Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
Hi!

I really enjoyed watching the gameplay and can't wait to play it by myself.
I loved the action, animation, gunplay, world design... well all.

One thing in the whole immersion of the world that bothered me were the names of the people.
You see people on the street named like, Corpo rat, Dirt girl, Slacker and so on. And in the middle of them is some guy named Stefan or some other "real" name, and you know that is some character important to game play. That thing breaks whole picture of "real living world" because i know that i need to talk to him to get some missions and that other NPS are just there to fill the space so it isn't empty.

But overall, really enjoyed gameplay, watched if five times, and now is time for the sixth :)

Not sure what this post is attempting to accomplish -complaining that men in Night City are scum - except for Stout, she is super scum, murderous, treacherous, etc, one of the - if not the - absolute worst people in the demo. You missed that apparently.
I think he wants to see more "regular" enemies who are also of female gender. Aside from non-combat NPCs and one corpo woman we didn't really see any of them.

One thing in the whole immersion of the world that bothered me were the names of the people.
You see people on the street named like, Corpo rat, Dirt girl, Slacker and so on. And in the middle of them is some guy named Stefan or some other "real" name, and you know that is some character important to game play. That thing breaks whole picture of "real living world" because i know that i need to talk to him to get some missions and that other NPS are just there to fill the space so it isn't empty.
You're absolutely right, we shouldn't know his name, or that he's important until we are told. If he's just a giver of side quests and has no relation to the main plot (i.e Jackie, Meredith, Dex, etc don't mention him), he needs to be introduced diegetically- a flyer under the door advertising his wares, a conversation heard in passing between two other NPCs, him 'accidentally' bumping into you on the way to the doc, or something like that.

Last edited:
Hi!

But overall, really enjoyed gameplay, watched if five times, and now is time for the sixth :)
You're absolutely right, we shouldn't know his name, or that he's important until we are told. If he's just a giver of side quests and has no relation to the main plot (i.e Jackie, Meredith, Dex, etc don't mention him), he needs to be introduced diegetically- a flyer under the door advertising his wares, a conversation heard in passing between two other NPCs, him 'accidentally' bumping into you on the way to the doc, or something like that.
I also agree with you two, and loved the idea of randomly bumping into a person of interest (NPC); but the funny thing is that I watched a video that mentioned this exact same thing concerning Stefan's name standing out from the other more "normal" names; and I'd like to share it here with you.
At 7:30 he mentions another video he did and how it got a response from Mike Poundsmith's official reddit account suggesting it could be that NPCs with names are the ones the player already know; thus the reason we see his name.
Maybe it was just an suggestion, not an affirmative; but I hope it brings some light in this matter.

This is feedback that I am struggling to write... mainly because, I'm not all that impressed.

Here's the thing, first you claim that it is a RPG and not a shooter - yet most of what you've shown is: combat on a rail, like it is Mass Effect with a different skin. Then you have a narrator that goes on and on about open world, how there are different options and approaches to solving missions yet... what I see is that even if I choose the approach to buy the damn thing instead of shooting up the place, I still end up in combat resulting in what looks like a boring boss fight where you're told to shoot spot X. I'm not expecting PnP freedom here, because that's not possible in the way games are made or for the hardware that they're made for, but c'mon now - this (choosing to meet with someone or not meet with someone) is not "options" in my book.

If you wanted to impress me with the mechanics you would have shown how many ways and how different approaches to the mission had different outcomes. But you didn't. You showed combat that looked like the Division on maps that seems as linear as Mass Effect. You talked about item progression like we're playing WoW (my impression at least).

Here is what I can say though, the game looks absolutely stunning. I love the graphics, item design (save for the shotgun model - that looks awful) and the ambience/atmosphere is amazing. It's like finally there's a good visual representation of cyberpunk (and not only the game itself but the genre as a whole). One thing that stands out is named NPCs amidst the no-name NPCs, that should be changed. Give either visual or audio clues so that players have to look up NPCs themselves. Like that Stefan guy, he's already talking so give him some audio clues that can prompt the player to talk to him not - "Oh, look he's got a name, I've got to talk to him". The person above me mentioned that the NPCs might be characters we already know, if that's the case that should reflect in the actual dialogue in my opinion.

If you decide to go for another video and I sincerely hope that you do, here's what I want to see:
  • What else can I do besides side missions and main missions?
  • What kind of fluff content is there? How open and free is the open world? What consequences are there to actions (other than random attacks)?
  • How many different ways are there to completing a mission, how much does dialogue actually affect the outcome? Is there a way to "screw up" while still being able to finish the main story, just in a different way than was planned originally? Like taking a parallel path (my guess is no).
  • Show how the same mission from different approaches and if required, with different stats. How much would hacking have solved in the mission shown in the video?
  • How much do stats actually matter? Are they just used for things that are shown in the video or is there more to it?
  • Show how the game looks at night.
  • Explain items/weapons a little bit more
Point is: show the game - don't talk about it like you did in this demo, show it instead.

Back in the day, NWN (Neverwinter Nights) and Vampire: Redemption tried two rather fun things with multiplayer, where you had a Game Master who took control of NPCs at time, who wrote dialogue, progressed story, narrated and so on and so forth. I know MP isn't in the game yet, but I think that is something you should really consider. Might not work with the game as a whole, but it's a good idea that unfortunately seemed to get abandoned for scripted content.

From the looks of it, you have done Night City and cyberpunk (as a genre) an atmospheric justice, the ambience is spot on in my opinion. I just want to see the game that the narrator talks about because that is not shown.

Last edited:
I also agree with you two, and loved the idea of randomly bumping into a person of interest (NPC); but the funny thing is that I watched a video that mentioned this exact same thing concerning Stefan's name standing out from the other more "normal" names; and I'd like to share it here with you.
At 7:30 he mentions another video he did and how it got a response from Mike Poundsmith's official reddit account suggesting it could be that NPCs with names are the ones the player already know; thus the reason we see his name.
Maybe it was just an suggestion, not an affirmative; but I hope it brings some light in this matter.

Oh, well that makes sense and hope that is the case.
Thanks for reply and link. :)

7. Adjustment for more head bobbing. The character sliding around as if on rails looks iffy and mechanical.
i agree, we did see nudity, so a litle gore wouldn't hurt, like a bulet hile throu the head insted of just a missing head, more like in doom or in berserk manga ( well maybe no THAT gore but at least to the extand of that dead woman we see at the begening of the demo, the one the mistouk for the target.

Hello CD RED - I love you work , and love Witcher 3.

I really liked the demo version Cyber punk 2077.:love::love::love::love::love:

My suggestions for improvement Cyber punk 2077:

1. It is necessary to make more realistic damage by means of automatons and pistols:

a) if there is a bulletproof is use, then the damage be increased ( the enemy must die from 7 to 15 hits depending on the area of entry into the rib cage )
b) If the bulletproof no use, then the damage should be reduced (the enemy must die from 2 to 3 hits)
с) Hit in the head must kill instantly from one hit !!!
d) If the enemy is completely a robot, then he dies after 5-10 hits in the head, If you use piercing bullets, then 2-4 hits

! you did an excellent shotgun damage ! :love:

2. It would be great to be able to switch to a third-person view. As in GTA 5
We really liked the characters of the game Cyber punk 2077 We are players to have the opportunity to admire them.
We want to be able to switch between a first person view and a view from the third.

3. All characters from the demo are very charismatic - Do not change their appearance in any way :love::love::love::love::love:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
4. Please add as a dlc skins heroes witcher 3 as heroes 2077 for we of FANATS. (for example, they are unlocked after the complete passage of the game CP 2077):love:
5. we also expect the management of flying transport as it was in GTA 5 , Flying machines, flying motorcycles, conventional motorcycles with wheels ,armored cars, tanks. They would like to play (use in game).
6. ordinary walls (partitions between rooms) would like to be able to shoot at will
7. in the demo there was a moment when the girl was taken away by the doctors, It was great to expand such scenes - for example, the characters ask them to give a lift and they bring them to the right place !!!
8. in the demo was the time of the chase - it can also be expanded: the characters could return to the attacking truck to scan the dead, take their weapons, find the evidence of their base
9.in the game should be free movement around the city horizontally and vertically and on foot and on transport, which can be controlled
10.In the game there should not be boot screens, the world should be seamless. the loading should go as the player moves around the level.
11. It was great to see that MEREDITH - humane and responsive to our heroes V and Jakie (perhaps Love line), or they will become best friends with V (MEREDITH helps out with V).
Let many consider her (MEREDITH) selfish. I want to believe that she (MEREDITH) is a good person.
12.Characters (opponents) should react to hit bullets in them. They should be slightly discarded. (If they hit the enemy in the arm with a gun, then he can not shoot her , then 1-2 hits).
If the enemy is injured in the leg, then he begins to limp.
It's not so easy to do, but we believe in you. This is what many fans of your studio really want to see.
If you use bursting bullets, then after 5 hits, your hand came off .:love:
13. It would be nice to add in game process scene from electric train above city. (so that you'will can manage the character in electro train)
:love:
14. it is possible to expand the line of the rescued girl:
she was cured and she finds V, maybe helps her solve problems (a romantic line is possible)
It's not so easy to do, but we believe in you. This is what many fans of your studio really want to see.:love::love::love:

It's not so easy to do, but we believe in you. This is what many fans of your studio really want to see.

Last edited:
i agree, we did see nudity, so a litle gore wouldn't hurt, like a bulet hile throu the head insted of just a missing head, more like in doom or in berserk manga ( well maybe no THAT gore but at least to the extand of that dead woman we see at the begening of the demo, the one the mistouk for the target.

I meant the camera wobbling while moving. There was dismemberment and decapitation in the demo video.

But I would agree otherwise with the general sentiment. There should be greater impact on bullets hitting, regardless of if it is head or limb or torso... and the pace of combat should be (much) slower for the player to have time to witness it.

And of course, it should work both ways. The player should stagger when he gets hit.

Am I the only one that find those things really annoying and unrealistic. It’s just really really weird, I hope it’s just not possible in the main game. It’s like very bad.

I also think the same about the writing, I just think it’s stereotypical, cheesy unrealistic writing

What do you guys think ?

First up, what I loved: Well...nearly everything, really. I love the feel, the atmosphere, the dialogue, the look of the tech the sense of progress from 2020...It was great.

As for suggestions:

1. Exotic Fashion. Claws, fur, teeth, eyes, tails. All exist in 2020. Could be fun. Although, in 2020 it takes weeks for such invasive surgery, but, who knows how far technology has come by 2077.

2. I kind of don't really like the gun-room. It seems out of place. Maybe a vending machine or a hidden gun rack of some sort. Maybe like a hidden rotating cylinder of weapons that brings up a weapon of your choice from a little monitor.

3. Ability to buy bigger/better apartments and maybe customize your pad.

4. Cheats. Maybe not something like invulnerability, but it IS Cyberpunk and Rule 4 is "Break the Rules." Yes, you could make them turn of trophies/achievements, and you could do it in-game with like a message that reads something like "Warning, these hacks/cheats contain a virus which disables tracking your achievements/progress, use at your own risk." And you scatter them throughout Night City. Maybe have the for purchase at black market vendors.

5. Jackie's Gender - Jackie is a pretty gender neutral name and I think it'd be fun to be able to pick their gender.

6. How about the ability to own a garage to keep a bunch of our sweet rides.

Last edited:
I would really want the smart gun removed or changed. It reminds me of the smart pistol in Titanfall. A gun that shoots bullets that follow the target is not fun, it's boring, it requires no skill, it just seems like a cheat to me. I know I can simply not use it but it just seems like a bad gun. There's no need for it. Please consider changing it.

Agreed. "Smart fire" should at most be an alternate fire option that uses batteries, or some other limited energy source, so there's actual tact and strategy for using it, not just 'press fire to win'. Also, it shouldn't just auto target whatever enemy is nearby, but should require the player to first shoot/mark their target, like the "memory" function from the gun in Fifth Element.

Additionally, it'd be pretty cool to be able to post smart guns up as wall turrets, like the laptop gun from Perfect Dark, and then fire them remotely to flank and/or distract enemies.

1. Night city in the daylight looks too clean and new, there needs to be more filth and dirt and grime.
2. Even in broad daylight shouldn't there be a haze of smog that softens or blocks the light.
3. Street language?? Maybe NPC background chatter in a Eurasian mishmash street language?

Other than those everything looks amazing. These things are more of an immersion thing, really draw the world together. I grew up playing both cyberpunk 2020, Gurps Cyberpunk, and reading a lot of this genre. I also live in present day Northern California and can say your night city looks cleaner than it is today.

I don't like that players can't kill some npcs despite being able to interact with them, in my opinion that is really bothersome and i think a missed opportunity in allowing an exercise in choice and consequence. To me it feels cheap and takes me out of the experience.

Also... i think saying cyber-psychosis will/can impact v but psycho can't are a bit irreducible thoughts. It's like saying eating ice cream without ice cream or having your cake and eating it too. Exactly explain how that works in a narrative/game play point of view. If it is just that you have a point limit that once you exceed said limits, out of nowhere people will say "sorry i can't do that" simply because of arbitrary limit has been reached, i'm going to be pissed. I think what you should do is make it so it comes in tiers and have dramatic consequence for becoming more machine or not being as machine like. Whispers,paranoia, abrasive during dialogue, glitches in your hud, callous and cold. These are just some things that can lead down the path of that mental illness.

I don't want another game with ludo-narrative dissonance. For those who don't know it's like in bioshock infinite where the main protagonist hated war and violence but engages in that in extreme and unique ways during the entire game. Basically when the narrative and the gameplay show two different stories of their own.

Have to where you can start off with absolutely no crosshairs but get a mod that allows you use many different looking types of crosshairs.

What I'm hoping for is tons of Mobility. almost like a parkour kind of thing I like the wall running. I may be like a spider walk type of thing.

I also hope that the driving is smooth and fun. And I really hope they're able to implement flying vehicles. Or possibly jetpacks or something after that extent.

Hi!

Agreed. In regards to " living world", I would add that it is very important for night city to feel like a living city(and not just an empty playground), more so than the world of Witcher. That is mostly achieved with 2 things and first of the 2 and the most important one: interesting sidequests, activities and stories of night city that are not part of the main campaign. We all know CDPR will NAIL this, like they did with W3. It would be really interesting to go somewhere that the main campaign does not dictate you to go and fine an interesting scene and start investigating (with no questgiver) or find a person of interest and start chatting and it turns out that they have a job for you and that takes you into a rabbit hole etc. I think that will flesh out Night city as a living place. The second thing is interactivity. Imo there needs to be a bit of interactivity with the world. I know we can't have everything and the first point is more important and is what distinguishes CDPR , but still, it would be nice to have some level of interactivity.

Good point. Ideally, such specific names should appear only after you actually know their names! Otherwise, it is a bit jarring to see. Just have the guy do/say things that make him stand out rather than light him up with a name, that seems very immersion breaking. The name can appear after you have spoken with him at least once.

sidequest cat.jpg

Top Bottom