Is Mantis bl.-climbing a good moment to add a choice option for BOTH FPP and TPP?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I had to do it. Like many wrong or right I think that this is a good idea and had to give it spotlight.

Let's start: For the sake of immersion, the game has to stay FPP meaning we need more different ways to see our character, ways that dont break the immersion.

So a solution is to give us an option based on preference (why based on pref? Because it looks cool to walk on the wall in tpp, but if you jump right on the enemy from the wall, then you would at certain times want to switch to FPP) to be in TPP while using mantis blades to climb a wall.

Walking on the wall doesnt add much to immersion nor do we interact much with the world so its a perfect situation for us to see our character without breaking CDPRs and Mike's vision. And just imagine how cool youd look with the open mantis blades on the wall.

Fighting with mantis blades should stay first person.

That is a great idea!! There is lots of scenarios where camera could be pulled out from first persson, that is one of them and its a good one. I believe immersion wouldn't be broken that way, and we could see the characters we made!

Walking on the wall doesnt add much to immersion nor do we interact much with the world so its a perfect situation for us to see our character without breaking CDPRs and Mike's vision.

I have to disagree with you there. IMO, it would break immersion. FPP in Cyberpunk is not just a camera in our avatars head. We're literally seeing the world through their eyes, thus the HUD changes with enhancements, an example would be the eye-scene with the Ripperdoc and the HUD changes afterwards. For the camera to suddenly pull out while climbing with the mantis blades would be terribly weird for me, and would put me off.

I have to disagree with you there. IMO, it would break immersion. FPP in Cyberpunk is not just a camera in our avatars head. We're literally seeing the world through their eyes, thus the HUD changes with enhancements, an example would be the eye-scene with the Ripperdoc and the HUD changes afterwards. For the camera to suddenly pull out while climbing with the mantis blades would be terribly weird for me, and would put me off.

I'm all for first person to stay, it must stay! just to mention it again. but I'm searching for more ways to help tpp players see the character :/ It does give you a mirrors edge feel but it wont change the way you perceive theworld, because you arent focused on the world at that moment, youre focused on the wall and enemies. I've thought a bit and think that its goodin both tpp and fps probably even better in fpp but remain aligned to the decision that we should pick, we should be able to pick at that moment which perspective to have. Some people want to see how spider-like V looks on a wall so that bunch maybe wont feel awkward and its also an excuse to see the character you made. Granting said choice in ONLY this situation shouldnt be bad. Upon jumping on an enemy it should be fpp, if the tpp was turned on and the player agrees that its awkward they can just disable it again.

It definitely shouldnt happen suddenly, so maybe we can leave it turned on in the options until we no longer want that perspective?

The devs have stated that FPP is here to stay. I very much enjoy the Mirror's Edge/Dying Light feel the mantis blades give me, seeing as I love those two games. So, personally, I don't think it should be TPP.

The devs have stated that FPP is here to stay. I very much enjoy the Mirror's Edge/Dying Light feel the mantis blades give me, seeing as I love those two games. So, personally, I don't think it should be TPP.

I rephrased the topic question now. Somebody might like to see a spider pose but also be in mirrors edge camera, its a conflict of interests, but both are strong interests, cant deny it right haha?

I rephrased the topic question now. Somebody might like to see a spider pose but also be in mirrors edge camera, its a conflict of interests, but both are strong interests, cant deny it right haha?
You've got a point. However, I'm not sure if they would add an option for this because then fans will be asking for options for everything and that'll surely delay the game a lot.

So is a TPP option gonna happen? Unlikely.

Would it be nice? I can see it working in certain situations. But as Pixel-Zealot stated, switching from FPP to TPP for a simple combat move would be somewhat confusing and immersion-breaking.

That's another reason I love the spider bot. You link up to your spider bot and can look at your character, maybe that's how their photo-mode is going to work?
that actually could be it...

but then , it get shot!!! and you scream ''OH nooo! I didn't make a back up of the 20000 pictures I took! '':ROFLMAO:

Kidding aside :p maybe we could even get mission to spy and take damning pictures for a client ?

Well, FPP is probably here to stay (it was never questionable, honestly) but I like some of your ideas. While CDPR won't add (most likely) any actual toggable TPP camera, I only hope that they will still notice the TPP crowd and try to satisfy our thirst of seeing our characters in different ways by simply adding many other opportunites to show V. Like making sure V is always visible when we open the inventory, adding some small cutscenes here and there when interacting with stuff in your apartment, maybe adding some more cutscenes in general.

What? No. No more TPP threads. CDPR won't be making TPP modes to make people happy. Mantis blades are cool, but this went TPP way fast. Move along. Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom