GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Mr Burza

1. Are any other factions leaders being replaced/swapped/demoted? Or is it just Radovid and Dagon?

2. Is Adda still going to be a NR leader? If yes, why? Wouldn't Vandergrift or Draug be a better for Curse archetype leader since it fits the battlefield/army theme that you guys are going for. I'm not a fan of Adda as a leader better fit for a gold IMO.

3. Will Wildhunt be an archetype or will it be a sub category like Necrophages or Temerians for example?

4. Are leaders going to have multiple/different arts? Would be nice since there will always be less leaders than gold and silver cards. Good for variety and different lore scenes.

5. You said that CDPR was never happy with Triple Art cards but PFI is a good example of an awesome 3 piece art. why not make cards that had Triple art be like PFI?

6. With Homecoming and Thronebreaker apparently releasing in October shouldn't you guys be showing stuff and promoting it? Busy time for Games in Oct-Nov.

1. We're cutting Whispering Hillock, because Monsters have 5 leaders in total
2. Adda is here to stay
3. Won't be an archetype just yet
4. The art won't change, but the leaders will
5. Our art team is not a fan of it ;)
6. We will once we're ready

Greeting Burza~
You have said many times the cardboard will become more battlefield like ,but I'm worried about the limit of 2 bronze can't
show big war scenes,what's your opinion?Will more card spawn a copy of itself like Half-Elf Hunter to make a larger scenes?
Here is what I expect what a real battlefield is,I’m hoping the limit of 2 bronze won't let it disappear.
fb0b6aa2-9119-4885-a0d8-d1aac3e77c86.jpg

Last edited:
1. Don't know yet
2. Which type of event? :)
3. Deatwish specific leader? Yes, with Homecoming
Sorry for the rushed questions, the premium keg weekend, I read that there will be a different keg related weekend?

Also in case for Radovid and Dagon in our collection, will we get scrap and mp when they are taken out or will we just automatically own there replacements?

Thanks for a quick reply Burza.

Greeting Burza~
You have said many times the cardboard will become more battlefield like ,but I'm worried about the limit of 2 bronze can't
show big war scenes,what's your opinion?Will more card spawn a copy of itself like Half-Elf Hunter to make a larger scenes?
Here is what I expect what a real battlefield is,I’m hoping the limit of 2 bronze won't let it disappear.
View attachment 10974812

You are still limited to 9 card per row, so there will be a bit less going on, but the battlefield feel is there :)

1 will there be keg gift packages for new players in HC?
2 Will there be some cards like Geralt: Professional, that we can used to deal with a certain faction?
3 Will the feeling of hitting become better in HC?
4 will the gold weather have the same cool effects as the previous version?
5 Is the effect of Usurper the same as it is now?

sorry for my English, Im not a English native speaker. i hope you can understand my questions!
best wishes to gwent team!

Last edited:
I love the card artwork in currently in Gwent. I was wondering if we would see much new artwork with Homecoming or with Thronebreaker. For example are you planning to release many of the card artwork leeks from the unreleased content on the gwent wikia.

Also since its been a while since a big card release have the art team had time to produce a lot of art for the next releases after homecoming as well? :)

I'm just really looking forward to seeing more of your artwork!

Will cosmetics (borders, avatars, titles) still be present when playing versus other players?

Good luck with Homecoming :)

Greetings Burza
1. Will Blueboy Lugos/Spectral Whale keep his ability, or at least be modified as a limited activatable ability?
It would be sad to see such a fun ability be removed.
2. Since the row limit will stay at 9 units, are there going to be changes to bronze Nilfgaard spies? For instance making them stackable?
3. Will queensguard ability be completely removed or adapted to the 2 card system? Keeping the ability as it is and simply adding a skellige version of nekker warrior or turning them into spawnable cards from a Leader or other gold card.

1 will there be keg gift packages for new players in HC?
2 Will there be some cards like Geralt: Professional, that we can used to deal with a certain faction?
3 Will the feeling of hitting become better in HC?
4 will the gold weather have the same cool effects as the previous version?
5 Is the effect of Usurper the same as it is now?

sorry for my English, Im not a English native speaker. i hope you can understand my questions!
best wishes to gwent team!

1. Not that I know of
2. Nope
3. Looks better
4. It will change a bit :)
5. No

I love the card artwork in currently in Gwent. I was wondering if we would see much new artwork with Homecoming or with Thronebreaker. For example are you planning to release many of the card artwork leeks from the unreleased content on the gwent wikia.

Also since its been a while since a big card release have the art team had time to produce a lot of art for the next releases after homecoming as well? :)

I'm just really looking forward to seeing more of your artwork!

There will be more new artwork coming in with Thronebreaker plus some art will transition into the multiplayer version of the game. As for future artwork, we have a lot, but first Homecoming :)

Greetings Burza
1. Will Blueboy Lugos/Spectral Whale keep his ability, or at least be modified as a limited activatable ability?
It would be sad to see such a fun ability be removed.
2. Since the row limit will stay at 9 units, are there going to be changes to bronze Nilfgaard spies? For instance making them stackable?
3. Will queensguard ability be completely removed or adapted to the 2 card system? Keeping the ability as it is and simply adding a skellige version of nekker warrior or turning them into spawnable cards from a Leader or other gold card.

1. It will change
2. We'll see
3. They have a different ability

Hi Burza, thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions!

You mentioned that avatars would only be visible in the profile and versus screens - does this mean that in-game emotes are going away with HC?

Hey. Question regarding existing and future art. Since game will be PEGI 16+ can we expect more bloody, brutal, lewd, violent; in one word, even more mature artwork in the game? Are you gonna adjust some artworks from "basic" set? Since you have a lot of unused artworks, art team must be bored so why dont spice up older arts.

1 Will the prices of buying kegs with cash be changed?
2 Will the numerical model be reduced? Now the copper card model is so bloated.

Last edited:
1. You said Woodland Spirit is a Deathwish leader; so are leaders going to be archetype specific or more broad and universal?

2. Are there going to be any new archetypes? or will they be the current archetypes but revamped/redesigned?

3. With bronze cap at 2. Will current card abilities like Nekker warrior and Operator exist in HC?

4. With 9 card row limit. Will swarm exist?

5. Can you say how many gold cards will be in the base card set for HC. Currently NG and MO have 14-15 golds while other factions only have 13.

6. Since Thronebreaker is NR story. Will the new cards you get just be NR?

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom