Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
hello, first thing to say watching the demo reminded me of dues ex, blade runner and altered carbon, so taking ideas from these would be great

now for the demo itself i noticed these things that ruined it for me (i know this is alpha but to shed some light on it)
fixes/dislikes:
1- at the start when you put the thug head into the water and shoot him, the water looked like only a layer with no physics, i hope there will be water physics instead of just a layer in a typical game.
2- animation transition, can be noticed when jackie was taking cover next to a wall when the wall being shot through.
3- enemy car physics, that reminded me of uncharted 4, the car chase looked like a kid holding a toy and moving it around, i hope it becomes more realistic, however the car we are driving seemed fine.
4- wall and glass breaking, i noticed its set to triangles breakage, which kinda makes it seem like an old graphical game, could that be randomised more into higher quality?
5- people variety , on the open world section i noticed some character that are duplicated, perhaps more models can fix that.
6- the guy talking in slow-motion after his leg and then his head blown off
7- the street texture looked too smooth as if its low detailed....
8- the part where a guy shoots through a wall... the first wall breaks but the second wall where V is hiding behind doesnt, also the sparks are going THROUGH the wall like an explosion through it! i hope that gets fixed, atleast the sparks part

wonders:
1- can we use mantis blades to move around on walls like a spider? if so can we use it to climb a mega building all the way?
2-can our car be blown or take damage? what are the consequences?
3-purchasing eyes but i wanna keep the old features into new ones? can i?
4- can we remove body enhancers/augmentations to be more human than a robot after implementing them?
5- can we pull the gun out anywhere anytime we want? what happens if i start murdering people in the street randomly?
6- the people living their daily life like in witcher 3 and skyrim? or are they just doing thier animations?
7- any fast traveling options/ways?

ideas/suggestions
1-can we change the HUD colors?
2- change the HUD style? maybe through buying new eyes? for example the current seems so classic, i want futuristic huds
3- make enemies react to each bullet taken
4- when purchasing items, show a preview video of it?

Last edited:
Felt the gameplay demo didn't emphasize on the player's body (in FPP). I really wish the final game has FPP views similar to Skyrim's immersive first person view mod or GTA V. Cause those are the only immersive FPPs I've seen. Basically having full animations for everything and having the camera placed on the head.

49036-1-1387620283.jpg
UupnGtH.jpg

Guys, you absolutely nailed Cyberpunk spirit down. The demo is amazing!

1. attention to details, that create the world a "real"
2. freedom of choice: the ability to approach the same quest in a diferent way due to different baggage from previous quests.
3. application of cyber upgrades and its impact on game mechanics or even a HUD
4. shooting - look and feel and special weapons like ricochet bullets, walls penetration etc...

Dislikes

1. the sense of Night City scale - everything seems very claustrophobic. Even the city streets seem hard to drive. In the game that you can drive vehicles the navigation in space is important (a game that does this best is probably GTA5)

2. first person movement is too smooth. Many times (except the fight scenes) I had an impression that a player controls a camera, not a character. The movement should be a little bit shaky with diferent acceleration levels.

3. lips synchronisation and facial animations looks outdated

4. lack of flying vehicles to drive or at least travel in (flying cab).

5. missing hands animations of my protagonist. When I press a button on the elevator or take a jacket from a wardrobe it would be nice to see my character's body

[...]I feel like when you are doing a quest with a character/s beside you, they should do more in every aspect. More to kill enemies, more to cover for you, more to flank enemies, maybe even find alternative ways for you once in a while.

I vote for this! You just reminded me of something I loved in two of my favorite games:
Elizabeth handling you ammo and coins on Bioshock infinite:

And Ellie helping out Joel (by throwing bricks at enemies or just knifing* them in the back) in TLOU:

I think those are great examples of how to give "life" to a partner character that follows the player. It would be amazing to see Jackie (and others) do similar things! :LOL:(y)

I was really impress and pleased by the alpha footage, but ....

I also was disappointed by the camera, I am not arguing FP vs TP. FP is fine with me, but the camera was too static, it felt like on a steadicam, maybe it was just for the demo because of frame rate issue. But Cyberpunk being a single player RPG I really want that "inside a body/person" feel, like DICE give us with Mirror Edge. I think it's very important for immersion, I know that gameplay and control comfort also matters, but for me immersion is essential.

I would really want the smart gun removed or changed. It reminds me of the smart pistol in Titanfall. A gun that shoots bullets that follow the target is not fun, it's boring, it requires no skill, it just seems like a cheat to me. I know I can simply not use it but it just seems like a bad gun. There's no need for it. Please consider changing it.

Before I start, let me say that, The Witcher 3 is the best game I ever played. It's above 10/10 for me and will always be in a special place in my heart. So after that masterpiece, you got my trust completely!

And now about cyberpunk. The demo was great, but I have some concerns, all of them probably will be reworked before release, but still.. maybe this feedback helps..

1. Some UI features very Fallout look a like.
Would like to see something unique. Fallout is boring for me and this UI is constantly reminding me about it :)
2. In Witcher you have UI size slider and hide all button.
Would like to see that in this game too.
3. Car physics.
I hope it will be more GTA, less Watch Dogs.
4. Gun play.
Is there any recoil and stuff? It's seems now it's just point and click. It's not a major issue in RPG, but still wanna some challenging encounters.
5. V looks sexy.
Any wallpapers? <3
6. You are magnificent!
Keep doing a great job!

1. the sense of Night City scale - everything seems very claustrophobic. Even the city streets seem hard to drive. In the game that you can drive vehicles the navigation in space is important (a game that does this best is probably GTA5).

It's a Cyberpunk world is meant to be claustrophibic, with a lot of garbage in the streets, all kind of stuff in the apartments, a lot of people and that kind of things. It's a futuristic world where the people have to take advantege of the little space they have, so it makes sense that feels like that.

4. lack of flying vehicles to drive or at least travel in (flying cab).

They say than we won´t be able to drive flying cars but I expect to have a mission or two where you can be inside one.

Sorry for my bad english.
Post automatically merged:

Felt the gameplay demo didn't emphasize on the player's body (in FPP). I really wish the final game has FPP views similar to Skyrim's immersive first person view mod or GTA V. Cause those are the only immersive FPPs I've seen. Basically having full animations for everything and having the camera placed on the head.

In one Q&A on other forum they said we will can see our character model legs and arms, I suspect that in this demo they haven´t done that yet.

Last edited:
It has been probably said before.

I get that this is an RPG, but enemies acting as bullet sponges is extra anti-immersive.

We need them to go down way faster.
Balance it out by making us more vulnerable and needing to use cover, reflex enhancing slow motion drugs or whatever.

Putting 10 bullets into an enemy (even if it's just a pistol) with him still on his feet without flinching is meh.

I know you might say they have some high-tech subdermal armor or whatever...
But at least in that case make them react to getting hit. It needs animation.
Make them bounce back, struggle to move, recoil, make jerky movements while being hit with rapid fire.

Getting walloped with projectiles without flinching and then just droping dead when the health bar hits zero is just lame.

Just my two cents.
I love pretty much everything else.

Keep up the good work CDPR.

Hello CD Project Red Team,

Just wanted to tell you guys congrats on such a great reveal. A lot of love and passion has been put into this and I was floored by the reveal. Congratulations.

Some of my thoughts and feedback on the game play are below (constructive of course :). Also, I'm fully aware that the game is pre-alpha.

1- Rag-doll death psychics of enemies (excluding take down animations) need to be refined. I felt that there was a lot of jittery like motion when they moved to their dead state. I was a bit off putting in the sense where they didn't feel like bulky characters hitting the floor. Maybe a slightly more realistic approach to death animation would be good. Also reaction to bullet hits would be nice.

2- Gun fire sfx: Needs that extra oomph. I felt she was shooting pellets from her pistol. I think pistol sounds should be revamped.
I vote for this! You just reminded me of something I loved in two of my favorite games:
Elizabeth handling you ammo and coins on Bioshock infinite:

And Ellie helping out Joel (by throwing bricks at enemies or just knifing* them in the back) in TLOU:

I think those are great examples of how to give "life" to a partner character that follows the player. It would be amazing to see Jackie (and others) do similar things! :LOL:(y)

Jackie gave your cover in the gameplay demonstration by lifting a car as far as I remember, that was pretty awesome!

I pretty much said everything I wanted in "reveal" thread, but there's a small thing that bothers me a little. There's no shells anywhere. Might sound like a nitpick but shells on the ground add a lot in terms of immersion even if they are made of like 7 poligons.

I loved pretty much everything about the demo and have only a few suggestions:

1. Add more character animations - I loved how in both Metro Redux games almost all actions had their animations, like screwing off a light bulb, pressing a button or pulling a lever. I'm sure it's within reach of CDPR.

2. Add more weight to the cars - I know that driving isn't the main mechanic in this game, but please - don't take the road that R* took with GTA V. Cars cannot feel like they're made of cardboard. You don't have to make it as flabby as in GTA IV, just don't make them feel unnatural like a bad CGI in movie.

3. This will almost certainly change in the development process, but still - please do a brainstorm among your artists and create a truly exceptional UI. This game deserves it.

I can't wait to see more of this masterpiece and place a pre-order! Keep up the good work, jesteście zajebiści ;)

What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Speaking of which ( I have a lot, but just gonna do three) :

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

Edit: IT'S IN!
Will the HUD and Damage Numbers above the heads be adjustable?

Aug 28/18 Marcin Momot: "That is exactly our plan. A lot of HUD elements (including damage numbers) will be optional. "

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

2. In my opinion, the combat looked much easier after picking up the smart ricochet weapons. Is this just easier because it was high level gear up against low level enemies because these weapons looked incredibly overpowered. Maybe they could change it so that you only have a certain amount of smart/ricochet shots so that you can't just hide behind hard cover throughout the fight, just shooting around the corners. Also, I think serious armor should be an option, but it will reduce your movement speed and/or shooting accuracy for both V and for enemies. In the demo I liked the weak spots on the armor so that if you have the right augments, it will highlight the area you must attack to do damage although maybe you can overcome this and shoot wherever if you have a penetrating weapon.

3. I think in the demo, it seemed a bit strange that at any point you could just 'grab the gun' or shoot the person you are talking to when your character personality wasn't like that at all. In this case, I agree with the point mentioned about dialogue stats, however I don't think it should be displayed anywhere or you should have the ability to level these up using points from levelling up; they should just be upgraded through the options you choose in dialogue throughout the game. As well as this, I do not like it when RPGs tell you that you can't say something because your skill isn't high enough; it should just not be shown.

I do not know if this message will be read by Red, but I'll try, The game now looks great, which can be improved, this is to use it to its fullest, with the gameplay from the first person, submersion is due to the context of the impact with the player, the ability to control his sight, attention, such as shown in the video gameplay, when visiting a doctor and installation of the eye implant. However, it seems to me that this effect can be made even stronger by increasing the moments included by the player himself when the first-person view is changed or transformed, as with the increase of the objects included for consideration. For example, the character already now has the opportunity to run around the walls like the prince of Persia, but this can be developed by adding the possibility of shooting from one hand to slo-mo while running on the wall, adding such acrobatic elements to a boar like an acrobatic wheel with shooting like a famous scene in matrix or flip along with shooting, or bounce off the wall with a side flip over the head like in the old game Total Overdose.
202439-total-overdose-a-gunslinger-s-tale-in-mexico-windows-screenshot.jpg
However, the most important thing in all these moments is a flip of the screen during all these actions, that is, at the moment when the hero makes a roll over the head, bounce off the wall, the wheel, the player's view camera also slowly gets upside down !!!!
Red - копия.png
or flips on a somersault if it happens in the slo-mo and quickly if without a slo-mo that the player feels full control of the character and the ability to rotate the body and body of the character in the air so that the player feels control of the game, control either it is inverted or remains the same exactly for the moment that the hero is in this position (meaning the screen as if the player was upside down). Also it seems to me to fix the reflex parameter on the speed of the sight in the slo-mo, initially making it very slow, and gradually with increasing points in the reflexes, gradually lead to an almost immediate response, as it allows to feel that yes, the reflexes have improved. With the duration of deceleration is the same.

On this idea, I was prompted by the words of the seller of the spider robot that when you run it, everything you ate can get out. o_O
Acrobatic elements like jumping forward or backward with shooting from two hands, in the slo-mo or without it, thanks to the sight from the first person will acquire simply incredible cinematography. The ability to install the implant to split the screen into two parts like the eyes of a chameleon, with one automatic aiming and a second aiming by the player himself, similarly, two-hand shooting was realized in Call of Juarez 2
callofjuarezgunslinger_2D00_610.jpg
, to shoot from the aimed sight, it was necessary to press the button but he was guided by a machine gun, from the second he had to aim. Regarding some weapons, you I think are familiar with the product W. Gibson's "Neuromancer"
images.jpg
Remember Molly's heroines, with her retractable blades from fingernails and built-in skull glasses with faceted lenses, I consider these two implants to be present in the game on cyberpunk. In the context of close combat, I would like to be able to play with katans even against firearms, with the reflection of bullets, or the reflection of bullets at opponents, possibly with the possibility of chopping off limbs to opponents. Close combat should also include legs. Of course, all these gameplay features that I have listed should open as the main parameters are pumped and the necessary implants are installed, such as reinforced legs for acrobatics, hands sharpened for increasing the impact of a katana, as the body and weapons of opponents are not cut off by ordinary human hands. But the most important is, of course, the gameplay context, I do not think that a person like me who is not close to the gaming industry should say this to you, but it should be as small as possible, in the sense that in the usual gameplay (not in the cut scenes ), each player pressing on the keyboard should perform as short a possible action as excessive cinematography breaks the sense of the character's control, and all the gameplay, as an example of how not to do it Thief (2014), in which most of the buttons start the redundant animation and the game turns into a movie when you press a button, and your character for the next 3 seconds himself without your participation opens the window. Somehow, although honestly I'll buy everything that you would not let out :), even if nothing from what I listed and will not be in the game.

Attachments

• Red.png
    Red.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
First of all, bravo and well done CDPR! You guys are true pioneers and really brave to expose early gameplay to the internet.
We all appreciate your dedicated vision and hard work and will wait patiently for the amazing game.

Here are my initial, quick impressions and since there's so much great about the reveal, I'll just focus on the minor nitnoids.

1. The reveal did contain minor spoilers by the way. Yes?
2. Jackie's voice didn't immediately match his looks to me. His face definitely looks eastern Europe, Russian/Slavik to me. But his voice sounds central american.
3. There obviously is a lot of scripted scenes mixed with user actions. I wonder how user choice is affected by that. For example, if you do something different from what you are being told by the voice.
4. The camera looked a bit too much "on a rail" to me. While I don't like too much "wiggle" in a camera when running or walking, it also shouldn't be too flat. There should be some natural sway and off-angle to it if we are looking through our eyes. Doesn't always have to be horizontal either (e.g. looking around corner). Also, the start/stop of the camera movement lacked appropriate "easing in/out" to make it seem natural (like a human's movement).
5. Textures are a bit flat in places still. Diffuse makes them look like "satin".
6. The shotgun impact texture when the buckshot hits the wall/doorway and you can see the holes leak over into the door space (mid air). The bullet holes were floating in mid air. Not that noticeable though.

All for now! Great job!

Last edited:
More animations for things like pressing a button to an elevator or removing or touching objects as well.

I think you should be able to loot things from enemies, perhaps consider a pristine system that dayz had where the more you shoot at the clothing/armor/weapons the enemy is possessing, the more likely you are at damaging it from the objects current condition state. Make it tiered like pristine, good, okay, poor and ruined.

Also, if you can have a unique item slot for boots that would be great.

Great great great gameplay shown so far. Some suggestions I'd like to see in the final game (some are very ambitious):

1) give some justification to double jump and strife: do you have/need some implant to do that? how does it work? Give it some sound if needed. But I woul prefer an higher jump (just press longer) than a double jump: If you want to make an immersive game, than you need to justify everything properly.
2) more vehicles on the street/sky: thousands of NPCs and 3 cars?
3) don't make enemies who are 2 levels higher than you impossible to be killed (like in the witcher 3 where a lvl 9 wolf "one-shots" geralt): make levels more like an hint about the NPC in front of you than a real gameplay mechanic.
4) some kind of smart mini-game for hacking/engeneering
5) something like gwent, maybe a 2D cyberpunk videogame (inception FTW). Asking too much at this stage?
6) interaction with random NPCs (e.g. in GTA V you can tell them to fuck off and they run/fight)
7) this is crazy, I know: if an NPC cannot speak english, you need to install a translator implant in your brain to have the subtitles (or instant translation)
8) add a little of recoil to weapons, I still like the idea that in the future weapons will be so high-tech that recoil won't be an issue, but that automatic gun is terrible, looks like a spray can
9) I think the trailers are suggesting this already: a melee fight club like boxing/martial arts and quests. We had it in TW3, just make it even bettere here! :)
10) I don't really like the common/uncommon/epic equipment: just let me buy better weapons/"armors" or install modification to make them better.

And now I go and watch the gameplay for the 7th time. I loved it!

Let me begin by saying that I loved The Witcher 3 and think that it set the new standard for RPGs. CDPR obviously has a lot of talent.

That said, I wanted to voice my concern about the dialogue writing seen in the gameplay demo that was just released. I'm all in favor of an edgy, gritty setting for a cyberpunk-style game. In fact, I'd expect nothing less. But the writing on display in this demo, specifically the frequency of profanity, comes across as try-hard and almost juvenile. The overuse of harsh profanity (especially the multiple appearances of "c-nt" and "c--ksucker") causes it to completely lose its impact, in my opinion, and can easily be interpreted as lazy writing. Perhaps consider replacing some of the actual profanity with fictional profanity, similar to what Firefly did. It's not necessarily a deal-breaker for me, but I fear that it would push away a lot of potential players that watch your demo.

I express this concern only with the intention of possibly influencing an improvement to this game, that I'm very much anticipating, while there is still time to make improvements.

Thanks for considering my feedback.

Let me begin by saying that I loved The Witcher 3 and think that it set the new standard for RPGs. CDPR obviously has a lot of talent.

That said, I wanted to voice my concern about the dialogue writing seen in the gameplay demo that was just released. I'm all in favor of an edgy, gritty setting for a cyberpunk-style game. In fact, I'd expect nothing less. But the writing on display in this demo, specifically the frequency of profanity, comes across as try-hard and almost juvenile. The overuse of harsh profanity (especially the multiple appearances of "c-nt" and "c--ksucker") causes it to completely lose its impact, in my opinion, and can easily be interpreted as lazy writing. Perhaps consider replacing some of the actual profanity with fictional profanity, similar to what Firefly did. It's not necessarily a deal-breaker for me, but I fear that it would push away a lot of potential players that watch your demo.

I express this concern only with the intention of possibly influencing an improvement to this game, that I'm very much anticipating, while there is still time to make improvements.

Thanks for considering my feedback.

The characters should also not be stereotypical. They should be realistic. The dialogues need to be realistic, not cheesy stereotypical. A lot of the dialogues from the demo was extremely cheesy and it felt like a step backward from Witcher 3 and Witcher 2. The voice acting didn’t help either

What impressed me about the demo:
- The environments and art style are absolutely beautiful.
- "Immersion" was felt walking around the city, watching organic crowds and street vendors, the amazing ripper doc visit.
- Enemies as a hackable network. Jacking into that Maelstrom gangster to get an overview of the gang's presence and ways to exploit weaknesses was something that absolutely floored me.
- Contextual takedowns. Drilling a bullet into a submerged scavenger's head...that was a fantastic reward for being stealthy.

Next things I'd like to see:
- Less run and gun play style, more stealth/hacker play style.
- More complexity in level design. The Scavenger and Maelstrom dungeons, felt linear. I want multiple routes, multiple attack vectors, and I want to feel like taking stealth/hacker perks opens up tactical options I wouldn't otherwise have.
- Fleshed out hacking. I'd rather spend my time hacking and letting the environment/bots do my dirty work than pouring bullets into a sponge. Show me more of the game's vision for these features.
- Better Enemy AI. I want to see realistic, coordinated enemy movement.

Top Bottom