GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have some questions about Homecoming:
  • With the new tutorial, will the rewards be distributed for players who had already done it or will it be obligatory to play it again?
  • Will the game still be called “Gwent” or “Gwent: Homecoming”? Minor detail, but I’m interested. :)
  • If the full collection will be milled will we get also full scraps value for premiums?
  • It may be a dumb question, but will cards still be rectangular?
  • Will premiums still be so cool, ya’ know, moving and all this staff (it really distinguishes Gwent from other card games, like you want to have all premiums) and will future premiums be like it?
  • What about some premium arts for token, that are currently basic (like Hjalmar’s King of Undvik)?
  • Will the collection change? If so, will there be credit for artwork artists on every card (like before)?
  • Will there be drawing cards in-between round or will it stay the same?
Wow, that was a lot of questions. Thanks for answers in advance and wish You and Gwent Team best luck :)

• You'll have to re-play it
  • GWENT
  • Full mill, most likely full scrap value
  • Yes
  • Premiums won't change
  • Some cards will get missing premium versions
  • We'll bring back the names
  • Yes, you will draw cards in-between rounds

Last edited:
Clearly I can't get enough leeks
  • Are card borders going to retain the same shape?
  • How will the interface be distributed during gameplay with the new board? Will leaders and points remain on the left hand side with previews on the right and such or will this be ordered in a different way?
  • Will played card history be improved with Homecoming?
  • Will mulligan/card selection scale to the amount of cards as it was intended or will it be changed completely?
  • How much space will Shupe have for kegs?
  • Will the user interface include full 3D elements or will it retain the same 2D feel, both in-game and in menus?
  • Is currency going to get different icons?
  • Are ranks and levels going to get different icons?
  • Will the general order of the main menu be preserved (sorted by multiplayer, singleplayer, collection etc.) or will it be different, if so then how?
  • Are player profiles going to get extra improvements outside of visual changes? (Game history, stats etc.)
  • Are leader challenges going to remain with Homecoming for new players to unlock leaders or will that work differently?
  • Is there going to be a special event/stream/celebration with the release of Homecoming (kinda like how you did the Open Beta stream talking about things and talking to people)
Thank you for your hard work and keep at it! I'm sure a ton of people appreciate all the answers to every question in this thread!
Hope you and the entire team are doing well and development isn't too stressful despite what you have to deliver :)
And unfortunately for you I'm sure I will come up with even more questions in the future probably :D

• Yes
  • No preview on the right side anymore, other then that everything looks similar
  • Pretty much the same
  • It will change
  • Shupes shop will be remodelled
  • 3D and 2D
  • Improved icons, yes
  • Different
  • No idea yet
  • Yes we will have leader challenges, but done in a different way
  • Of course there will be a stream, I miss those and TWIG :D
Thanks! :)

Good day, Mr. Burza! I've got a couple questions about the card ability design process:
  • Could you tell us, to what extent the card's abilities design is completed? In another post, you've mentioned mechanics not being completely fleshed out. This makes me kind of concerned, as to how many cards are at a point, where the team is confident in their design.
  • When designing cards, does the team look at archetypes, gameplans or decks they want to implement into the game? Or rather are cards with unique and interesting abilities being created, which are put in decks at a later point in the design process?
  • To what extent will swarm-mechanics still be possible after Homecoming?
I'm hoping everything is well at the office and you have all the resources you need for a successful release :)

Also, I hope it's fine to ask, but: What are the specific team's (like the Art dept., the Programmers, ...) greatest challenges/ biggest concerns at the moment?

As a side note: I really appreciate your commitment to answering each and every question posed in this thread, @Burza46 .

We have all factions designed and they are in the process of being tested, more info regarding game design will come. Not ready to get into specifics just yet.

Biggest challenge is nailing the new look of the game :)

Hello!

Is there will be cards that include other already made cards like silver mages (they can cast 3 spells) in curent vesion of Gwent?
Like, if you want to decrease amount of RNG, will you put fixed choise of 2-3 cards into 1 card?
For example, you use Special Card, and it gives you 2-3 different situational Spells and you choose one.
Will such cards be lesser rarity than Silver/EPIC? Or you plan to create such bronze cards as well.
P.S. I don't take into account only First Light, which is bronze, but it kinda different.

There will be some fixed choice cards.

• Who is going to be the new monsters leader? Is Ge'els getting a promotion again? If not, then is it Draug?
  • If the card preview won't be on the right does that mean it's going to be on a different part of the screen or will we see card details by hovering over cards?
  • Is Usurper still going to be disloyal? I know Create leaders are definitely not a favourite for most people but that one tiny detail is what was really great about him IMO :D

Hello mr burza! I have a question regarding milling cards during The hc expansion. If we have more cards than usual, let s say i have 3 copies of the same gold, do we get full Mill value? Or not? Because i m very înterested în this. I understood The fact we get full scraps for our collection, but for extra copies?

Last edited:
Could milling our entire collections for us be made optional or something?

Some of us already have every card in the game so having them milled just to rebuy all of them doesn't make any sense.

Have you already decided what you are going to do after Homecoming? And which faction will be next to get a story mode such as Thronebreaker?

Recently, I found that some card settlement mechanisms are changed.
For example, now Roach is played after the gold card is settled.
I also found that the positions of cards displaced by Zoltan are no longer determined by the order in which I select them.
I want to know if these changes are the ideas of the designers or purely unconscious changes. If they are from designers' ideas, I hope that these changes can also be announced to our players.

Thanks for taking your time to answer all of these questions!
For the milling of the collection when homecoming arrives, will we keep our ore/scraps from before or will that be reset to 0 as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom