GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have some questions

1) every card (faction card, not neutral) will be part of some archetype or there will also be "hybrid" cards that work well in multiple decks?

2) will decks have only few strategies to win (like greatswords for example) or we can expect multiple ways of winning a game within the same deck

3) will we have the same number of golds, silvers and bronzes or something may switch up between them?

4) will there be mechanics that provide "surprise" for the opponent like ambush? If yes will they be something more popular than now where maybe every faction or almost will have their own mechanic or will still be something limited?

5) will we still have the same mechanics/keywords like duel, resurrect, swap etc. Or we can expect something different? Maybe faction-locked mechanics?

6) will big part of the strategy be focused on deckbuilding or actual gameplay, or (most likely) they'll be well balanced?

7) what about bi-factional cards? Have you ever taught about it or is something that have never crossed your minds?

These are a lot of questions but I hope you can answer most of them

1) There will be hybrid cards
2) More variety, but also decks that focus on finding and playing your win con, but less tutors.
3) We're trying to have a standard number of cards for each faction
4) Ambush will be great again <3
5) There might be some surprises ;)
6) A bit of both IMHO
7) Not planned atm, neutrals can be considered better now

EZ Clap :) Have a great day!

Hello Pawel,
Regarding the lack of any information/footage of the progress of the HC project, when the changes are finally shown to the playerbase what are the chances of them being changed so late in the process (assuming there will not be delays) if there is severe backlash from the community about some of them?
I am really hoping that everything will look and feel amazing (as I am sure it will be), but the HC announcement did mention that You will take into account player feedback and information gathered from PTRs.
Best of luck and looking forward to the leeks! :)

p.s. Sorry if I came off as a bit negative, I really believe in HC.

We'll still have some time for tweaks if all goes as planned :)

Hello Mr Burza.
1 Will the game support the 21:9 display mode in the future?
2 it is said the min number of cards becomes 30. Can you tell us the max number of cards and the ratio of gold, silver and copper cards in a deck? Is the deck construction method completely different from the present?
3 Can you leak the approximate date of the August news? I am really looking forward to it

Gook luck to all the devs!

1. Not planned ATM.
2. It is different, but I don't want to go into specifics just yet.
3. Sorry, not until I'm 100% certain.

Hi there.

Basically, what I'm asking is to extend Monsters vs Scoia'tael faction challenge for 1 more day because of yesterday's servers down issue. Me and my wife are playing Gwent since Closed Beta, and I was able to collect all the faction challenge rewards, but Monsters - was all that left for her to collect. Unfortunately, yesterday she wasn't able to reach 30 wins, because servers were down. And, since that was the last faction challenge with Monsters in this season, she won't be able to complete her collection at all. There's also one personal point in this ask. The thing is that I didn't help her to reach these 30 wins earlier, so now she'll blame me for her unfinished collection, and seems like I can do nothing about that at this point.

So, is it possible to extend Monsters vs Scoia'tael faction challenge for 1 more day? Could you please do this for us and those who probably share the same "luck"?

Hi there.

Basically, what I'm asking is to extend Monsters vs Scoia'tael faction challenge for 1 more day because of yesterday's servers down issue. Me and my wife are playing Gwent since Closed Beta, and I was able to collect all the faction challenge rewards, but Monsters - was all that left for her to collect. Unfortunately, yesterday she wasn't able to reach 30 wins, because servers were down. And, since that was the last faction challenge with Monsters in this season, she won't be able to complete her collection at all. There's also one personal point in this ask. The thing is that I didn't help her to reach these 30 wins earlier, so now she'll blame me for her unfinished collection, and seems like I can do nothing about that at this point.

So, is it possible to extend Monsters vs Scoia'tael faction challenge for 1 more day? Could you please do this for us and those who probably share the same "luck"?

Hi, unfortunately we cannot extend the event, sorry.

1. Is it possible to add an option to censor the game (just like the Chinese Version), removing the nudity, blood and violence?
2. I've got +5 years of experience in web development and would like to help implement this feature, if that's possible?

Hi Gwent Developers team!
1. This game is great for brain entertainment. Thank you.
2. I've played not less 500 hours, mostly in love with game mechanic and tactic, but not violent graphic art.
Of course maybe, it's question of taste. Not so long ago, have asked how to play in censored art version of the game,
and, thanks support team, they linked me with china servers.
Unfortuantely, as i understand correc,t china serv. require to registrate fresh acc (and this not the best option for person with existing acc.)

3. Summary, maybe that's not only me feeling tension for watching cards with violence blood and meat. Though i have no statistic about violence cards popularity, we may assume that Gwent game can have amount of users who attached to my feelings: that Gwent is firstly about game tactic for win , and secondly about card's art.

*So, how about to make an option in settings:
to turn on card censorship, for concertrate only for playing.(as Gwent team already has censored art for china servers)

4. Understanding, this is a question with low priority.
So firstly, how can i help: Unfortuantely, have no experience in game dev, but have 5+ experience in web development,
so basically, Programmers team may use my hands and time to make this idea done.
I'm unsure about security for involving third person into development, but sure, it can be solved (just teamviewer so on),

ps. if Only idea to make censore option is overall healthy for game grow. Of course, all this boobs, meat and violence are nice trigger, that accelerates play rate of Gwent and W3 games. Hope, that reducing that *as an option in settings* would lead to higher play popularity, not lower.

Huge thanks for attention! if idea is interesting feel free to contact me anitime in p. message and gmail.
also (maybe voting on forum or "ask dev discussion thread" could help further)

Moderator's Note: summarized the post to make it better readable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few questions:
1.Concerning rows and factions- will some factions have more row locked units than others? For example Nilfgaard is a faction that is known for it's disciplined,organized and highly trained soldiers (like the Roman empire) and taking that into consideration Nilfgaard should have more row locked units than for example Scoia'tael who are guerrilla fighters.
2. Do you plan on adding more card backs? For example Northern Realms faction could get the coat of arms of Redania,Kaedwen,Aedirn,etc. as card backs instead of only using Temerian lilies.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but can we expect to be able to link our Windows 10 collection to the GOG version of Gwent when Homecoming drops?
If not, is this something that is planned to be added in the future or is not even in consideration?

Thank you.

1. Is it possible to add an option to censor the game (just like the Chinese Version), removing the nudity, blood and violence?
2. I've got +5 years of experience in web development and would like to help implement this feature, if that's possible?

Hi Gwent Developers team!
1. This game is great for brain entertainment. Thank you.
2. I've played not less 500 hours, mostly in love with game mechanic and tactic, but not violent graphic art.
Of course maybe, it's question of taste. Not so long ago, have asked how to play in censored art version of the game,
and, thanks support team, they linked me with china servers.
Unfortuantely, as i understand correc,t china serv. require to registrate fresh acc (and this not the best option for person with existing acc.)

3. Summary, maybe that's not only me feeling tension for watching cards with violence blood and meat. Though i have no statistic about violence cards popularity, we may assume that Gwent game can have amount of users who attached to my feelings: that Gwent is firstly about game tactic for win , and secondly about card's art.

*So, how about to make an option in settings:
to turn on card censorship, for concertrate only for playing.(as Gwent team already has censored art for china servers)

4. Understanding, this is a question with low priority.
So firstly, how can i help: Unfortuantely, have no experience in game dev, but have 5+ experience in web development,
so basically, Programmers team may use my hands and time to make this idea done.
I'm unsure about security for involving third person into development, but sure, it can be solved (just teamviewer so on),

ps. if Only idea to make censore option is overall healthy for game grow. Of course, all this boobs, meat and violence are nice trigger, that accelerates play rate of Gwent and W3 games. Hope, that reducing that *as an option in settings* would lead to higher play popularity, not lower.

Huge thanks for attention! if idea is interesting feel free to contact me anitime in p. message and gmail.
also (maybe voting on forum or "ask dev discussion thread" could help further)

Moderator's Note: summarized the post to make it better readable.

Hi! We don't plan to have a censored version of the game aside from the Chinese version of course.

I have a few questions:
1.Concerning rows and factions- will some factions have more row locked units than others? For example Nilfgaard is a faction that is known for it's disciplined,organized and highly trained soldiers (like the Roman empire) and taking that into consideration Nilfgaard should have more row locked units than for example Scoia'tael who are guerrilla fighters.
2. Do you plan on adding more card backs? For example Northern Realms faction could get the coat of arms of Redania,Kaedwen,Aedirn,etc. as card backs instead of only using Temerian lilies.

1. No
2. In the future yes :)

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but can we expect to be able to link our Windows 10 collection to the GOG version of Gwent when Homecoming drops?
If not, is this something that is planned to be added in the future or is not even in consideration?

Thank you.

Not planned at the moment :)

1. Will factions retain their faction color for Homecoming and will it still be a part of their border?
2. Are all faction names going to be the same? Asking because ST has been a place of debate for ages
3. Will the new card borders be wildly different from what we currently have or will they retain the same feel?
4. Will faction boards remain for Homecoming or will Gwent have one unified board?
5. Will the board for arena remain different from standard?
6. Are avatars/borders going to stay the same for homecoming or will they get a visual change aswell?
7. Is there going to be a Pavko Gale avatar at some point?

rrc

Forum veteran
Dear Burza,

Will the game get faster? What I mean is, currently some actions are very slow, like Bloodcurdling Roar, or even Vilgefortz action takes at least some 4-5 seconds to complete. At the same time, Vandergrift's Blade's animation is much faster. Is making the game faster in your roadmap?

1) There will be hybrid cards
2) More variety, but also decks that focus on finding and playing your win con, but less tutors.
3) We're trying to have a standard number of cards for each faction
4) Ambush will be great again <3
5) There might be some surprises ;)
6) A bit of both IMHO
7) Not planned atm, neutrals can be considered better now

EZ Clap :) Have a great day!

Thank you for your effort to answer all our questions , and btw a few more questions popped into my mind

1) considering the reduction of tutors, can we expect draw RNG to have less impact impact in enabling our strategies? (of course, only to some extent, is a card game after all) or will we have unique ways to enable them? or maybe we won't have at all cards that are 100% necessary to win? (aaaah so many questions 😂, I guess I'll just need to wait to see a gameplay video)

2) will cards like quen sign or gabor zigrin return?

3) how will the interactivity with the opponent be handled? will he have different ways to counter our moves during our turn, or maybe will just revolve around the ambush mechanic?

Has a decision made about how milling premium cards will work when Homecoming comes? i.e. will they mill for the scraps cost of the base card plus the meteorite powder needed to transmute them or will they mill for the value needed to craft them directly with scraps?

1. Will factions retain their faction color for Homecoming and will it still be a part of their border?
2. Are all faction names going to be the same? Asking because ST has been a place of debate for ages
3. Will the new card borders be wildly different from what we currently have or will they retain the same feel?
4. Will faction boards remain for Homecoming or will Gwent have one unified board?
5. Will the board for arena remain different from standard?
6. Are avatars/borders going to stay the same for homecoming or will they get a visual change aswell?
7. Is there going to be a Pavko Gale avatar at some point?

1. Yes, but card boarders will change
2. Yes
3. Different for sure
4. Faction boards
5. Yes
6. They will stay the same
7. Not that I know :)

Dear Burza,

Will the game get faster? What I mean is, currently some actions are very slow, like Bloodcurdling Roar, or even Vilgefortz action takes at least some 4-5 seconds to complete. At the same time, Vandergrift's Blade's animation is much faster. Is making the game faster in your roadmap?

We'll see if interactions will be faster, but most likely they will stay at the same pace.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom