Skellige or Nilfgaard?

+

New Faction Challenge begins! Who will emerge victorious this week – the warriors of Skellige or the knights of Nilfgaard? Choose your favourite faction and aid them in battle!

Here are the rewards waiting for you:

Faction Challenge will end on Tuesday, September 4th, 12 PM (noon) CEST.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

1. Go into the Faction Challenge tile located in the in-game News section.
2. Choose one of the two warring factions you wish to support: Skellige or Nilfgaard.
3. Play and win games with your faction across Casual, Ranked and Pro Ladder modes to unlock faction rewards.

—————————————————————————————————————————

* Games won before committing to a specific faction will not count toward your challenge progress.
* Your challenge progress is determined by wins against all factions: those participating (Skellige, Nilfgaard) and not participating (Monsters, Scoia'tael, Northern Realms) in the challenge.
* Playing games via friend challenge or in the Arena will not count toward your challenge progress.
* After reaching a milestone, you will immediately receive a corresponding reward.
* Information about your completed milestones can be found in the in-game Notifications tab (Social Panel).

As I don't have the skelligan border and title yet, this time I betrayed His Imperial Majesty... Good luck to all fellow Skelligers!
For Skellige's gloryyyyy!

Dear CDPR,

The images showing faction and season rewards are never visible when I load the page from a PS4. Is there a setting I can change to make them appear?

Thanks

I picked Nilfgaard because I'm still missing the title that didn't exist back in the second faction challenge MO vs NG, which was the last time I supported them. Really glad on one hand because Vico Medic and Assire are basically unfair vs SK.

(also, fun fact: Skellige is the only faction that didn't win a single faction challenge so far)

(also, fun fact: Skellige is the only faction that didn't win a single faction challenge so far)
With all that SK GS and Axeman everywhere and yet to win a faction challenge. My, my. I'm actually impressed.

Why though the same faction gets matched up against each other ? supposed to be opposing faction war ?

Why though the same faction gets matched up against each other ? supposed to be opposing faction war ?

Well, it's the two most played factions, so it's pretty likely you end up playing against the same faction (especially if you play NG).

Of course you could turn faction wars into a separate mode where you only get to play against the other faction. However, playing 30+ times in a row against NG (or SK) might get a bit boring and I doubt many people would want that.

Faction war
Well, it's the two most played factions, so it's pretty likely you end up playing against the same faction (especially if you play NG).

Of course you could turn faction wars into a separate mode where you only get to play against the other faction. However, playing 30+ times in a row against NG (or SK) might get a bit boring and I doubt many people would want that.

If so, faction war should be the two least played ones so the meta will be less boring, right?

If so, faction war should be the two least played ones so the meta will be less boring, right?

Well, 30+ matches against Sabbath Monster or Brouver Shupe might also not appeal to a lot of people. Also if you'd go only for the least played factions, the last few faction wars would have been all too similar.

I think the faction wars in general need a slightly different approach - but first we'll have to wait for the Homecoming update.

I haven't played Gwent for a looong time, because of the boredom of facing the same decks for many months. Logged in to have some fun with meme decks on casual yesterday and then I realized that there's a faction challenge between the most popular and strong factions. It was such a great experience to face the same Skellige and Nilfgaard meta decks at 9/10 matches that I thought for a moment I was playing for reaching the GM rank on casual... Thank you gwent team!

I haven't played Gwent for a looong time, because of the boredom of facing the same decks for many months.

Gwent does have a dry spell while waiting for Homecoming. Now is not really a good time to get back into the game. Well, it's still good to save up some kegs. As for the Faction Challenge, it does decrease the variety of decks. It's a known "side-effect".

I thought for a moment I was playing for reaching the GM rank on casual...
Yeh, people are taking their ranked decks into casual, its overkill for the newbies if there are any. But im guilty too.
Although i just started anew last week

I missed the Skellige border/title, I chose Skellige. I played until 30 wins, but it was a pain against Nilfgaard. Now I don't want to play Skellige 'til Homecoming :)

Last edited:
RIP Skellige (0-4), hopefully you'll do better in the next faction challenge cycle if it's actually staying around after homecoming.

If I'm correct, the only pair of factions that didn't fight yet are Northern Realms vs Scoia'Tael, so we're probably seeing this match-up next month?

Top Bottom