Cyberpunk 2077: Survival Mode Difficulty

+

Should Cyberpunk 2077 add a Survival-mode with eating, drinking and sleeping modifying responses?

• Yes, in base game

Votes: 38 55.9%
  • Yes, in DLC

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • No, nope, never

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Foolish question, NorseGraphics, you're an idiot.

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
I enjoy Survival Mode in Fallout 4 - the save rules and food/drink discipline add a lot. Plus the high damage to and from enemies.

Dunno if I'd want it on a first playthrough though.

It'd be interesting to see drugs that are powerful gameplay-wise, but their extended use causes player character to experience various discomforting side-effects (blurry vision, short loss of control over your character, like reverse control scheme for a few seconds, etc.) when you don't get your regular dose.

After you get to see Victor, the Rippedoc, he gives you a Med, telling you to "take it within the next hour", maybe we'll have some trouble if we don't follow our medication (would be cool)

I don't really care about a Survival mode in this, but i wouldn't be against it if they added it in a major Patch or DLC.
What i really want them to give us instead is a Good NG+ mode, because i get the feeling this game will have huge re-playability.
Considering they had it in the TW3, I'm assuming we'll have the same in this game.

NG+ = Shit.
Need super hard first playthrough, i hope this game will be more difficult than casual witcher 3.
TW3 was.... casual?
Then again I'm not the kind of gamer to go super hard on my first playthrough. I enjoy working my way up through the different difficulty levels.

It'd be interesting to see drugs that are powerful gameplay-wise, but their extended use causes player character to experience various discomforting side-effects (blurry vision, short loss of control over your character, like reverse control scheme for a few seconds, etc.) when you don't get your regular dose.

I was thinking of this as well, with how Antibiotics are used in Fallout 4. Same thing in Cyberpunk 2077 if you get sick from something, like getting hit with non-lethal flesh-wound(s) and you don't bother to clean it. But I'm not sure what stats would be affected by diseases. Strength?

Eating and drinking should be a thing you can do in the game but I dont' see how survival would work at all. There is food and water everywhere.. It's not like it'd be hard to get. You'll have plenty of money and you already own an apartment so you already have a place to sleep. Survival works only when necessities are scarce and you already have easy access to all the basic necessities. Without that scarcity it's just you having to eat, drink and sleep every so often.

Eating and drinking should be a thing you can do in the game but I dont' see how survival would work at all. There is food and water everywhere.. It's not like it'd be hard to get. You'll have plenty of money and you already own an apartment so you already have a place to sleep. Survival works only when necessities are scarce and you already have easy access to all the basic necessities. Without that scarcity it's just you having to eat, drink and sleep every so often.

Being tired affects your aim, being hungry and thirsty affects your stamina. Being sick affects your strength. Add all these together and the result(s) might be fatal.

Being tired affects your aim, being hungry and thirsty affects your stamina. Being sick affects your strength. Add all these together and the result(s) might be fatal.

Yeah.. but in what circumstances would you ever be hungry, thirsty or tired in this game? They'd have to specifically write in ways in which survival would be a necessity. They couldn't just make a survival mode as there is nothing to survive except encounters.

I also think survival mode extreme wouldn't make sense everything is readily available though I would like affects from acid rain poison disease . Also I'd like to know I couldn't sprint non stop from one end to the next escaping .new game + a nice addition to the game but I like to play my game hard right from the start. Usually it starts out real hard like in death March then towards the end it sort of got easy save some parts around storyline

I've never seen a survival mode that didn't get tedious at some point.
So, I would certainly hope there won't be a mandatory one in Cyberpunk 2077. Optional, sure.

(Forgot this had a poll. DLC would be the best option imo, as it clearly indicates optionality.)

I've never seen a survival mode that didn't get tedious at some point.
So, I would certainly hope there won't be a mandatory one in Cyberpunk 2077. Optional, sure.

(Forgot this had a poll. DLC would be the best option imo, as it clearly indicates optionality.)

I think such things should be optional, not mandatory. Sort of adding that little extra for those who want super-immersive game-play. Adding it as a DLC could be an option worth considering after the base-game is complete.

I don't really care about a Survival mode in this, but i wouldn't be against it if they added it in a major Patch or DLC.
What i really want them to give us instead is a Good NG+ mode, because i get the feeling this game will have huge re-playability.

Huge re-playability? Like the witcher 3? No, I wouldnt care if they added it. This game is going to give us somewhat dues-ex feel to it. I dont think the story will be varied enough to be replayed. Maybe as a male and then a female if the story modes aren't linear in the same direction

If there was one, I would try it out. So yeah.

But I think it should be separate from base difficulty settings (like in New Vegas).

Not just eating/sleeping/drinking, either. Weight to all itmes (ammo included), allow companion characters to die and missions to fail, design backdoors and other means to circumvent past failures (with consequences).

If there was one, I would try it out. So yeah.

But I think it should be separate from base difficulty settings (like in New Vegas).

Not just eating/sleeping/drinking, either. Weight to all itmes (ammo included), allow companion characters to die and missions to fail, design backdoors and other means to circumvent past failures (with consequences).
something unique to cyberpunk 2077 itself would be better rather than a new vegas style retread.

Madae

Forum veteran
Since they're aiming for immersion, I don't see this being out of place. Even if the method might seem mundane or tedious to some people, others might find enjoyment from being able to get involved in everything living in this world would require.
So, I agree. Bring on a survival mode.

Top Bottom