Homecoming Reveal

+
Can I now complain about 2 copies and 2 rows, after seeing some aspects of future card effects? This will still kill the game (for me at least).
And i prefer a bar-scene with a wooden table than a muddy battlefield with sloppy leadermodels and to much stuff at the corner.
But i like the new optic of cards, the mulligan-system and the row-system with different effects. But that won't be enough to compensat the rest.
PS: Make the Gold-Cards more visible as Gold cards. I needed some time to spot the difference at all...

Last edited:
I hope you give me back all the money , because this is garbage ... And tell me, when you listen to the community ,who the hell wanted something like that?

Gwent was nice and unique and you make another Hearthstone and other boring games ... Who want this 3D cartoon board
which just distracts you , we want good cards and good gameplay - no this stuff for children ...

GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, BECAUSE THIS LOOKS UNPLAYABLE

Great board, artwork, a bit worried about being able to tell between golds and bronzes.

Leaders on the side look a bit cartoonish.

Mechanic wise, I have no idea. Hope it lives up to the challenge
I00% agree on that. I didn't see which is bronze and which is gold.

Leaders seems like part of background and not like my units.

Generaly I like it and I am curious how it's going to be. I am scared if such graphic will be a lot more harder for my laptop. Can you tell us something about requirement. Will it be much higher then current Gwent?

CDPR always delivers. Don't let the naysayers demotivate you! This is hands down amazing. The quality on the visuals is absolutely insane, and regardless of subjective taste is objectively miles above what we had before in terms of graphic fidelity. Very excited about seeing reworked Gwent. Finally a solution to the coinflip issue.

So far I like the graphics part (barring the leader models) and the mulligan changes, but I'm so far still not convinced that the two rows solution was a good one because we didn't see much.

... Gwent was nice and unique...
And had a unique atmosphere.

One month still...

Can we at least have this current version of the game somewhere to play? Cause my eyes will not bear what I saw presented after 5 months of work.

This board with these Leaders... what were you thinking? ANY man with a pinch of sense of art will tell you it looks like crap. Yes, the UI did needed some adjustments, just like the current version of the game, indeed, but this... way, WAY too much.

I am sorry, I am so frustrated right now. This game did not deserved this.

Game board & card art is looking fantastic but I agree those leaders look childish or cartoon like plus border color is hard to understand.
I know this is still in progress & not a final product so hoping for some good changes in final version of game.

My first thought: it looks great. My second thought: It's not Gwent anymore. I give it a try of course, but I don't know, if I will play this NEW game. Because it's not a rework...it's a totally new and different game.
And a question: all decks must contain 30 card not more not less? Because I thought, the min deck size is 30.

So some people are YAY, some people ale NEY for the new board, right? So it would be a nice idea to add an option, to choose which board do you want to play. It is not too much work for the team probably, and the problem is solved for dissatisfied ppl :) What do you think guys?

+ Dont know how leaders will work, but i would prefer a standard 2D card, even if 3D model will be looking better

I have no problem with grafics, its obvious they plan to release for phones, looks better for kiddies...
What i think is problematic its because of 2bronzes copy and removal of sinergy arhetypes now the winner in most matches is the one who draws more golds.

OK. How's that for a "big change" ?
As far as I understand it, this will be nothing like Gwent is today. That doesn't mean it's going to be bad, it's just not going to be the SAME. So I understand that some people will not be happy with it. I think it will have trouble being worse than now, so my hopes are quite high (but my expectations are too).
The way they talked about the two rows system has appeased some of my fears so far. The vanishing of silver cards means nothing to me : the category was useless since gold immunity was gone. I don't understand everything about the new mulligan, so I will refrain commenting on it, but the idea of making it leader-based sounds interesting.
The look is just amazing ! The board, the leaders, the cards, everything is just BEAUTIFUL and I already love it. Can't wait to try playing just because of the design (which is, I guess, the whole point). But that won't make us forget the content, which again looks a lot different from what we're use to.
All in all, I reserve my final judgement to a later date, once we'll have a better idea of how the game will be played. Because that's what I really wait for.
Change is always scary, and it almost never please everybody. Showing more of the actual gameplay might have turned down the anger-o-meter a bit, but I guess it's not ready yet for that.
Wait and see (soon, I hope)

Omg, it looks sooo crap. I don"t want to play that dark gwent. I loved all my cards, I want to see them full, not a HALF. And every card now looks really ugly. Is it possible to stay on current version?

I too would like the option to have the current game to play somewhere, in some form, cause even if this turns out to be great (something I will keep some doubts about until I see the mechanics at work), it will be a totally new game. And even with all its flaws, I still like this version SO much. I don't know. Mixed feelings over here. Even if HC turns out to be awesome. I'll miss playing all the decks I can play now. everything really.

So some people are YAY, some people ale NEY for the new board, right? So it would be a nice idea to add an option, to choose which board do you want to play. It is not too much work for the team probably, and the problem is solved for dissatisfied ppl :) What do you think guys?

+ Dont know how leaders will work, but i would prefer a standard 2D card, even if 3D model will be looking better
Yeah, this is the BEST IDEA! We need to choose boards!

I hope you give me back all the money , because this is garbage ... And tell me, when you listen to the community ,who the hell wanted something like that?

Gwent was nice and unique and you make another Hearthstone and other boring games ... Who want this 3D cartoon board
which just distracts you , we want good cards and good gameplay - no this stuff for children ...

GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, BECAUSE THIS LOOKS UNPLAYABLE
I have to double. I DID NOT invest in what homecoming will become. This is false advertising and completely unethical for a company to do.

YESSSS!!!!! I could not be more pleased with this update already. It looks like you guys have knocked it out of the park. You righted the ship and blew everyone else in the water up. Don't listen to the nay-sayers, the board and leaders are fresh, and the cards are updated yet still that gritty Gwent gloriousness. The only issue I have is no release date was given! AHHHH Need to play now!

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    392.5 KB · Views: 96
OOoooh, keep up the good work. I'm charmed, excited and looking forward to more information. I really like the new visuals, who knew Unseen Elder could look so cute. A bit sad for some leader models, Eithne, Usurper and Emhyr have really cool premium card designs which will not make it to 3d animation I guess (?), but oh well. I was able to look at these the last 1-2 years and over the past few weeks I made lots of videos to reminisce over at a later date if nostalgia hits me. Can't wait for more details on actual gameplay.
Like Michal's new hair also!

First impression from the very limited preview after weeks of promises of a "big reveal" is simply terrible. A complete visual mess. Arched cards in hand that you can't even properly see; huge popups everywhere. Visual effects taking precedence over a clean easy to see card board state. The 3D aspect just makes it a copy-cat of other popular card games same with the dumb down to just 2 rows.
In regards to cards its close to impossible to quickly distinguish bronze from gold cards. No point in removing Silver cards. The beauty of Gwent was the relative simplicity in deck building with a clear designation of 4 golds, 6 silver, and rest bronza cards.

Overall I just don't get the point of creating a whole new game, where basically everything got changed except the card art, and this is after over a year in Open Beta. I would get it if we were still in early Alpha of game testing, but you just don't do this sort of crap after a long Closed Beta and a very long Open Beta, just to throw that all away and re-create a completely new game.

I hope this new 'Homecoming' game will be a success just like Gwent was before it, but I am not everly optimistic.

I think if they'd implemented the current 2D leaders on each side it will look way better, even on the 3D board (maybe even because of the 3D board). But this is way over the top ugly.

Also what @Pruny ... I don't like what I see. At all.

Top Bottom