GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

1. I like the uniqueness of reveal archetype and would be very happy to see it's preserved. Does it fit to HC overall?

2. With the card limit changes and many others don't you think Gwent is kind of approaching Hearthstone and losing some of it's own identity?

3. In-game, does current turn get autopassed when there are no plays remaining?

4. How likely is we will get something before Challenger now?

Thanks for answers and have a great day Burza :)

1. There are a couple reveal cards in the card pool :)
2. I think that it's becoming more diverse in terms of deck building, you're not limited when it comes to deck building
3. No, you pass the turn
4. We'll see, still working on the video.

Have a great day!

Hi Burza
Will any other leaders/gold cards be taken out temporarily or shifted?
Since Dagon's being removed and they'll be no weather archetype how big a role will weather play and will it be reworked?

- Some cards will shift, leaders aside form the ones previously mentioned won't
- Still plays a important factor in the game

Hello Burza, Thanks for all the hardwork you and the team at CDPR for gwent. There's a few details id like to know.

1. You said that all factions will have a similar set number of cards, can you reveal that number yet?

2. Will the HC video be just a match or will we see everything like the main menu, card collection, and the "shupermarket"?

3. Before you said when we buy Thronebreaker we get all the standard cards, I also heard before that when we finish thronebreaker we will get the premium versions of those cards? Is that still true?

4. The new NR leader will be Vizimir wont he :)?

Thanks again Burza

1. 68 plus leaders
2. Main focus is the game board
3. Probably yes, but we're still working on the details
4. Nope :)

My pleasure ;)

Hello,The reason why video was delayed is that gwent makes way for cyber punk2077?Or for some other reason?Don't tell us you don't Satisfy with video again:unsure:. Thank you.;)

It's not delayed in any way, what I previously said is that we'll show something on Challenger or before.

Hello Burza!
I want to know whether the systems of playback and watching will be finished in HC.If not,is there a specific plan or schedule for them after HC?In other word,have you considered adding both of them in gwent?
Thanks!

Last edited:
1. 68 plus leaders
2. Main focus is the game board
3. Probably yes, but we're still working on the details
4. Nope :)

My pleasure ;)
Thanks for the speedy reply. Does that mean there are 68 neutral cards too? Or 64 since they dont have leaders? :)

Greeting Burza
Is Thronebreaker not belongs to Gwent anymore?Will the cards still be the main part of Thronebreaker?Or they are just decorations?

Hi Burza! Some questions for your answers yesterday:

(1) An average of 5 strength for Bronze cards seem a little too small? Can you tell us what's the power of Silver and Gold is gonna be like, for example, average 9 and 12.

(2) With Bronze being 5 points, it seems as if Gold cards are becoming much more powerful in Homecoming?

(3) We can see that the Foltest usually use swarm to win the game. But now the board is limited to 18 units, it that going to affect Foltest strategies? Or can we say his ability is altered? If yes, can you tell us what's the new ability?

(4) We really miss the OP deck Spy Emhyr, it he going to make a strong comeback at Homecoming?

(5) I am a big fan of NR, can you give me a little hint about what's new for NR in Homecoming please?

I know these are a lot of questions and I really appreciate your diligent answering for the community every day.
You are the best Community Manager for us, no doubt!

1. Will there be a basic set where these cards will not be present on Kegs while also being able to unlock their respective Premiums through levels?
2. Will Premium Leaders be unockable?
3. WIll you guys be putting a new feature in the game to discourage @r$eh0!e$ from playing full tryhard/netdecks on Casual Game Mode? Like for example prohibiting players from using decks that have more than X Provision to enter the game mode?

Last edited:
Hi Burza,

You guys mentioned that you don't want to be adding old Witcher music to the game but rather new music composed specifically for Gwent.

That being said are people like Marcin Przybylowicz and Hanna Kubiak still at the studio working on sound design for Gwent along with others we will know from Witcher 3 or are they part of the Cyberpunk team now and there are new people working on Gwent we don't know about yet? :D

Tnx!

1.Hello,still any cards we can used to counter the advantage of going second?
Just like Ciri and Ocvist. Is it Neutral card ?Or faction card?

2.I'm curious about the new plan of the Coin mechanic.
I wonder if you can describe it briefly?
Thank you.;)

Hello Burza!
I want to know whether the systems of playback and watching will be finished in HC.If not,is there a specific plan or schedule for them after HC?In other word,have you considered adding both of them in gwent?
Thanks!

Yes, but won't happen until sometime next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom