Hi Gang. I'm baaaaack...

+
Obviously, I've been very busy running Talsorian, getting Witcher to press, and...yeah, that's right...I have some weird gig with a bunch of guys in Poland. But with our new Social Media God (yeah, it's a real title at RTG) taking up the slack, I will be dropping though more often. You Have Been Warned.

Hope you liked the Trailer--because I sure did!

Attachments

• 3402492-cyberpunk-e32018-5104.jpg
    3402492-cyberpunk-e32018-5104.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 120
Obviously, I've been very busy running Talsorian, getting Witcher to press, and...yeah, that's right...I have some weird gig with a bunch of guys in Poland. But with our new Social Media God (yeah, it's a real title at RTG) taking up the slack, I will be dropping though more often. You Have Been Warned.

... Mike... I mean, Mr Mike Pondsmith... is this really you?!!!

Hi, Mike!

You're on TV now! Well, not TV, but, you know, the modern version of it. Gaming at IGN. What was that like?

I was reading Rockerboy or something recently and it mentioned the 500 channels..Night City, that was it. 198 stations, no idea how many channels. ANYWAY..

Strange to think my kids don't even watch TV. At all. Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, that's it. We haven't had Television since our oldest was about 5, 21 years ago...

Weird, huh?

Anyway, we loved the trailer. Well, most of us. The rest, I am still..securing. For...education.

Check out the Trailer Summary thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...reviews-thread.10970204/page-35#post-11019020

And the 2020 Mega Lore Trailer thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/mega-2020-lore-thread-trailer-breakdown.10970780/

I'd also direct you to the Developer Answers thread, but you already know these and more. So jealous.

Hey, Mike, really happy to see you on the forums. Been interested in your work for a while now, largely thanks to a few very dedicated fans of yours, namely @Sardukhar and @Suhiira. @MadqueenShow, too. ;)

The forums are a pretty chill place. I see you on the Reddits quite often, excited to see you stop in here from time to time.

As Sard said, the vast majority of us loved the trailer and it's clear CDPR really understands your world. I think a lot of people's worries were quelled (not all, but I'm sure you can understand that).

In the event that you can answer, are you pleased with the way CDPR has handled the class system? You've said it's cool and "subtle" before, but I'm wondering if you were at all frustrated not with CDPR, but the limitations of video games in relation to translating PnP source material?

If you could have chosen 2 other classes to be in the game, purely from your own perspective of "this would be so neat" (Even if impractical), what would they be?

Obviously, I've been very busy running Talsorian, getting Witcher to press, and...yeah, that's right...I have some weird gig with a bunch of guys in Poland.
Welcome aboard.
I wonder how quickly we can drive you insane with questions (most of which you of course can't answer).

And I'll add my thanks (again, we crossed paths briefly once-upon-a-time) for doing CP2020.
By far one of my favorite PnP RPGs.

Hey, Mike, really happy to see you on the forums. Been interested in your work for a while now, largely thanks to a few very dedicated fans of yours, namely @Sardukhar and @Suhiira. @MadqueenShow, too. ;)

The forums are a pretty chill place. I see you on the Reddits quite often, excited to see you stop in here from time to time.

As Sard said, the vast majority of us loved the trailer and it's clear CDPR really understands your world. I think a lot of people's worries were quelled (not all, but I'm sure you can understand that).

In the event that you can answer, are you pleased with the way CDPR has handled the class system? You've said it's cool and "subtle" before, but I'm wondering if you were at all frustrated not with CDPR, but the limitations of video games in relation to translating PnP source material?

If you could have chosen 2 other classes to be in the game, purely from your own perspective of "this would be so neat" (Even if impractical), what would they be?

Actually, I'm not only fine with how CDPR handled classes, but I was involved with it to some extent. In our discussions, I suggested that we not entirely follow the PnP classes but instead organize things by the TYPE of activity the player would be involved in. By working on this three way axis, you can pretty much cover almost all the classes, even if they are not openly named as such.

Actually, I'm not only fine with how CDPR handled classes, but I was involved with it to some extent. In our discussions, I suggested that we not entirely follow the PnP classes but instead organize things by the TYPE of activity the player would be involved in. By working on this three way axis, you can pretty much cover almost all the classes, even if they are not openly named as such.

So glad to see you here! :)

Hey Mr.Pondsmith, Glad to see you kicking around the forums. I just wanted to ask if by when you mean cover almost all classes, do you mean task,quest and npcs that you interact with to give your character a feel of some of the other 2020 classes. (Cool stuff like new abilities perks and what not.) From those like rocker boy or corp? Or more or less as you said provide those types of activities for the player if he/she wants to, engage with and suffer the consequences from doing so.

Thanks chombatta, and glad to see you back.

Top Bottom