How will humanity work?

+
Hello, I have such a question, how will humanity affect the passage and dialogue in the game? Can I play a "Clean" character or think of myself as a Deus Ex Machina? If so, would such an effect influence the ending? Thanks for your attention.

I just hope it has some effect outside of just create a limit on how many implants you can have. But I doubt it. Personally I would love to become a full cyborg. But the humanity rating is going to get in the way of that.

They might allow you to exceed the limit, just to present you a nice cyberpsychosis effects afterwards.

no they have confirmed that's not happening for the PC.
Yeah they confirmed the player character can't go cyberpsycho. Everytime they were asked in an interview they said it wont be for the player.

Here's the only on that I saw which game some hope. All the others were "it's in the game, but not for the player."

Last edited:
They didn't really say that:

Another big part of your character in the pen and paper game is the danger of developing cyberpsychosis, which is referenced in the demo. Is it a gameplay mechanic in 2077?
Weber: So I can definitely say it will be part of the world, part of the story... but as for how it will affect the player, I can't really say. In Cyberpunk 2020 it was a gameplay system and if you used too much cyberwear you could get cyberpsychosis which would essentially be Game Over for you. It can't really work like that in our game because it would be too frustrating if it was just 'Game Over'... I can't say how we're handling it yet but cyberpsychosis is definitely part of the game.

Do you have an answer but you're keeping it under wraps, or is it that you're still deciding how to implement it?

Weber: We have an answer for it but I think we're still in the phase where we're thinking how are the interesting ways to actually use it. We have an idea but, what are the avenues where the idea is convenient?

They didn't really say that:
Yes they did. Explicitly on discord. Lilayah (community team member):
Cyberpschosis will be in game but your character cannot go fully cyberpsycho.
It's aslo been explictly said in several interviews. I'll find them (sigh).

Max Pears:
"You won't upgrade yourself to implement your cyberwear as much as cyberpychos. Because if we allow players to do so, the story will go wrong. Our priority is story of course...there is a limit."

Last edited:
If I had to guess, I would say it'll act somewhat like toxicity did for alchemy in TW3. But that's just a guess. I'd like it if it limited our dialogue options and restricted street cred growth if you start adding too much.
I personnaly think it will be more severe, since toxicity was easily played around. If it’s the case you will be able to become way too overpowered imo.

If I had to guess, I would say it'll act somewhat like toxicity did for alchemy in TW3. But that's just a guess. I'd like it if it limited our dialogue options and restricted street cred growth if you start adding too much.

I think that that'd be a great way to handle it; simulating detachment from humanity by hindering interaction with humanity makes sense.

I'm not familiar with the original PnP game but why won't they just do a cyberpsychosis event? Like, if you modified yourself too much, you lose control over your character, he starts to kill people, then you wake up in doc's place and he tells you Jackie knocked you out and brought you here and doc removed some augmentations and you lost some cred points and police from the 2012 teaser is now searching for you or something? Or cyberpsychosis is irreversible?

I'm not familiar with the original PnP game but why won't they just do a cyberpsychosis event? Like, if you modified yourself too much, you lose control over your character, he starts to kill people, then you wake up in doc's place and he tells you Jackie knocked you out and brought you here and doc removed some augmentations and you lost some cred points and police from the 2012 teaser is now searching for you or something? Or cyberpsychosis is irreversible?

I think that it may be because the sort of things a full-blown cyber-psycho would do in the P&P game would result in one of the following happening;

- Termination with extreme prejudice
- An unfortunate "accident" in a dark alley somewhere
- Imprisonment for (at least) a few decades
- Recruitment into P-SWAT... and a killswitch implant (permanent NPC status)

Cyberpsychosis is treatable, but the treatment does not absolve you of responsibility for what you have done.

That said, maybe if you omit the part about killing people, you could justify a respec and totally swap your 'ware selection. I mean, if Jackie really is a friend, he might do something like that if you start acting weird but before you do something that gets the badges involved... :unsure:

Last edited:
Well, that's the point: Cyberpsychosis is a great reason to make some interesting event. Starting from receiving a "dangerous criminal" status (cureable with major bribe or skillful netrunner) and ending with futuristic jail escape. Just imagining this makes me excited :) CDPR please!

Certainly would be awesome if reaching closer to cyberpsychosis would change what we say and do, becoming more violent. Considering what kind of character I always end up playing in PnP games it would fit me perfectly.
But since V is a mercenary and they have a set personality, more or less up until you are in full control, I can't see that ever happening. They story would change too much and it would almost be a completely new story. It's the same reason why we don't have other classes other than those that fit the narrative.

Certainly would be awesome if reaching closer to cyberpsychosis would change what we say and do, becoming more violent. Considering what kind of character I always end up playing in PnP games it would fit me perfectly.

Valid point. I've GM'd for a few folks who considered Cyberpsychosis a good thing.

Top Bottom