Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Speaking of which ( I have a lot, but just gonna do three) :

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

Edit: IT'S IN!
Will the HUD and Damage Numbers above the heads be adjustable?

Aug 28/18 Marcin Momot: "That is exactly our plan. A lot of HUD elements (including damage numbers) will be optional. "

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

Last edited:
I've pointed it out in the gameplay reveal thread but will write in short again despite I doubt it is gonna change.

Hacking/engineering autoresolve - I would rather see it as some case to solve where your skill level affects the number of tips you get to solve it.

Looks pretty great so focusing on some minor technical nitpicks here.

1. The head bobbing is on an acceptable level. Should they choose to increase it, I hope there will be an option to disable it completely.

2. FOV seems a bit on the narrow side. Hopefully there will be an option to adjust it.

3. The scene where a gang member makes a complaint about his legs being blown off. The head is next but the voice line keeps playing still.

4. You forgot to add the release date and the date for preorders in the video ;)

I really don't like interface. Why it so lame? You can see interface like that in many games: Division, A Creeds, Vampyr and many many others. That simple hp bars, menus and floating numbers for damage. You can play game: guess a game by element of interface and not see any difference. I seggest it must be somehow different from this. Not like in all nowadays games. Something that from first glance you can say "this is Cyberpunk".

Imho :

First a few gripes:

-As most have already said, I thought the character creator looked a bit ugly and the driving felt a bit(just a bit though and in some places) clunky and without a "punch" for lack of a better word.
- Also, enemy AI seemed really weak to me without coordination, posing no threat(that might be the difficulty).

What I LOVED :
- First of all, and the absolute highlight for me -> the artstyle and specifically how light sources, colour palettes, neon lights and particles are presented. They're the best I've seen in a game and I hope to see the same thing in the final product. (In some scenes, like the wheelchair guy when V comes out of her appartment and there are 5-6 small coloured light sources on him , it looks straight out of a CG movie!)
- IF that's not a vertical slice and it's representative of the final product, the quest design! I'm happy to see that it's like the W3 quest design and even more complex with more outcomes and possibilities.
-I really liked the different options for combat and as a first for CDPR, stealth!

Everything you said, Sard, and a few others..

1. Non-lethal takedown options are much appreciated, but how will they impact the game? I'd like them to affect the way a gang boss treats you, for example. If you managed to fight your way to him without killing a single gang member, maybe he takes that into account (either because he thinks you're a coward and you instantly get in a fight, or he sees you "aren't such a bad guy after all" and acts more cooperative - either way, REACTIVITY! :) )

2. Weapon skills should impact gunplay in a real way. Bullet spread, recoil, reload speed based on character skill would be nice, if it isn't already. Oh, and give guns a bit more "kick." They feel flat as it is.

3. Make stealth a real, viable option in many situations, and have the game react to that decision. For example, if I were to sneak my way into a gang base, they shouldn't act like I shot my way through it when I get to the "final confrontation."
Wouldn't make sense. This ties into point 1, but is not strictly related to non-lethal gameplay.

4. Cloth physics - it seems hair physics are making a return, at least, but this would be a nice addition.

5. More visible interactivity with the environment. Hitting buttons and picking up objects, specifically - I'd read in demo previews that V placed her hand on an advertisement to make it show up nearby, but in the gameplay we saw, she just "pressed X to interact" and magically did it.

6. Don't like how the dialogue system is laid out. If it's hotkey based it could be fine, but since its also contextual, I'm sure there's room for a few accidental button presses.

7. Customizable interface colors would be good.

8. It seemed like some NPCs were looking past V instead of at V. Example:

That's about it for now. Great work.

Last edited:
I know this is going to be horribly unpopular, but please be kind in your thrashing!

I'd like to have (or at least know if it has/is being considered) an option to set "parental" controls. The two most important to me are language and nudity. I understand, that's the world people want, and I'm not suggesting turning it off for everyone. All I'm asking is for a couple of settings to allow me to turn it off for myself. It's such a beautiful game and it looks like so much fun to play, but I just don't think I can subject my brain to that constant bombardment of f-bombs. And I've seen enough nudity for multiple lifetimes, I'd just like to have the choice. Thanks!

Here's some.

1. Refurbished combat: Slower and more tactical pace; more about accuracy (through characters ability) than HP grind.
2. Better smart guns. More mechanical intrigue to them than simply auto-hitting bullets.
3. Skill checks in dialog.
4. RNG based skill checks over hard thresholds that appear with hacking and engineering in the demo.
5. Lose the color coded dialog options.
6. Find ways to make away with the on-screen questmarkers.
7. Adjustment for more head bobbing. The character sliding around as if on rails looks iffy and mechanical.
8. Some interaction with those random NPCs.
9. Less scripted sequences.
10. Less forced companions (that apparently don't do shit and tag along purely for narrative reasons)... and definitely don't make them immortal, hard to kill perhaps, but not immortal.
11. I didn't see looting corpses apart from that scripted spiderbot chip... so that too (and not just ammo and money... they are people they may carry all kinds of shit).
12. Less bossfights. There's already two in the demo... less of those please.
13. Also, less feeling like being on a guided tour when on a quest. The missions in the demo felt very "controlled" and scripted (this is besides the point that there are multiple solutions, that's a different thing).
14. V already feels a bit too defined. If there's a way to mitigate that...

Here's some.
Well said overall, +1 from me. With a few additions that I just thought of.

Here's some.
7. Adjustment for more head bobbing. The character sliding around as if on rails looks iffy and mechanical.

Preferably make this an option for those with motion sickness.

13. Also, less feeling like being on a guided tour when on a quest. The missions in the demo felt very "controlled" and scripted (this is besides the point that there are multiple solutions, that's a different thing).

Absolutely agree. The impressions I read made me think this would lean closer to "immersive sim" territory, but it does indeed feel more on-rails than I'd like - as you said, this doesn't relate to multiple solutions, it's more the "nitty gritty" gameplay stuff (in my view).

cyberpunk1.png

A "minor" thing that caught my attention during the demo because it was really distracting, during this scene where we seem to have a little freedom to move our head around, the mission pointers and the other things marked in the image could be removed until we regain full control of our character.

Responses:

3. The scene where a gang member makes a complaint about his legs being blown off. The head is next but the voice line keeps playing still.

I noticed this as well. Dialogue should cut out when head is blown off. Not only realistic... but hilarious. "OH GEEZ MY LE..."

Imho :

First a few gripes:

-As most have already said, I thought the character creator looked a bit ugly and the driving felt a bit(just a bit though and in some places) clunky and without a "punch" for lack of a better word.
- Also, enemy AI seemed really weak to me without coordination, posing no threat(that might be the difficulty).

- I thought the character creator was a bit basic looking. IMO this doesn't "need" to be fancy, but it did stand out.
- I have a lot to say on the driving, but I agree. Will detail more down below.
- IMO the big problem with the AI was they didn't rush you or flush you from cover. This makes things feel like target practice. For example, those gang member dudes, some are probably on drugs. IRL people on drugs often have no regard for their personal safety and act quite erratically in combat.

I know this is going to be horribly unpopular, but please be kind in your thrashing!

I'd like to have (or at least know if it has/is being considered) an option to set "parental" controls.

I don't think that's unreasonable at all TBH. That being said, I could see it being hard to implement.

Here's some.

2. Better smart guns. More mechanical intrigue to them than simply auto-hitting bullets.
9. Less scripted sequences.
10. Less forced companions (that apparently don't do shit and tag along purely for narrative reasons)... and definitely don't make them immortal, hard to kill perhaps, but not immortal.
11. I didn't see looting corpses apart from that scripted spiderbot chip... so that too (and not just ammo and money... they are people they may carry all kinds of shit).

2, I agree. IMO the seeking gun should have a normal fire mode and the secondary seeking mod... but with a cool down/battery.
9. I think the nature of a demo is scripted. But to that point, I do get a sense of rigidity from the dialogue and game world.
10. I felt like the companion dude was a narrative tag along as well. IMO, this stems mostly from the fact that the "charisma" between the two felt very "forced". Geralt/Ciri/Yen/Triss all felt like they had their own approach to Geralt (because they did indeed have a backstory). This felt like somebody you interact with at work... not somebody you have known a long time. Not exactly an easy thing to convey, but TW3 is a good reference.
11. RNG loot on bodies would be nice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

New feedback:

1. This may seems small, but it really stood out to me. In V's housing complex... the floors were too clean. 1000s of people and the floors are pristine? High traffic areas always have dirt/grime/debris. IMO, dirt/grime/debris on ground level should correspond to the socioeconomic status of the area. Wealthy areas are cleaner, more sterile. Poorer areas are dirtier, but more vivid. If you look at movies like Blade Runner, the future isn't "clean". Mud tracks from shoes, dust, garbage (especially near food/drink areas), scrap robot parts, etc.

2. In regards to driving. It felt very disconnected and sterile. Driving in an open world game isn't easy. How do you make it engaging/realistic without making it a PIA to navigate a bustling city? Thank God I'm not a game dev. Anyways, I found the in car camera to be a little too steady. Things like camera shake and motion blur (if not overdone) can add a lot to the experience. Camera shake at high speed or high engine RPM is a good way to express that you are in a vehicle with moving parts. Rev any fast car and you can feel the engine through your seat. Go 150mph and you notice the wind noise and micro rattling of the car. Racing sims like GTR3, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, DiRT Rally, iRacing, etc do a great job with car sounds/sensations. Things like turbo waste gate, overrun, brake whine, engine/brake creaking when cooling down, bottoming out, dirt hitting the wheel well, etc. On the visual front, heat distortion emanating from the engine/exhaust, brake glow, turbo/exhaust glow, backfire, Obviously, this is a lot of stuff for a game where driving doesn't look like a central gameplay component. With that said, I think a little bit of this stuff goes a long way to enhancing the player's experience in a vehicle.

What I loved.
- Night City is amazing and I love the aesthetic, can't wait to explore all of it.
- Really appreciate the mature theme of the game.
- Characters look amazing.

A few concerns.
- Combat is underwhelming, seems like a cyberpunk COD.
- Weapon design (aesthetic) is impressive, functionality (curving bullets) however is kind of meh.
- Gameplay looks like a Deus Ex game done much better, was hoping for something different...FPP hurts here in my opinion.

Over all opinion so far is that the game world looks like something I'll be having a blast exploring and I can't wait to play through the story and quests but I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy the non story related content as at this point the combat for me seems like a way to get to the next story development as I'm not really in to first person shooters.

I have accepted the fact that the game is a first person, I think I can live with that, but now after seeing the demo i almost lost hope, You can't see your character during dialogues/conversations at all. There is no real cutscenes like the witcher 3 or other decent RPG games. this's so disappointing for me. IDK what the point of the character customization?, like why i can't see my character when he/she speaks? I thought only the gameplay in FPP, but it seems that even cutscenes, If you can call what we saw "cutscenes" and dialogues, and dialogues options also in FPP. It's disappointing enough for now. maybe they will make some changes, which something i don't think will happen in this regard. There are other great games coming anyway. it's time to let go and move on. I'm tired of being disappointed!

First things first: Holy shit! This is a feat. I am astounded at the work CDPR have pulled off. It's looking insane! So yeah, very appreciative of CDPR's team.

Ok so I'm still digesting a lot of this gameplay reveal, so I'll return to add later I suppose and add any UI, gameplay mechanics that I felt might be critiqued upon.

But there is 1 thing that really made me want to register and post a comment critique:

I know this is subjective as hell, so maybe I'm relatively alone here. But here me out! The music used felt wrong. It felt like sort of corny hard rock/grunge/metal? It almost had some "country goes metal" sort of vibe to it. I think that Cyberpunk universe has a place for whatever genre-bending music caucophony or whatever. I just expected something more explosive, driving, something with punch (but not like death metal or something ultra-edgey or something) with innovation... And something less... Car commercial? Is that fair? I don't want to be brutal, because it's not the band used that I don't like. It's that it didn't seem to fit well enough. My suggestion would be something that is more industrial/hardcore/trap/punk crossover if that makes any sense. Just my thoughts on it.

I'm honestly not sure what the deliberation over the score is for CDPR, so I guess the best TL;DR I have is to refine and reconsider how you use music to convey atmosphere and immersion.

I just finished watching the gameplay reveal and all I have to say is WOW. CDPR, you guys are seriously nutty. Take as MUCH time as you need to finish this game. I can't wait to see what comes next. The world, the characters, the neon signs, EVERYTHING seemed so bladerunner-esque, which is exactly how I imagined it from the start. I loved some of the high end abilities you showed off in the video.

Some things I'd love to recommend -
  1. I like the idea of stealth in this game, you guys should have some cool looking hoodies and or abilities that make you more stealthy. Like give you the stealth option the bot had in the video.
  2. More melee weapons (I'm sure there will be plenty you guys will add) to use.
  3. Ability to change the colors of the interface.
  4. A point to socialize and make me want to STAY in the game. It being a huge city, make clubs, bars, whatever - and have players interact with each other. Trading information about quests, etc. Make food and drink something that will improve your stats for a short period of time so that you go get a drink at a bar and socialize with other players/npc's before going to a quest but not mandatory.
Thank you again CDPR, you guys are making the game of my dreams!

So far the world you guys have built looks amazing, just as expected a cyberpunk setting would look like.
Hopefully we'll be able to explore every corner of Nightcity :).
There are few things regarding gameplay that should be looked at either a different angle or more closely.

1. Add 3rd person view. I don't have any problem having a 1st person experience as I do too believe it adds up to the immersion, but there is no harm done adding in a 3rd person view. It's about preference really and having a toggle option
solves the issue others might have.

2. Customizable guns and skins. If we're going to be sticking to the 1st person view it would be a lot more enjoyable to have a great look at your own badass cyberpunk psycho-killing corp-slaying weapon that has been modded by some, definitely not illegal, dude in an alleyway. Add an custom spary job to it and you're good to go. One would be able to paint their own gun by rotating a 3D model, add stickers maybe and painting it themselves to their liking or buy a preset from a vendor. Having presets is a lot simpler and if you put weapon mods into account then not so much, so a DIY paintjob solves the problem. And the players sure would be happy showing off and sharing their own guns to others. Sticking to the same looking gun for the duration of gameplay is also really boring.

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

1. If the damage numbers are a body mod addition, one might choose to not use the mod. Having a interface options window would be handy if you've got loads of vision mod on your person and some start to bug you out. A toggle option is preferable.
3. Very welcome addition. Getting flashbacks from Skyrim.

This. :D
Also the scene where V hacks one of the gang members where she puts him down on the floor was very underwheling.
As if he went unconscious from the shock of getting grabbed from behind. V shocking the guy with a taser like thingy to render him unconscious in a stealthy manner would probably look much better.

2. Weapon skills should impact gunplay in a real way. Bullet spread, recoil, reload speed based on character skill would be nice, if it isn't already. Oh, and give guns a bit more "kick." They feel flat as it is.

3. Make stealth a real, viable option in many situations, and have the game react to that decision. For example, if I were to sneak my way into a gang base, they shouldn't act like I shot my way through it when I get to the "final confrontation."
Wouldn't make sense. This ties into point 1, but is not strictly related to non-lethal gameplay.

7. Customizable interface colors would be good.

2. +1
3. +1
7. +1

4. RNG based skill checks over hard thresholds that appear with hacking and engineering in the demo.
8. Some interaction with those random NPCs.
12. Less bossfights. There's already two in the demo... less of those please.

4. If the task at hand is considered high level difficult then sure, but don't stick RNG into every task as it becomes tiring.
8. Yup
10. Atleast a revive option when the companion gets downed would be welcome.
11. Looting is, I believe, a big part in RPGs so having some good loot on dead bodies would be welcome.
12. y tho. Maybe fighting bosses frequently at the end of most quests is tiresome but those minibosses, as I'd consider,
were fine I think. If we're talking actual fun difficult bosses (Dark Souls comes to mind) which we should see at the end of mostly whole questlines not just quests. Let's hope CDPR comes up with creative designs for those bosses (and boss arenas?) so that we won't get bored :giggle:. (and it's always fun to test your weapons against a good target)

Top Bottom