Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+

Guest 4243332

I've traveled with Roach outside of Novigrad on the path you ride the "underground-horserace" and did a slightly look to the left at the skyline of the town... AND FOR A SECOND THE F***ING CITY GOES FUTURISTIC!!!!! ...really hardcore skyscrapers and stuff... ;) you're welcome

Interesting, if it is really in the game, it is probably a Cyberpunk 2077 easter egg. Do you have a screenshot of where it can be found, or can you mark the approximate location on this interactive map (you can right click anywhere to place a marker and then post the URL)? Also, what platform is it? Perhaps it was added only on XB1 and/or PS4 with the recent enhancement patches.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Riven-Twain;n10135322 said:
Intriguing.

Has anyone else seen this?

False alarm, probably.
Although, if you set sharpening setting to high, distant light sources should become slightly more noticeable at night, maybe that's what creates this illusion when you go far enough from Novigrad (where you can only see the shapes of tall structures and those lights).

The following encounter seems to occur only after the events of Now or Never. I'm not sure if it triggers if you don't help Triss because I always help her.

In the Novigrad Docks area, in an alleyway near the ship you take to Skellige during Final Preparations in Act 3, you can encounter three Witch Hunters interrogating two of the King of Beggar's (KoB) henchmen. Interestingly, the hunters know Triss works for the KoB, and order the henchmen to tell them where she stays. When it becomes clear the henchmen do not know her location, the hunters demand the name of someone -- anyone -- who could be associated with mages. One of the henchmen gives up the name of a man who supplies ingredients to mages/herbalists. The other henchman seems appalled at this, and whispers to his comrade that the man has children.

Anytime during the exchange, Geralt can initiate a fight with the Witch Hunters by performing an aggressive action. This is the only way to start the fight because interacting with the group does not trigger a cut scene where you can carry on a dialogue. The KoB's henchmen will run away during the commotion. Be aware that the witch hunters are marked with a red skull, and are therefore at the same high level as the random guards/hunters standing about the city. However, they do drop loot (swords, bolts).

Despite its brevity, I found this encounter quite interesting because it gave a glimpse into the background "politics" that are seldom shown in the game. One, Triss was literally surviving on luck and borrowed time, and was much closer to being caught than she or Geralt thought, even during Now or Never. Two, ironically her downfall, as well as the deaths of her fellow mages, would probably come from information extracted from the lackeys of the man they were paying more than 80% of their profits to for protection. Three, the KoB's confidence (arrogance) in believing that his grand plan with the mages would ultimately grant him control of the city was naive and foolish. He did not consider that the Redanians/Witch Hunters could easily turn or intimidate his people with money, personal harm and/or harm against loved ones.

Guest 4243332

ooodrin;n10145392 said:
False alarm, probably.
Although, if you set sharpening setting to high, distant light sources should become slightly more noticeable at night, maybe that's what creates this illusion when you go far enough from Novigrad (where you can only see the shapes of tall structures and those lights).

The skyscrapers were much higher than the buildings in Novigrad. So we can exclude your statement. Unfortunately I have no screens from this event, just witnessed by my wife...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found a rare cut scene in my seventh playthrough that I havent seen in my previous playthroughs. In novigrad a group of witch hunters tried to stop me and arrest me and when I refused they attacked me (I remember I had to choose between 2 answers) . I am NOT talking about the cut scene of The flame of hatred where some witch hunters try to arrest Geralt beacuse he ridiculed the priest.. The thing is that now in my new playthrough I cannot trigger this cut scene again. At first I suspected that this cut scene was triggered becaused I attacked the witch hunters three times in the Now or Never mission: I attacked the witch hunters at the market square at gildorf, the witch hunters outside of Triss house and the witch hunters when we go with Triss to the Kingfisher to find the other mages. But now that I did all these things again the cut scene is not triggered. I don't remember where exactly I met them in novigrad the first time but I was doing the Cabaret mission and I have the impression that maybe I met them somewhere near the house of Rautlec, the artist who made the placards for Dandelion. Has anyone else found this cut scene? I cant find any info about how to trigger it again nowhere on the net.

I just found it too(this sunday), on my 3 playthrough, it was between cabaret and port, any new thing I did on this playthrough, was to fight with them near that square, where they tried to intimidate some people...

Do you mean between the port and Rosemary & Thyme? I fought them too near the square and stil I cant find it.....

Thanks for the info! One last question, do yo remember at about which point were you in the main game when you found it? I am trying to figure if it is triggered by more factors like the main quests.....

After I finished secondary(main) quest in Skellige(the one where I helped to choose the new king there), I come back to finish some quest in Novigrad(the one with black pearl, the one with those tools for velen blacksmith), after I finished the tournament of Gwent from Passiflora, the quest send me to port(to find about the money stolen), but I was at Rosemary & Thyme first, before port, so my wonder when those witch hunters got me, any dialogues will end with a fight, I had Axii 5, but to no end...also as main quest I was at the point to start 'Missing Person'. I can give you my save files from that day, usually I save at 4-5 minutes(I play on DM).

ooodrin;n10922534 said:
Ciri can be found practicing and preparing in the hills above Nilfgaardian camp on Undvik during "On Thin Ice".
There's a short exchange between her and Geralt when you get close enough to her. :)

I remmeber when I first saw her doing this and my first thought was... why is she able to do this XD

If this is allready posted: sorry, but if not:
In the middle of the lake near Brunwich you can find a "Army of Darkness" reference.
The stone altar with the two books on it :)

Hi everyone! I was planing to do another playtrough (my sixth?) and did a bit more research on "well hidden details". I normally want to discover those things on my own, but I guess what I have not found this far I'll never find by myself.

Anyway, I found some interesting things on reddit.

A user named hujuuu (scroll a bit) has a lot of things that are not even in Schmiedhofers guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/7c8nb9 Of his list, I did not know that you can ask Triss to do necromany if you did Freyas Garden first.

Another reddit user found out, that you can ask the doppler thief to impersonate Menge if you do the quest while searching for Dudu.
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/89goq4
Both are just little dialog choices, they refuse to do it. But interesting nontheless.

I also found mention of a few other things that I have not yet seen proof of, and that I want to test myself. For example, supposedly Keira also ends up impaled if you do none of her sidequests.

Those piles of bodies that dot the Velen landscape? Just discovered you can cremate them with Igni. :p

That's actually part of a side-quest. Follow the roads from Hangman's Tree toward Crow's Perch, and you should encounter it. Nothing big, but if you play it right, your purse gets noticeably heavier.

Top Bottom