certain amount of point and money but that robbery might turn into car chase which leads to a shoot out.

But that not the only job you could get there could murders where you have to use detective skills to solve the murder or dude heist where you have to scope out a building and catch the people in the act and by doing you get special skills that you can only receive from being/doing cop jobs.

Not to mention as you do more jobs your status as a cop will upgrade from rookie to day to day cop to detective and so on.

Just to clarify what I meant. I don't think its like you walk down the street and some gang members are standing there and other people (civilians) are walking pass them, but when you do they just instantly attack you, because they are "marked" as enemies. At least I hope that the player have to either pissed them off first or are trespassing on their turf before they get aggressive. But I would suspect that these gangs in general are brutal and for the most part disrespectful towards anyone that is not part of their gang, including the player.

Now, that you said that, I just reminded how dumb are the thugs and bandits on Witcher 3, because they come all agressive like: "You're gonna die." and then you just beat them easily, like what are they doing against a powerful witcher? Lul.

Now, that you said that, I just reminded how dumb are the thugs and bandits on Witcher 3, because they come all agressive like: "You're gonna die." and then you just beat them easily, like what are they doing against a powerful witcher? Lul. Just think if gangs on Cyberpunk 2077 would be like thugs and bandits, it would be funny.

Now, that you said that, I just reminded how dumb are the thugs and bandits on Witcher 3, because they come all agressive like: "You're gonna die." and then you just beat them easily, like what are they doing against a powerful witcher? Lul.

Yeah, think that is an issue in a lot of RPGs that a lot of enemies are really one sided when it comes to behavior and probably something that could be expanded a lot in future RPGs. It often end up in a "I don't like you and therefore I attack you on sight". Would be cool i think if there was an option in cyberpunk to turn off the level and health bars. So its more based on the players gut feeling rather than im level 5 therefore I can kill anyone at lower or around that level. To some degree I think that ruins immersion. In Cyperpunk it could be illustrated with tattoos, type of gear, the clothing, varies accessories that they might carry on them, the NPC attitude etc. Sort of like a lot of visual and audio clues, that the player could use to make a judgement of whether these are people they should mess with or not.

Im not really sure if there are level tags, but pretty sure I heard there are health bars.

Yeah, think that is an issue in a lot of RPGs that a lot of enemies are really one sided when it comes to behavior and probably something that could be expanded a lot in future RPGs. It often end up in a "I don't like you and therefore I attack you on sight". Would be cool i think if there was an option in cyberpunk to turn off the level and health bars. So its more based on the players gut feeling rather than im level 5 therefore I can kill anyone at lower or around that level. To some degree I think that ruins immersion. In Cyperpunk it could be illustrated with tattoos, type of gear, the clothing, varies accessories that they might carry on them, the NPC attitude etc. Sort of like a lot of visual and audio clues, that the player could use to make a judgement of whether these are people they should mess with or not.

Im not really sure if there are level tags, but pretty sure I heard there are health bars.

Yeah, I mean, if they could "tell" the enemies that you're below their level and that they couldn't attack you if you're below your level, it would be great. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes, although I think CD PROJEKT will handle that very well. At least, from what I've learned from TW3 they plan things carefully.

Yeah, I mean, if they could "tell" the enemies that you're below their level and that they couldn't attack you if you're below your level, it would be great. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes, although I think CD PROJEKT will handle that very well. At least, from what I've learned from TW3 they plan things carefully.

I think your right that CDPR have some cool ideas for this. However personally for me, I prefer that there are no restrictions on when enemies can attack you. However it should make sense when they do, not just because they are standing on a random street corner where you happen to be and because you are the player. But nothing should stop the player from going places, which would be required if there are restrictions that higher level enemies ain't allowed to attack you. The player should make that decision knowing that if they do, that they will most likely be killed or whatever. That is one of the cool things I like about both TW3 and Elder scrolls games, that nothing really prevent you from doing dangerous things if you really want to.

So personally I hope they keep the same base idea as in TW3, but just expand it and take it to a new level. Because in TW3 you have all these monsters that will attack you on sight which makes sense. But Cyberpunk doesn't seem to have a lot of mindless creatures running around attacking everything they see.

Maybe if the player is caught by some high level enemies, they will either rob and throw the player out of the area, in some cases try to kill them or whatever. I think a lot of things could make such experience more interesting so it not just always that they attack and kill you on sight.

I think your right that CDPR have some cool ideas for this. However personally for me, I prefer that there are no restrictions on when enemies can attack you. However it should make sense when they do, not just because they are standing on a random street corner where you happen to be and because you are the player. But nothing should stop the player from going places, which would be required if there are restrictions that higher level enemies ain't allowed to attack you. The player should make that decision knowing that if they do, that they will most likely be killed or whatever. That is one of the cool things I like about both TW3 and Elder scrolls games, that nothing really prevent you from doing dangerous things if you really want to.

So personally I hope they keep the same base idea as in TW3, but just expand it and take it to a new level. Because in TW3 you have all these monsters that will attack you on sight which makes sense. But Cyberpunk doesn't seem to have a lot of mindless creatures running around attacking everything they see.

Maybe if the player is caught by some high level enemies, they will either rob and throw the player out of the area, in some cases try to kill them or whatever. I think a lot of things could make such experience more interesting so it not just always that they attack and kill you on sight.

Yeah, I think they'll handle that in a better way this time, at least I'm trusting on them. They're really planning things carefully.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing, and interacting, with the various gangs in the city. Hopefully at least one isn't innately hostile. I'd imagine there are some great opportunities to be had if you can get in good with one gang or another.

I think it's been said that gangs will remember our actions. Maybe both positive and bad ones ?

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Night City has seen its share of gang warfare over the years. Night City gangs vary by structure, hierarchies, and backgrounds. Organized crime in this town is driven primarily by violence. There’s an ever-present need to prove oneself. Self-actualization through violence is a philosophy followed by many in society. At the bottom, physical brutality settles most disputes. At the top, corporations do whatever’s necessary to maintain both hard and soft power. Here, fear is king.

Below Deck — An underwater-themed club opened in a former aquarium.

Top Bottom