GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza!
I would like to clarify something about activatable abilities.If you activate a card's ability does it end your turn or is it something similiar to MTG where during your action phase you can play a card AND activate an ability?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Burza, thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions!

You mentioned that avatars would only be visible in the profile and versus screens - does this mean that in-game emotes are going away with HC?

They will work in a different way.

Hey. Question regarding existing and future art. Since game will be PEGI 16+ can we expect more bloody, brutal, lewd, violent; in one word, even more mature artwork in the game? Are you gonna adjust some artworks from "basic" set? Since you have a lot of unused artworks, art team must be bored so why dont spice up older arts.

They art team is far from bored. We won't be updating existing art to make it more "bloody".

1. You said Woodland Spirit is a Deathwish leader; so are leaders going to be archetype specific or more broad and universal?

2. Are there going to be any new archetypes? or will they be the current archetypes but revamped/redesigned?

3. With bronze cap at 2. Will current card abilities like Nekker warrior and Operator exist in HC?

4. With 9 card row limit. Will swarm exist?

5. Can you say how many gold cards will be in the base card set for HC. Currently NG and MO have 14-15 golds while other factions only have 13.

6. Since Thronebreaker is NR story. Will the new cards you get just be NR?

Thank you for your time.

1. A bit of both
2. New one will emerge
3. No
4. We'll see ;)
5. Sorry, not yet
6. Mixed for all factions

:)

Hello Burza!
I would like to clarify something about activatable abilities.If you activate a card's ability does it end your turn or is it something similiar to MTG where during your action phase you can play a card AND activate an ability?

Thank you in advance!

You decide when to pass the turn to your opponent :) think of it like an end step before you pass the turn in MTG.

Dear Bruza,

1) Will there be a White Frost equivalent for Impregnable Fog and the Rain (two rows, max unit gets damaged by 2/two random units damaged by 1? Extending that, will there be a Gold weather equivalent of Rain?

2) Please help me understand the provision system. In the new provision based system, can we give up (lets say 2 silver slots) to have +1 Gold card? Or should we have fixed number of Golds and Silvers? Would every rarity type will have a value (say common = 1, rare = 2, epic =4, legendary = 8) and we have to construct using a given total value (for example 80)?

3) Will there be a ranked season once this season ends or this is the last season?

4) If (hypothetically) the teams realizes that HC can't be delivered as promised (in October?), will we be notified immediately? Or will we be informed at the last minute? BTW, I wish your team all the very best to nail the release on time without any jittery.

Greeting Burza~
In early videos there is a story mode about Falibor ,is this singleplayer mode still there?
If it's still exists,will it be released with the Thronebreaker?Do we need to pay for it or can get it for free?

Dear Bruza,

1) Will there be a White Frost equivalent for Impregnable Fog and the Rain (two rows, max unit gets damaged by 2/two random units damaged by 1? Extending that, will there be a Gold weather equivalent of Rain?

2) Please help me understand the provision system. In the new provision based system, can we give up (lets say 2 silver slots) to have +1 Gold card? Or should we have fixed number of Golds and Silvers? Would every rarity type will have a value (say common = 1, rare = 2, epic =4, legendary = 8) and we have to construct using a given total value (for example 80)?

3) Will there be a ranked season once this season ends or this is the last season?

4) If (hypothetically) the teams realizes that HC can't be delivered as promised (in October?), will we be notified immediately? Or will we be informed at the last minute? BTW, I wish your team all the very best to nail the release on time without any jittery.

1) Double no no
2) You don't have a fixed number for cards aside from having 30 cards in your deck
3) Sooner than later

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
2) You don't have a fixed number for cards aside from having 30 cards in your deck
Thanks for the response Bruza! So, a deck should have a minimum of 30 cards and how those 30 cards come depends on the provision system. If I am crazy, I can even have all 30 as bronze cards. But due to provision, if we include more Golds then the provision system will not allow us to have 30 cards in the deck and making the deck invalid. Is my understanding correct?

Also, we should strictly have 30 cards in the deck or we can have more cards?

Oh Great Master!
Master-BURZAAAAA!
Tiberium in the masses!

At now few question:

1. What's the point of spraying all the cards of the players, if the cost remains the same?
2. If abilities change, but the cards (their art) will remain, then why should they be sprayed?
3. What is the idea, the very idea of this fact?

If possible, O Grand Master, in detail!
We love you!

P.S. I still do not understand why is need to spray cards. Pavel, please explain!

Hey Pawel,

1. Can you say at the moment who is going to replace Radovid as leader for NR?
2. If no, could you maybe confirm if it is any of the rulers that I will name: Demavend III (Aedirn), Calanthe (Cintra), Ethain (Cidaris), Esterad or Tankred Thyssen (Kovir & Povis)? (As I understand it has been confirmed that It will not be Meve)
3. Can you confirm that The Wild Hunt will not be an full archetype in Monsters and instead be provide support cards for other archetypes, and does that mean that Eredin will not be a leader?
4. It is interesting that there haven't been any Scoia'tael leeks so far, so is there any info that you can provide (even just hints) for some changes that we can expect (something similar to what we have learned about the other factions so far)?

Regards! :)

Hello I saw there’s an epic card week event going on, I already have most of the silvers so I’m thinking about waiting for premium weekend with my 60 kegs, my question is if there’s going to be a premium weekend before homecoming releases or should I just open my kegs now?

Thanks for answering questions and caring about your community :) I have already bought 120 kegs in the last premium weekend event and if there’s another one I’ll buy more because I love Gwent and CDPR, I really hope homecoming will be a great success for the company and the Gwent franchise, good luck (y)

1. In HC, will the new board have more interaction with the players, just like the Hearthstone?
2. Will the UI of the interface menu be re-adjusted? Now it is too long, will it be a highly concentrated menu?
3. Does the premiums have exclusive BGM ( like Crones)?
4. Are there more unique, special keywords/systems?
5. Is there still an archetype that can play all the cards from deck ?

Last edited:
Hi! In Polish forum you said that Woodland Spirit will be the Deathwish archetype leader. I'm very confused about that.
If you do so, what are you going to do with Arachas Queen? And as Dagon gone, there'll be no leader for weather archetype. Will you change some other leader to support Weather archetype?

Hi Burza,

Will you add avatars, walpapers, etc. into the Goodies section of GOG for Gwent, same as there is a bunch of cool goodies for the Witcher games?
Is anything like this planed with Homecoming or sometime in the furure?

Thanks

When it comes to deck building, is the decklist UI going to be like now (a list) or more like pre-Midwinter where you could visibly see each card in your deck? In my opinion, the pre-Midwinter UI felt way more pleasing as you were actually moving cards rather than filling a list.

Thanks for the response Bruza! So, a deck should have a minimum of 30 cards and how those 30 cards come depends on the provision system. If I am crazy, I can even have all 30 as bronze cards. But due to provision, if we include more Golds then the provision system will not allow us to have 30 cards in the deck and making the deck invalid. Is my understanding correct?

Also, we should strictly have 30 cards in the deck or we can have more cards?

As long as you hit 30 you're good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom