Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
if the actual books make it out to be a more clean cut and normalized affair.

Pretty normalized, even actual non-cyber organs are fair game. Organ harvesting is a steady source of income for the Street.

Donor Cards are "necessary" ( and so is forging them, going to the black market, etc) - lots of firefights end up with some pretty frantic looting afterwards...

Anyway, yeah. Dark Future - harvesting bodies is just modern entrepreneurship!

BodyBanks.jpg

@Lilayah See? It's not just that I'm crazy! It's in the corebook! Mike is too!

Pretty normalized, even actual non-cyber organs are fair game. Organ harvesting is a steady source of income for the Street.

Donor Cards are "necessary" ( and so is forging them, going to the black market, etc) - lots of firefights end up with some pretty frantic looting afterwards...

Anyway, yeah. Dark Future - harvesting bodies is just modern entrepreneurship!

@Lilayah See? It's not just that I'm crazy! It's in the corebook! Mike is too!
Well lookee there...boy howdy! Thanks for the education!

Keep in mind the setting for CP2020.
Most people outside the Corp Zones are barely keeping fed and clothed, so ANY source of additional income will be seized on immediately. People aren't quite fighting over food scraps in the streets, but it's close.

I have a question with your background choices when you are creating your does those choices how the game start for your because of choices in the creating of your character.

Most people outside the Corp Zones are barely keeping fed and clothed, so ANY source of additional income will be seized on immediately. People aren't quite fighting over food scraps in the streets, but it's close.

Mmm. What was it Home of the Brave had - average income in 2020 is 4000 eb per year? And that's after crazy-high Corp incomes skew it.

A Nomad makes like 1000 eb a year, iirc.

A US Army private makes 250 eb per month, for example.

I have a question with your background choices when you are creating your does those choices how the game start for your because of choices in the creating of your character.
As we currently understand it your background choices have no effect whatsoever on the start of the game.
But there are apparently some dialog options during the game that become available because of one background choice or another.

A US Army private makes 250 eb per month, for example.
And as a US Army private (s)he gets a free place to live and three meals a day, so that 250eb a month is pure spending money.
So you can guess how far that 1000eb a year the Nomad gets really goes.

Last edited:
Hello team of cyberpunk2077 my name is anastiel
I wonder if in the universe of cyb2077 we can see political connections with secret cults and a religion linked to transhumanism and another against the movement.

Thank you, I wish the whole team success.
A.'.A.'.

Hello team of cyberpunk2077 my name is anastiel
I wonder if in the universe of cyb2077 we can see political connections with secret cults and a religion linked to transhumanism and another against the movement.

Thank you, I wish the whole team success.
A.'.A.'.
Hey!

Politics will have a huge impact on story in Cyberpunk, but right now can't really say anything more about such topics.
Mike Pondsmith’s world of Cyberpunk can be a very brutal place and we’re aiming to recreate that to an extent. The game is also mature because of the whole spectrum of social problems it covers — war, poverty, social inequality. Our characters are brutal, both men and women, but not because we want to emanate with it — it’s because that’s part of this world.

The tired old expression "Dog eat dog" pretty much sums it up in Cyberpunk.
It's frequently difficult to get ahead without screwing someone else over.

Guest 4320077

CD how's the HUD?
Is there a minimap like GTA or like AC ORIGINS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!

Politics will have a huge impact on story in Cyberpunk, but right now can't really say anything more about such topics.
Mike Pondsmith’s world of Cyberpunk can be a very brutal place and we’re aiming to recreate that to an extent. The game is also mature because of the whole spectrum of social problems it covers — war, poverty, social inequality. Our characters are brutal, both men and women, but not because we want to emanate with it — it’s because that’s part of this world.

thank you very much for the answers, I have a desire to see an illuminati or similar order to Freemasonry I will like it a lot. success for the whole team

Attachments

• Chaos 007.jpg
    Chaos 007.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 51

Will there be more emphasis on themes involving humanity's impact on environment? This would be interesting to see: post apocalyptic games simply replace animals with "cool monsters" for players to kill/XP.

And climate change did happen ( or it's effects), here, this could be interesting commentary on current events.

Really loved that about Jade Empire.

I ran a campaign once where there was a thermal inversion that kept nasty pollution over the slums for days causing quite a number of deaths. Gunfights then started over the bodies leading to more deaths.........

The player Characters were, of course, right in the middle of the slums when this happened. :eek:

Nasty, but OTOH, someone made a killing out there. :p

- Shane

As we currently understand it your background choices have no effect whatsoever on the start of the game.
But there are apparently some dialog options during the game that become available because of one background choice or another.

I thought the way it was explained, that things like life path would be so in-depth that if you to try another path in a given quest, you might find that their would be differences that would make it impossible to mimic another player's choice due to his or her life path and other rooted attributes that they have. Like it would be more involved than just selecting other players dialogue options for different outcomes. Though i'd imagine sometimes you'll have that, but mostly with other factors like the attributes, street ced, etc ontop of lifepath to compound it in order to give you the player unique experiences and lots of C&C.

Also i thought they didn't want to gate away dialogue choices behind speech checks? Maybe this is different in so far as they're not merely making it only a manner of speech or sentence, but something that only known by a character in their respective lifepath. If that is the case, then they'll maybe do the same with class you pick from the main three and the traits you get from the others.

Also i thought they didn't want to gate away dialogue choices behind speech checks? Maybe this is different in so far as they're not merely making it only a manner of speech or sentence, but something that only known by a character in their respective lifepath. If that is the case, then they'll maybe do the same with class you pick from the main three and the traits you get from the others.
It's not really "gating" when dialog options are due to character background not skills. It only makes sense that someone with say a Corp background is going to have a better grasp on what to say to a Corp then someone that grew up in the streets.

And while I've also heard they don't want to limit dialog with speech checks I can't see that working well. First off it totally negates the use/need for most Empathy (and many Cool) based skills and if you allow anyone to say anything and have NPCs respond (generally favorably) to it then what's the point? Most folks will pick just the "best" dialog option and any others that may exist are a waste of CDPRs time even creating them.

It's not really "gating" when dialog options are due to character background not skills. It only makes sense that someone with say a Corp background is going to have a better grasp on what to say to a Corp then someone that grew up in the streets.

And while I've also heard they don't want to limit dialog with speech checks I can't see that working well. First off it totally negates the use/need for most Empathy (and many Cool) based skills and if you allow anyone to say anything and have NPCs respond (generally favorably) to it then what's the point? Most folks will pick just the "best" dialog option and any others that may exist are a waste of CDPRs time even creating them.

Yeah, if all skills are leveled up the more you use it, How does that work for social/cha skills since we know from articles that it is something they plan on implementing. Like with normal RPGs, you'd put points into a skill and that would influence your starting DCs for low level, then as you go through the game it gets progressive more higher and makes C&C a thing, as you're going to have to be specific in what you want to upgrade. Without this system and make it as you do it more, you become better. this confuses me because how would you be able to translate that system dialogue/social stuff. As you're not going to start out as a god in silver tongue or what have you. I assume you'd need to either pick proper sequences to level it up and then you'd have a sort of hidden check system to see how far you've leveled up a skill to make a character believe what you say. Otherwise, you'd need to upgrade it some other way other than dialogue and that is just confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom