Cyberpunk 2077 Discord Server - A Nice Place To Chat.

+
Nice place? This orwellian society miniature is so thoroughly moderated, this forum looks like a place abandoned by moderators in comparison.

Not..sure...how to take that...but I do moderate on both, soooo...I AM CRUELLY EVERYWHERE. So does Rawls, Muff, Sun, etc.

Maybe you mean the swear filter? Or....I dunno. Pretty similar rules.

No politics ( that aren't Cyberpunk related), be Nice, Respect others...

There are some hardware and platform limitations?

People seem to have a good time there, but hey, wherever people are comfortable.

Not..sure...how to take that...but I do moderate on both, soooo...I AM CRUELLY EVERYWHERE. So does Rawls, Muff, Sun, etc.

Maybe you mean the swear filter? Or....I dunno. Pretty similar rules.

No politics ( that aren't Cyberpunk related), be Nice, Respect others...

There are some hardware and platform limitations?

People seem to have a good time there, but hey, wherever people are comfortable.
You're silly, Sard. ;)

Sorry to hear that! :(

If you feel like sharing your feedback with me on DM that would be appreciated.

I think what's occurring is that we're seeing users attempt to police other users. This is natural, it happens whenever there's a "hierarchy" (old v. new users) and it's one reason I don't want user "tiers." But I'm not sure what can be done about it. Our mods are stretched thin as it is. Wish you the best of luck in managing everything, though, your job certainly isn't easy.

I think what's occurring is that we're seeing users attempt to police other users. This is natural, it happens whenever there's a "hierarchy" (old v. new users) and it's one reason I don't want user "tiers." But I'm not sure what can be done about it. Our mods are stretched thin as it is. Wish you the best of luck in managing everything, though, your job certainly isn't easy.
Currently, we are not planning to add user "tiers". Everyone is equal and I agree that having such feature wouldn't bring anything good. :)

I think what's occurring is that we're seeing users attempt to police other users.

When I'm on, the only policing I see is people being directed to the proper channels for the questions they have. For example, there are/were many people that would ask about 2077 on the 2020 or tabletop games chat and then would ask about tabletop games on the 2077 chat. Though I do catch rare but quickly vanished instances of people complaining about not being able to swear or talk about "adult stuff" or complain they got smacked with the banhammer.

When I'm on, the only policing I see is people being directed to the proper channels for the questions they have. For example, there are/were many people that would ask about 2077 on the 2020 or tabletop games chat and then would ask about tabletop games on the 2077 chat. Though I do catch rare but quickly vanished instances of people complaining about not being able to swear or talk about "adult stuff" or complain they got smacked with the banhammer.

Hmm.. I'm not going to get into some of the things I was seeing here on the forums, but suffice to say I have reason for feeling that way. I am glad that you didn't experience it, however.

Anyway, still a neat place with lots of cool folks.

People tend to be passionate and partially I can't blame them. Now unless you really said something non-constructive you can always try to remind people to try a constructive approach themselves.

While perhaps you cannot normally argue with some, my point is you always have soft ways to get a debate on track, at least to some extend. And if a normal intended debate really goes sour you can always try to look for a discord mod I reckon.

My even more underlying point is if "the community" (including you) doesn't try certain things they won't improve. One should be able to also discuss the game in a perhaps more critical fashion I reckon, without debates turning non-constructive.

Siiigh. Posts deleted for non-constructive and general uck. We're not turning this into a Rant thread, thanks.

Hi!
I went to share some screenshots I took in game photo mode. However, I seem to be blocked? Something about "must verify identity by phone before you can send messages in this server." Is this new? was able to partake before. I would just verify, but I am currently not able to. 1. I had to deactivate my monthly service, 2. My battery just recently swollen and had to get rid of it. Is there any way to gain permission?

Can give discord ID to whomever if needed via DM. However, unable to contact any moderator in the discord as I am not considered in the same Server anymore without verification.

Hi!
I went to share some screenshots I took in game photo mode. However, I seem to be blocked? Something about "must verify identity by phone before you can send messages in this server." Is this new? was able to partake before. I would just verify, but I am currently not able to. 1. I had to deactivate my monthly service, 2. My battery just recently swollen and had to get rid of it. Is there any way to gain permission?

Can give discord ID to whomever if needed via DM. However, unable to contact any moderator in the discord as I am not considered in the same Server anymore without verification.

Can't be sure exactly what the problem is, but I would contact Discord Support (through their website) about it first. It doesn't sound like it's a CDPR issue, but rather a general Discord / Account issue.

Understood. thank you
Post automatically merged:

Can't be sure exactly what the problem is, but I would contact Discord Support (through their website) about it first. It doesn't sound like it's a CDPR issue, but rather a general Discord / Account issue.

Sent a ticket at discord support. was emailed with this.
"
  • If there is a server that has requested you to verify your email or phone number before accessing the server, we sadly won't be able to bypass that requirement, and you'll need to contact the server admins to ask if they can take away the requirement, or assign a role to your account. "

Last edited:
Understood. thank you
Post automatically merged:

Sent a ticket at discord support. was emailed with this.
"
  • If there is a server that has requested you to verify your email or phone number before accessing the server, we sadly won't be able to bypass that requirement, and you'll need to contact the server admins to ask if they can take away the requirement, or assign a role to your account. "

Hm. I'll try to check on it. No idea, personally.

Top Bottom