Thoughts about GWENT tournament

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The organization of the tournament was absolutely great, especially the cultural background, theme music, activities and yes, Cerys :cool: I really like the Witcher games and Gwent. However, let me get to the real thing guys. I believe due to the current game mechanics the decks and strategies used by the contestants were pretty much the same. Let alone seeing some forgotten cards, we were not even able to see some leaders like Eredin, Radovid, Francesca, Eithne, Harald, Morvran and others... I hoped that I would see some extraordinary decks with really unique cards and strategies. I believe this should really make the developers think. The whole tournament revolved around stereotyped 3-4 decks. I would really love to see games with unorthodox strategies and I believe that the developers doing their best to improve the game mechanics for the future updates to allow more competent-variability of strategies.

Agreed. For me it all comes down to this:

Pros:

+ Ash and Flake as hosts (excellent work, better than mr. Cox and possibly better than Mercer and Marisha)
+ Swim and shinmiri as analysts (another example of great work, with analyzing each match)
+ Pretty much every clip showing the Skellige Isles (Cerys, Archery, Hammering steel, training owls, throwing axes, brawling, fighting :p )
+ Reduced amount of changing viewpoints between the participants

Cons:

- Decks used. This is basically my only complaint but it's an important one. The ones who got rewarded the most were the ones with the most point spamming decks. Granted, it probably took some good predicting and analyzing the meta in order to consider what they will encounter, so I am sure that both finalists deserve all the credit for making it there, because preparation is a really important part for each tournament, but still there was an excessive amount of veterans, consume, and other point spam decks. The only non GS engine deck we saw was Foltest, and it was a bit of a coin toss. It lost all matches against the greedy lists, but generally performed alright in other fields.

I am just sad Harald stayed out of the tournament once again, but that's how it is. Foltest, Nekkers and Handbuff all have the advantage against him, so with the state of the meta, it's not worth bringing him along. Plus, ST plays a lot with Ida Emean.

I'm personally really glad, that considering we doesn't have any changes in mechanics and etc we have new line-up of decks. Yes, we saw good old "friends" like Veterans, GS and Alchemy, but apart of this other decks was "new" to tournament environment even comparing to last OPEN.

Agreed. For me it all comes down to this:

Pros:

+ Ash and Flake as hosts (excellent work, better than mr. Cox and possibly better than Mercer and Marisha)
+ Swim and shinmiri as analysts (another example of great work, with analyzing each match)
+ Pretty much every clip showing the Skellige Isles (Cerys, Archery, Hammering steel, training owls, throwing axes, brawling, fighting :p )
+ Reduced amount of changing viewpoints between the participants
Really agree that the presentation was superb.
I hope that they stay with the current team of casters, hosts and analysts! They all worked really well together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom