If you can only change one thing in this game what would it be?

+
You never played Vampire: Masquerade or Dragon Age: Origins aren't ya?
Matter of fact I did, great games as they excel in other aspects. To me, no voice acting is a big lack period. I can understand it for budget reason but if you have the means I don't see why you would choose to not have it.

Silent protagonist is a compromise. Not some feature. It's a sacrifice in favor of richer text and more roleplay variety. Technically you can voice both genders of every clan in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, but it's additional budget load and development time. In a cinematic game like CP77 it's even harder to do, because cutscenes and interactions are more detailed and in comparison to games of 10 years ago or older. That's basically why we have only two "roles" in Mass Effect - paragon and renegade. 2 for each gender.

IMO, in FPP games it's much less damaging, than in TPP like DAO or let's imagine for a second, The Witcher.

Yes I know and understand that, hence the comparison I made to text-rich RPGs, something CP2077 isn't. Which is why the idea of choosing between voice acting and a more complex system of dialogs surprises me.

Last edited:
Only one thing?
Being able to be something else than a Solo roleplay, like the other roles from the tabletop: Rockerboy, Corporate, Media, etc...
This:
eh159k8nwe411.png

Because I take no pleasure from shooting things (even worst in FPP) and I want to avoid combats as much as possible.

I actually hope I'll be able to take enough co-workers with me so I can let them fight in my place entirely if the game force me to.

Yes I know and understand that, hence the comparison I made to text-rich RPGs, something CP2077 isn't. Which is why the idea of choosing between voice acting and a more complex system of dialogs surprises me.
Well, desire for text rich modern games is understandable. I want it too personally. If only developers wanted to bother voicing and staging all that... It's a nightmare job.

Only one thing?
Being able to be something else than a Solo roleplay, like the other roles from the tabletop: Rockerboy, Corporate, Media, etc...
This:
View attachment 10975754
Because I take no pleasure from shooting things (even worst in FPP) and I want to avoid combats as much as possible.

I actually hope I'll be able to take enough co-workers with me so I can let them fight in my place entirely if the game force me to.

I second this but unfortunately in terms of gameplay, it looks like we're getting more of a shooter rather than something resembling the table top RPG.

I second this but unfortunately in terms of gameplay, it looks like we're getting more of a shooter rather than something resembling the table top RPG.

Actually, I really think (and hope) it will be an RPG, but unlike what have been announced V will just be another Geralt: a character for which decisions have already been made instead of just a character affected by the events of the game.

And that's normal. They could not make a game for so many different roleplay so they had to choose, and that's where money, as always when it comes to AAA games, made the decision between taking talkative roles or taking actions roles, because the later always appeals more to Casual Players.

It seems like unless a RPG geek gets billionaire we'll never see a AAA RPG where Roleplay will be the real focus of the game.

Difficult question. There are some nitpicks here and there. Stuff like more equipment slots, slider/morph support when creating your character (face and body), smart AI that uses cover, aggressive flanking, nades to flush you out etc. And yes, a third person perspective option. This is probably going to piss off some people but in all honesty I wish it didn't come out for current gen consoles. But if I were to pick something more realistic/achievable it would probably be better AI.

Less reliance on repetitive, constant swearing in the more casual dialogues where it just feels a bit forced. I'm looking at the "convent" comment and Meredith and Anthony's severe case of Tourette's.

By contrast the Victor and Dexter dialogues feel a lot smoother to listen to because they're just talking, not trying to win the Guinness World Record for Most Swears In Two Sentences 2018.

Not seeing the name of a character above their head unless I already know the person. Kinda gives away that they're an 'important person' with a quest when you see a name rather than slacker or dirtgirl like you see on most of the people.

As a side note, the dialogue options didn't match what was actually said. One thing I hated about FO4 and is an absolute must fix with a certain mod when I play it.

> Sorry but if I would, won't be one thing.

> I would like to change the cover movement system that looked very arcade like.

> And also I would remove the double jump system for a more human movement system like what Dying Light has done with the environment so it can feel more human jumping over objects rather than what I have just saw.

> And the light recoil non realistic gunplay showcase that was shown with bland movements when slow motions that seems like the only thing moving is the camera and not a person with that heavy expectancy of how might look.

> My excitement drop the second I saw what I just mention that made me lift up a frown but the good thing is that it is all a work in progress and hope those minor things due happen, because everything seem so realistic from the little I have seen, that the gunplay and how the camera move when you are in that part of the game, make the game feel not incomplete, but rather not the same.

Not much as change, rather than improve on my part. Definitely the gunplay, particularly the pistol. The handling seemed a bit lackluster. Adding a bit of punch/recoil I think would help improve this tremendously.

If I could change one thing.. wow that is hard. While I would love to make the ULTIMATE editor, I think it is already alright and slight adjustments arent enough reason to "change one thing". So I would say.. I would ditch the RPG part of combat entirely and make it a true FPS, boom! Okay that sounds a bit extreme but personally I would prefer no numbers at all. Everything depends entirely on substance. So if you have a normal skull and a normal bullet and that bullet hits that skull, the person is dead - end of story. It doesn't matter how many bullets hit a cybernetic leg, that leg might break off and the enemies movement is limited but he or she won't die. With armor you either have to have the right ammunition and/or find weak points, sometimes you might need to use entirely different methods to achieve a kill (environment, hacking and so on). At the same time I still would allow to achieve the mission goals entirely without the need to kill but the combat in itself would be more like a shooter and less like an RPG where it's all about getting down the life bar.

It's been said before but I'll say it again. More tactical and realistic combat instead of the quick arcade'ish pace the Demo showed us.

soundtrack needs a bit more synthwave it would probably be good to have rock at daytime and synthwave at night give it a bit of a blade runner feel

Top Bottom