GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new player when I first got into the game I found the initial decks pretty boring, not only that but they seemed to play so much alike because of the similar cards.

1. Are the new starter decks more interesting? Are they different from one another? Do they really play with the strenghts of the factions?
2. Do the starter decks have only one Faction Golden card?
3. Will new players have more silvers/golds to put on the initial decks?
4. Will there ever be a Classic Game Mode?

Last edited:
I saw on the reddit page that there might be a option to open/play thronebreaker in the Gwent client as well as it's own client, butthe translation was bit unclear on it. So I guess I will ask: With Homecoming, will it be possible to play it in the Gwent client as well as it's own thronebreaker client, for those who want both single and multiplayer? Or will you need one for each game?

Hey Burza,

With less tutors, bigger decks and all that, it has come to people's mind that decks will be less reliable. You, on the other hand, have assured us that we will still be able to make reliable decks. Does it mean there will be more instances of drawing during rounds maybe?

1. Skellige storm, merigold's hailstorm and cards like this are going to work the same, or they are going to change when we will have only 2 rows?

2. Would love to see tournament mode (DOC had it) - 8 players group, You will fight 3 duels, and the best 2 players will get a prize, probably some kegs ^^ There could be daily rules - only 1 fraction, no spells in deck, no golds etc etc+ It would by nice to have opportunity to create Custom Tournaments, with BO3, BO5 etc. It would probably increase popularity of smaller and bigger tournaments and make life easier for the organizers

3. Damn i have so many good ideas, you should make branch in Poznan and hire me ^^

Last edited:

Guest 4322057

1. Are we getting a premium keg weekend at all before Homecoming? This may have been asked before and if it has I’m hoping your answer was/is that we will.

2. Will you implement a way to custom sort our deck lists in a way other than most recently used? Like alphabetical or better yet a custom ordering that we choose (for example just adding a move mechanic and move the decks up and down on the list)

3. What happens to the mechanics, art assets, card effects, etc. when they get removed from the game? I mean you spend so much time and then just remove them with often no explanation. Are they kept (even if there is no intention to bring them back) or are scrapped entirely? Do you ever consider reworking, improving, or adjusting old effects and mechanics when they’re removed or are they gone forever? I mean, you guys have changed the game so many times and I wonder if you’ll ever decide to reintroduce ideas that didn’t work previously but have been changed to work better. Examples include: Aura, Bond, Brave, Orders, Shield (with and without Queen), Veteran. Will Quen ever see a return if the programming difficulty is resolved? Are Tryptych arts gone forever? Are mechanics being removed in Homecoming gone for good?

4. Will in-game patch notes return? Instead of linking to an internet browser.

5. Will patch notes be more transparent and developers more open about design and balance decisions? For example reasonings on why balance changes are made or why mechanics and effects are removed (instead of being quietly removed from the game with no explanation given).

Thanks for your hard work, have a good day and thank you. Keep it up!:giggle:

Hi Burza, u said before that Monsters and Scoia'tael will be first fractions shown, when we can expect to see Scoia table?

Hi Burza,

How will milling our collections work, now that we know there are no silvers anymore?
Will the ones that become Bronzes give bronze scraps, and the one that become Golds give gold scraps or is there some sort of provision factor in calculating milling value?

Hey Burza, thank you for the tasty leeks! I think the new visuals are a vast improvement :)

So you mentioned in the video that the number of mulligan charges depend on your leader. Is this the only way of balancing leaders and coin flip or is there something else as well?

Hey Burza, few questions after seeing the video:
1. Still on track for October?
2. Will there be some sort of simplified board view for lower-spec computers that can currently run the game?
3. Any timeline for when we can expect to see/hear more about the update or thronebreaker?

1. After watching the Homecoming Reveal I didn't see any leader cards present in the User Interface, does that mean the leader cards have been replaced by those 3D models for the UI, and we only see those leader cards during the deck building and once the leaders are deployed, if leader deployment is still a thing.

[I sidetrack from the question to give a bit of feedback]

If this is the case I have to say I'm kind of disappointed because from what I've seen you did a great job to better showcase the card art, but then you choose to hide the card art of the leaders to replace them by 3D models, and even though I don't hate those models, don't love them either, I think the card art is always going to be superior looking as you can be more creative with the posture, camera angle, and effects (...) than a 3D model. Quite a few of my favourite premiums are leaders and it would be a shame to have them left to a background role.

2. I love the board, but also seen few people hating it, mainly because they don't want a battlefield like board but something recreating the atmosphere of an inn, so my question is do you plan in having non-faction oriented boards closer to what those people might expect.

Hi Burza!

After watching the video, I was delighted, but after I sat and thought it over, I realized that this video is not what everyone was waiting for last 5 months. You have repeatedly said how important the first impression will be from the Homecoming project. As a result, we have a video of 8 minutes, in which 70% of the content consists of your dialogues, and 30% where you show something. This material is barely enough to make any opinion of the project.

Therefore, the question. When we see more? Maybe on stream, or another video? What are your plans at all? But please, do not again say "soon". According to the plan you have a release in a month and a half, and this word is not very appropriate at the moment.

Regards, cardiant.

Last edited:
My post got moved since i was a bit more offtopic so I'll just ask the questions now.

1. Are you planning to change the arrow that was showed in today's video? I am talking about the large blue arrow that we also currently have on gwent at the moment.

2. It looked like you can't grab the card and place it on the battlefield by yourself, like you can at the moment. Felt like you have to select the card first and click on the position you want to place on it. Can you elaborate on that a bit?

3. The VFX for Sabbath looked exactly like the fireball we have right now for NR machines, so are the new VFX just going to be for weathers? because that's the only new vfx that we saw in the video iirc.

Guest 3945410

How will you handle the Skellige 'battlefield' considering they have both land and sea units?

Hello devs. Great visual updates. Thanks for the work you put into it. I have a few questions:

1. Will the leaders be improved in the final version? I understand that this is a work in progress but can we expect a different presentation? For example the Unseen Elder feels too "mobile game" quality.

2. Will the new visuals require higher specs? My laptop turns into a jet while playing the current version of Gwent. I feel that Homecoming will melt my motherboard with all that 3D visuals (especially the leaders). Will we be able to disable them maybe?

3. Finally, have you noticed that the new bronze and gold borders (which are freaking awesome btw) are too close to each other in terms of color. Why not use silver and gold instead which are way more distinguishable? Is that on your radar?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

Hi Burza,

First, great job on the board guys ! It looks fantastic (and note that Monsters is my least favorite faction :p). I can't wait to see the other boards (Nilfgaard and Scoia'tael Hype !)

Of course I have a couple of questions after watching the video:

1. Are the current leader cards arts gone in HC ? The 3D leader is a great idea but I loved the original 2D/premiums card arts you guys made. Will they appear somewhere ?

2. Is it the start of the (previously promised) regular updates on HC ? Since the original deadline is coming in 2 months... one can hope ?

Thank you !

I personally can't wait to see more of Homecoming, as I've stopped playing the game since HC's announcement and definately want to go back to it.

Cheers !

Hi devs, I like the visual changes you guy teased yesterday. But I have a question.

Now we don't have silver cards, and we have a resource system. The golds don't have immune anymore. The rarity of cards also have been isolated from edge color for a long time. So what's purpose of "gold cards"?
How about simply use the card's edge to show its rarity? Or maybe make the rarity symbol more visible? It's really hard to notice in the new design.

Anyway, thank you guys for the hard works(y)

Hello Burza, gotta say the homecoming reveal was fantastic. With the new visual, I'm excited for thronebreaker even more.

My question is, with an updated 3d looking logo and 3d looking realistic board, will there be any change in the artstyle of the overworld exploration and cutscenes in thronebreaker or will it be the same toon shaded artistic graphics we saw over a year ago?

Additionally, now that the first homecoming video is done, when can we finally see some thronebreaker in action?

Have a nice day!

Hello @Burza46,

With the current season being closed it's not possible to take a look at the leaderboard in Ranked Mode. And I think a lot of players would love to be able to check it. Recently I tried to gather informations...
Can we expect a feature or website (such as: Pro Ladder Rankings) showcasing Top 1.000 or more? It would be awesome to browse leaderboards from previous seasons!

I wish you a great Challenger #4! :)

I'll see what can be done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom