Character creator idea

+
when has ANY game allowed you to adjust your height? seriously?
some MMO do it (Star Trek online is the only one who does it from the few MMO I have installed . For exemple GW2 and The secret world both don't give that option) .

Saint Rows 4 I think..don't remember if the others did , but you can adjust your heigh and muscles .

Dragon Dogma let you do it too .

Urgh..

DAI CC sucked . Sorry but it's the truth . Its suffered from alot of 'couldn't get the right blue for eyes' , stupid scars on faces weren't equal (I could make a large deep scar on an elf but on a Qunari even at max , it just didn't look the same) . And that damn hair..buzz bald with Tumour head! and don't get me started on the amount of times in both DAI and MEA , I had to start over because of that damn light in the cc where my character look good but once the game start...my Ryder had clown lipstick on....under normal light .

OK, so here's the thing - you're right. It had all of these problems. Not only that, but also the prologue scene in DA:I had TERRIBLE facial animations (your character was forced to look sad about what happened and the whole face was constantly distorted, ugh). The prologue also had weird cold color filter going on that made all the colors you picked in CC look entirely different. Frankly, to see your character the way you created it you had to wait until you complete prologue and move to the "real" game, where lighting was more normal.

I agree with all that, hairstyles were horrible and so on. It wasn't perfect, but still, among all the single player games I played, the CC in DA:I was the best when it comes to actual facial structure. We got a lot of control over forehead, brows position, cheeks, nose shape, jaw and chin. I don't think any other game did that to this extent. It allowed me to finally make a face shape that is natural, without any pointy or sunken cheeks, just natural and correct line. So yeah, for sure it had all the problems you mentioned, but still the amount of sliders that allowed me to control smallest parts of head was amazing. In other games I have to accept one of the few nose shapes they give me - this one looks good from the side, but from the front it's freaking wide, the other one looks good from the front, but then it's crooked from the side. In DA:I I could simply pick the one I liked the most and control the nose bridge depth / position, nostrils width and so on. That was amazing.

OK, so here's the thing - you're right. It had all of these problems. Not only that, but also the prologue scene in DA:I had TERRIBLE facial animations (your character was forced to look sad about what happened and the whole face was constantly distorted, ugh). The prologue also had weird cold color filter going on that made all the colors you picked in CC look entirely different. Frankly, to see your character the way you created it you had to wait until you complete prologue and move to the "real" game, where lighting was more normal.

I agree with all that, hairstyles were horrible and so on. It wasn't perfect, but still, among all the single player games I played, the CC in DA:I was the best when it comes to actual facial structure. We got a lot of control over forehead, brows position, cheeks, nose shape, jaw and chin. I don't think any other game did that to this extent. It allowed me to finally make a face shape that is natural, without any pointy or sunken cheeks, just natural and correct line. So yeah, for sure it had all the problems you mentioned, but still the amount of sliders that allowed me to control smallest parts of head was amazing. In other games I have to accept one of the few nose shapes they give me - this one looks good from the side, but from the front it's freaking wide, the other one looks good from the front, but then it's crooked from the side. In DA:I I could simply pick the one I liked the most and control the nose bridge depth / position, nostrils width and so on. That was amazing.
that..is not enough to make the cc amazing though . At least not to me .

I'm not a crafter of faces lol I wanted all the rest and didn't get that .

I think the Sims 4 let you do stuff like that too and more...

Please no.

You could ask so good things about an editor, like what I mentioned as suggetion about color palette or what others mentioned with muscles (giving female V abs) or what about body types more in direction to heights and so on but no, it's about.. Gender Fluidity.. great scott... What I would love to see incorporated into a character editor would be, to color segments of the hair and not predefined but so you can select the amount and length of hair to be dyed. I can't remember any game to allow this kind of adjustment. And in regards to Cyberpunk itself I can imagine a whole lot of questions that would fit a lot better.

Regarding Dragon Age Inquistiion: Wasn't a fan. Wanted to make a Qunari babe, someone bigger but damn the head was always kinda too tiny, I never felt to get the right balance of body type and head - same in The Old Republic, it was okay in the end but satisfied? Not really. I think Bioware is really something developers should avoid in taking inspiration from.

@animalfather
Soul Calibur V

Think they should have different body types in like in Sims and saints row series to show that your V is tailored to you and that the world diverse.

You could ask so good things about an editor, like what I mentioned as suggetion about color palette or what others mentioned with muscles (giving female V abs) or what about body types more in direction to heights and so on but no, it's about.. Gender Fluidity.. great scott... What I would love to see incorporated into a character editor would be, to color segments of the hair and not predefined but so you can select the amount and length of hair to be dyed. I can't remember any game to allow this kind of adjustment. And in regards to Cyberpunk itself I can imagine a whole lot of questions that would fit a lot better.

Regarding Dragon Age Inquistiion: Wasn't a fan. Wanted to make a Qunari babe, someone bigger but damn the head was always kinda too tiny, I never felt to get the right balance of body type and head - same in The Old Republic, it was okay in the end but satisfied? Not really. I think Bioware is really something developers should avoid in taking inspiration from.

@animalfather
Soul Calibur V

I think the most in-depth character creation was Black Desert online, the amount of detail it allowed users to change and morph to exactly what they wanted was great. I hope CP77's character creation leans a little into that depth to allow for more user contribution, height, muscle tone, colour palettes (as opposed to swatches), hair length etc.

Beyond the aesthetics, could you choose to have a different pronoun? Is that an option in the game?

Weber: I honestly don't know yet. What I can say was that it was a part of Cyberpunk 2020 but how exactly we'll do it in Cyberpunk 2077 I don't know yet. But it is definitely a thing we are aware of.

This question makes me uncomfortable. The Gender debate is just that, a political debate. There are some who agree with it and some who don't. Some would appreciate it in the game and some who won't. So instead of adding pronouns to the character creator, let's realise that Cyberpunk is one of the few, on track at least, AAA that gives you the freedom to roleplay whatever you want. Frankly speaking, I would be put off if I had to choose a pronoun in my character creator.

I think the most in-depth character creation was Black Desert online, the amount of detail it allowed users to change and morph to exactly what they wanted was great. I hope CP77's character creation leans a little into that depth to allow for more user contribution, height, muscle tone, colour palettes (as opposed to swatches), hair length etc.
Yeah, BDO has great character creation (aside from gender locked classes) and the best thing about CP77 is the fact that all those crazy things you can do, like changing your skin colour, or giving your irises crazy patterns would be 100% immersive. While watching the gameplay demo I've felt like the people there were too normal looking, like, there wasn't a single person with glowing hair, animal body parts or crazy skin colours.

It's a shame CDPR can't take what 2K does with it's WWE games (taking actual facial pictures and scanning them into the game) and advance it to look more natural in the cutscenes.

I'm going to leave this thought here because it's "character creator" related...

After watching the game play demo the other day I had a single thought, "HOLY SHIT! I want this game right now!" Several hours after that I had another thought, "What if I could make my character before downloading the game so I could start playing it straight away when the game launches." That's what I want for the character creator. A web based version that is unlocked with my pre-purchase, registration or whatever, where I get to sit and noodle for hours over my character weeks before the game launches. reading over every detail, changing skills, adjusting attributes and switch up my physical appearance. Then I get to save out a character config that synced to my game day one as I start playing. I mean, how great would it be to know that you took all the time you wanted to get your character just right and you get to dive into the story as soon as your download finishes? What could be better?

Please no.

The elder acrolls skyrim and F4 had decent character customization but lacking in options and Depth to a flaw. Thank Skyrim mods. The ability to create a character with the face of a Blob really took things a bit far. Wouldnt it be more viable that every character actually looks good and maintains a feel of realism Instead? The face customization of fallout 4 was abhorrent at times thanks to the overarching options of cheekbones and head size
Post automatically merged:

maxresdefault.jpg

Mmm..Black Desert Online iirc...I think one or more of the Dragon Age games? Definitely not unheard of.

i feel like every game has a set height for females and males. even this game. check the crowd they are all the same height. we have a looong way to go to get some real pedestrians.

i feel like every game has a set height for females and males. even this game. check the crowd they are all the same height. we have a looong way to go to get some real pedestrians.

I can't think of any exceptions...well, there is Royce, he's pretty big. But everyone else does seem to be of the same mold, yep.

I'd really love if there was a heavy "trans humanist" component to this game, Pushing the physical appearance of humans way beyond how we see them today with chrome.

Again, gonna direct you to the Guild Wars series. People have a lot of varying heights there.

Top Bottom