GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza,

As always thanks for your devotion to this thread and the community.

I'd like to know whether or not there will be a reset of our current game stats. For example the stats regarding our total number of victories and victories per faction as can be viewed on the profile page.

1. Will we keep these stats after homecoming or will we have to start over?

2. Also will the profile page remain generally the same as it is now or can we expect a entire overhaul of it?

Thanks in advance!

Don't know yet, but I would like to keep those stats, but the profile page will change.

Hi Burza! When you read this, most likely it's already Friday, the end of the week.
Therefore, a couple of questions:

1) Will there be a closed PTR next week?
2) Have you already recorded a video about HC?
3) When should we expect something cool, on the 1st or 2th of September?

Best of luck!

1) Maybe
2) Yes
3) Hopefully before Challenger

1. You mentioned selecting when to pass the turn on your own, does that mean there will be seperate keys/commands to pass turn and pass round?
2. Will activateable abilities have limits/uses? How will they work if one player has passed? Since there is potential for infinite turns there
3. Did Cory Barlog play Gwent while at CDPR offices and did you give him all the leeks?

1. Yes
2. Yes, they will work if your opponents passes, but you can't really go infinite
3. We didn't have time to sit down and play GWENT, but he got to see and meet the teams responsible for both GWENT and Cyberpunk 2077

Hi Pawel,

after Homecoming will be released, would I need PS Plus subscription to continue playing "normally" or not? Sony policies are sometimes hard to understand for mere mortals.. Are cross-platform accounts planned for future, or not at all?

Thanks!

We want the game to be playable without PS Plus. More info coming soon.

Last edited:
hi Burza, I have a few questions having watched you on the mana burn podcast - it was really interesting.

- when it was decided to remove gold immunity from cards why was it all or nothing? would it not be possible for some cards to be balanced to have timed immunity.

- was the board in a grid format ever considered for testing (when you tested cards having attack and health)?
i feel it could open a lot of potential for design space

- will we see changes to arena for Homecoming like showing faction card backs of opponents hand, so arena isn't so unpredictable?

- what is the design teams philosophy on factions and creating new ones - is it to separate mechanics that would be broken if in the same card pool or simply to group archetypes that have synergy together? and what will the purpose of neutral cards be, after Homecoming?

- We tried timed immunity and sometimes it worked, but we weren't too happy with it, we're still playing around with the idea.
- No, we made two rows that would buff power or toughness with a limit of 9 cards on a row
- Not planned
- A bit of both actually, because you want to bring in new archetypes and also cards supporting existing archetypes. Neutral card will be more versatile after Homecoming for sure :)

1. You said the art team don't like the triptychs art. So are cards like Reaver hunters, Blue stipes commandos etc... getting new art?

2. Regarding Wildhunt as a archetype you said not enough Wildhunt cards, In future will there be more WIldhunt cards to make it more of an archetype?

3. Is frost/white frost going to have more synergy/exclusivity with Monsters faction and Wildhunt?

4. Has Francesca Findabair taken over Specials/Spells archetype in Scoia'tael over Eithne? makes sense lore wise

5. During Mana podcast you said Pavko was OP but they changed him, could you give us a little tease what his ability was?

6. After HC, what's more likely the new faction that's been mentioned or something smaller like Vampire expansion or new leaders for factions?

1. Not for Homecoming
2. Maybe, too soon to say
3. No
4. Both changed
5. He would boost a random Dwarf, Elf and Dryad by 2 on deploy
6. We'll see ;)

Hello Burza! Appreciate you guys' hardworking on the Homecoming Project!

Simple question here! We are so thrilled to see your reveal of the matching interface on your twitter and...
Is there any surprise we can get for today? Since it's really close to the end of August now. Pleasssssse.

Wish you guy good luck at work! Many thanks.

You just might get one really soon :)

Hi Burza,

so i was thinking, since there is less space for cards (from 27 to 18), will there be some kind of "tribute-mechanic". Something like "this card can only be played if you sacrifice a card with 10 power or more"?

Hi Burza. I want ask you one question about cards that draw cards for you and your opponent ( Avallac'h, Shilard, Albrich for example).
In gwent after homecoming each players will have only 10 cards in hand. If one players have more than 10 cards they will be discard. If one will play for Nilfgaard faction for example and will be have first turn he play Albrich and draws card himself and opponent. It turns out he will keep the card in his hand since he had only nine of them but the opponent will discard the card he has received. We get a legal spy with 10 points. Will it work that way or will the mechanics of receiving cards by both players be changed?

So, bit of a personal question for a gwent dev here related to Gwent.

Two friends of mine, both relatively knowledge about card games, either have factors that they don't like about Gwent that possibly won't change due to how gwent works, or think Gwent is pretty much going to die off respectively. I also note myself that with big, transformative works like the Homecoming update, sometimes it works out, like FF14 for example, and sometimes not so much.

I guess what I am asking is: What would you say to those who either think that the issues they have with gwent can't change or think it will die to convince them to give it another chance? And how confident do you and the team feel that Homecoming will bring gwent to be a heavy hitter in the card game industry?

Guest 4322057

Hey Burza, what was the addition of the forced discard mechanic I’d you have more than 10 cards for? Was it to counter card advantage strategies, or because you didn’t like passing in the first round?

Hi Burza, want to ask some question if possible:

Do we see some new effect/tipology of cards?

I liked to play old discard deck, can you bring some love/improvement?

1. Will Clan Brokvar and Tordarroch be making a comeback for Skellige after their respective cards deserted for Clans Tuirseach and An Craite?
5. He would boost a random Dwarf, Elf and Dryad by 2 on deploy
2. That doesn't seem like a super OP ability like you said it is, unless you REALLY brought down the power level in cards or there's a catch

Thank you for answering to so many questions every day on these forums and the polish ones, I'm sure the community appreciates all your answers :)
I hope the spirits in the team are still high and I'm sure all of us are really excited to see how Homecoming looks, especially after your game search leek :D
Good luck to you and the team in the final stretch!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom