[Poll] How you see the new Homecoming reveals?

+

You see the recent Homecoming reveal (9/2/2018)...

• only positive

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • mostly positive

Votes: 57 41.9%
  • same positive as negative

Votes: 30 22.1%
  • mostly negative

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • only negative

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
After the reveal of some Homecoming-aspects i want to know statistically how you see the new effects. Please dont discuss this here, we have a thread therefore already

Mostly positive.

My focus is always on game play and I am very optimistic about it. I already really enjoy playing Gwent and the game is certainly going to have more depth with all of these new mechanics.

As a reminder: You should value the reveal what happend, not the possible future reveals^^ If you are optimistic, this is fine, but not part of this reveal-poll.

Beeing optimistic means normally you look in the future for some good changes/outcomes. If you were refering to the video ok, than this is all a misunderstanding.

Beeing optimistic means normally you look in the future for some good changes/outcomes. If you were refering to the video ok, than this is all a misunderstanding.

I can't say for sure how I feel about anything until I actually play it. Especially the game play.

I voted "mostly negative" because considering the fact that this reveal teaser was supposed to be shown about 6 weeks ago during the last tournament AND the fact that the game is supposed to come out in October (end of October is now about 7 weeks away) very little substance was shown.

Circumstantial evidence:
- We only saw the monster faction, no other factions.
- Graphical issues have been pointed out elsewhere (borders, perspectives, quality of models).
- No complete match was shown (which would have been indicative of complete implementation of all mechanics, at this point in time this should be a given).
- No information at all about usability in terms of deck management, collection management.
- They also said they wanted to improve matchmaking and ladder ranking, but nothing was said about that.
- And no information about migration of existing resources to new resources, important for us players who have invested heavily (either money and/or time) in the game.

What we saw was Bling Bling for a new game that has some Gwent DNA undoubtedly, but otherwise the video did not offer much on game mechanics on top of what had been known already (just confirmed it, e.g. how rows will matter). I would guess it was about 4 minutes of actual content and 4 minutes of Pawel asking the dev how he liked the changes.

Summary: I was disappointed of this so-called "reveal teaser".

Mostly negative.

Sure i like the UI.
But i really need to know what the gameplay will be like.

For all i care we could keep the old UI if the gameplay is good.

Also it was delayed alot.

Plus most habilities are RNG damage and a very simple range mechanic.
If they show something realated to gameplay that i find fun, ill recast my vote.

Balancing dont take long process, its not that hard to release monthly -1,+1 changes to bad cards.
-1point to halfelf,bearmaster,viper,ng knight its easy. :mad:

Balancing dont take long process, its not that hard to release monthly -1,+1 changes to bad cards.
-1point to halfelf,bearmaster,viper,ng knight its easy. :mad:

And yet look how long we've been in beta. Clearly it's not as easy as you think. Even excluding the last 6 months due to all work focused on homecoming a year and a half is a lot.

when you keep broken cards for months without fixing ofcourse will take long (warcurser nightmare)

Vastly positive, i've liked almost everything i saw and the only iffy thing (3d leaders) is going to get polished anyway.

Why with every new version board and fx have to become more childish,if this is the onlyway to
attract youngest players easy to imagine next version;playing gwent on war chess 3d board models.

Why with every new version board and fx have to become more childish,if this is the onlyway to attract youngest players easy to imagine next version;playing gwent on war chess 3d board models.

That contradictory because Gwent's rating actually went up from Teen to Mature. The board's redesign is not to appeal to a younger crowd.

Top Bottom