GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last question from me, You must have heard about the complaints about irregular distributions of rarity. For example the number of rares being more than the number of commons. Since Gwent follows common,rare,epic,legendary system like some other games having more rares than common feels really awkward. So are you guys planning to redistribute cards among rarities in a better way?

Thank you for all your answers, really looking forward to Homecoming.

We might tweak the distribution, but not by a lot.

Dear Mr. Burza,
I would like to ask if there will be another way to unlock borders and titles when Homecoming will be released. For example buying them with in-game currency or with real money or by milling borders and titles and crafting new ones.

I'm aware that this option wouldn't be fair because players was grinding ladder for those rewards but at the same time we can have only one active border and title which makes rest of them just a trophies in our collection.

Thank you for reply.

Have a nice day :)

We were thinking about this, but we'll have to wait and see :)

Dear Burza,
Is it possible to change the image and/or description of the cards for Homecoming? If so, can you guys please make Gwent spoiler free (at least unnecessary ones) for the books? I have Milva and Villenthrethenmeth in my mind. I am reading books and just encountered Milva, but I already know she is going to die sooner or later. Villenthrethenmeth description would spoil one of the best short stories. These are unnecessary spoilers. Definitely there should be other cool image or description for the cards without giving a lot of details about the books.
Thanks,
RRC.

This is not planned I'm afraid :)

2. The way it was programmed in the previous core of the game made it very tricky and problematic for us, that's why we decided to cut it

So does it mean, that right now the core is different and it's possible for quen to be back? Or are there any other reasons not to bring it back? I mean, it was a very interesting card with its use-cases, and there are no analogues in Gwent right now.

Hey Burza,
Are you guys planning to release physical copies of Thronebreaker or will it only be available digitally?

Also, is there any chance of a cooperation between COG and Xbox Live/PSN? For exaple, maybe we can connect with our Xbox/PSN GWENT accounts on the site?

Last edited:
Greetings Burza,

can you tell how many pictures from the last awesome artcontest are being used for new cards (few; medium amount; a lot)?

Morning Burza!
Eist Tuirseach is a wonderful card,but I wonder how does Eist Tuirseach look like from front,can you show us a concept art of him?
And I‘m curious about will anybody play into him during the Challenge?

Last edited:
Hey Pavel,

I have 2 questions:
1. Will HC release at the same time on both PC and consoles or will there be a delay between the two?
2. Will we get into Thronebreaker from the Gwent client or will it be separate client (ex. if I open GOG will I see Gwent and HC as separate games)?
Thanks for the responses,
Regards to you and the whole team! :)

Hi Burza :)

Will some Neutral Cards becoming an faction Card or transferring cards to another faction? Or something like that?( Sorry about my english).

So does it mean, that right now the core is different and it's possible for quen to be back? Or are there any other reasons not to bring it back? I mean, it was a very interesting card with its use-cases, and there are no analogues in Gwent right now.

Quen won't make a comeback at least for now.

Hey Burza,
Are you guys planning to release physical copies of Thronebreaker or will it only be available digitally?

Also, is there any chance of a cooperation between COG and Xbox Live/PSN? For exaple, maybe we can connect with our Xbox/PSN GWENT accounts on the site?

Digital.
Interesting idea :)

Morning Burza!
Eist Tuirseach is a wonderful card,but I wonder how does Eist Tuirseach look like from front,can you show us a concept art of him?
And I‘m curious about will anybody play into him during the Challenge?

I'll dig for his concept art and see what can be found :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom