GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza!

A simple question. We all know that Artifact, a strong rival of Gwent, is going to debut at PAX only several days from now. It's really important for Gwent to show a strong comeback and keep its users. We are very concerned about our beloved game, and since you said the video was already ready last Wednesday, what's your schedule to show it then?

It's really important for we fans, thank you so much for your nice answers and hard work!

Hi Burza!

Will self-wounding make a return in Homecoming?

edit: Also, in terms of Twitch viewer experience, would you be adding more features to the channel? For example, allowing streamers to choose a Faction, letting viewers sort by Faction etc?

Last edited:
Dear Pawel,

Will HC have a gameplay similar to what Artifact has, where units hit each other every turn and repeatedly leave the battlefield?

Greetings Burza,

1、Since we will have only 2 rows to play cards and none interaction with teamates,so is there any possiblity to add ”2 vs 2“(players still use their respective 2 rows or teamates can play togather with 3 rows so that we can see old edtion‘s regression)or “1 vs 1 vs 1” mode on gwent after HC?
2、If the answer is no,can we have it on special day or any other special mode?
3 、These days I replayed The witcher 1 and 2,still infusive games! So any other witchers will come on the stage of Gwent in HC,like Leo or Berengar?
4、Any news from Toussaint?

I konw HC is the most important project at this time,but I still want to konw more long term plan in gwent.
Blessing of the leeks upon you and your team,good luck!

You said Golden cards will have a new visual effect when hitting the board, will they be unique for each card?

Greetings Pawel

1. How long is the video you prepared?

2. Is Weather mechanic in a bit of a limbo? Is there plans to expand it with future content?

3. Will any Silver cards become Gold or vice versa in HC?

4. Will the Golden Child Caranthir have a cool ability?

Thanks

Will Assire's effect finally be on a gold card as it should be after Homecoming? She's waaaay too oppressive as a silver.

Hello,

1. I like the uniqueness of reveal archetype and would be very happy to see it's preserved. Does it fit to HC overall?

2. With the card limit changes and many others don't you think Gwent is kind of approaching Hearthstone and losing some of it's own identity?

3. In-game, does current turn get autopassed when there are no plays remaining?

4. How likely is we will get something before Challenger now?

Thanks for answers and have a great day Burza :)

Hi Burza
Will any other leaders/gold cards be taken out temporarily or shifted?
Since Dagon's being removed and they'll be no weather archetype how big a role will weather play and will it be reworked?

Hello Burza, Thanks for all the hardwork you and the team at CDPR for gwent. There's a few details id like to know.

1. You said that all factions will have a similar set number of cards, can you reveal that number yet?

2. Will the HC video be just a match or will we see everything like the main menu, card collection, and the "shupermarket"?

3. Before you said when we buy Thronebreaker we get all the standard cards, I also heard before that when we finish thronebreaker we will get the premium versions of those cards? Is that still true?

4. The new NR leader will be Vizimir wont he :)?

Thanks again Burza

Hello,The reason why video was delayed is that gwent makes way for cyber punk2077?Or for some other reason?Don't tell us you don't Satisfy with video again:unsure:. Thank you.;)

Hello Burza!

A simple question. We all know that Artifact, a strong rival of Gwent, is going to debut at PAX only several days from now. It's really important for Gwent to show a strong comeback and keep its users. We are very concerned about our beloved game, and since you said the video was already ready last Wednesday, what's your schedule to show it then?

It's really important for we fans, thank you so much for your nice answers and hard work!

The focus is to show it on Challenger, we're still working on that video.

Hi Burza!

Will self-wounding make a return in Homecoming?

edit: Also, in terms of Twitch viewer experience, would you be adding more features to the channel? For example, allowing streamers to choose a Faction, letting viewers sort by Faction etc?

Self-wounding won't make a return. After Homecoming we'll be working on a stream overlay.

Greetings Burza,

1、Since we will have only 2 rows to play cards and none interaction with teamates,so is there any possiblity to add ”2 vs 2“(players still use their respective 2 rows or teamates can play togather with 3 rows so that we can see old edtion‘s regression)or “1 vs 1 vs 1” mode on gwent after HC?
2、If the answer is no,can we have it on special day or any other special mode?
3 、These days I replayed The witcher 1 and 2,still infusive games! So any other witchers will come on the stage of Gwent in HC,like Leo or Berengar?
4、Any news from Toussaint?

I konw HC is the most important project at this time,but I still want to konw more long term plan in gwent.
Blessing of the leeks upon you and your team,good luck!

1. Not planned
2. Too soon to say
3. Maybe in the future
4. Nope

Long term plans will come after Homecoming.

Greetings Pawel

1. How long is the video you prepared?

2. Is Weather mechanic in a bit of a limbo? Is there plans to expand it with future content?

3. Will any Silver cards become Gold or vice versa in HC?

4. Will the Golden Child Caranthir have a cool ability?

Thanks

1. Around 10mins
2. I think it's fair as it is now
3. Yes
4. Yes!

Good morning, Burza!

Can we get another sneak peek before Challenger? Maybe another little thing from the menu? :D

Thanks for everything! Can't wait for HC! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom