Night City crowd diversity system

+
Hey, so are we going to be only seeing men and women of an average age, same height, similar walking style going about the streets of Night City?

or

Are we going to also see elderly people, children, disabled, overly-augmented people with robotic walking style ?
How about any animals ? - cats, dogs, birds, exotic animals, robotic animals ?

Thanks

Screenshot (32).png

Screenshot (33).png

i'm pretty sure you will find some of them in the game (y)

well clearly the guy on the wheelchair isnt a random npc like u will see everywhere.
I guess its still pre-alpha even though i agree with you this crowd feels too bland. Id be bored as hell with a crowd like this.
Once you realized theyr all the same is like theyr not there at all.

Well they do aim for very dense crowd and I think we would get more models and variaty too. Even tho in demo you can see clones even if you didn't pay that much attention.

They have place-holders for many things maybe they dont have enough models atm ? When devs show a game early in development often the rest u dont see is atrocious... I'm more concerned about behavior than repeating models for now cause it suggest mo-cap sessions. I dont know if they have their own studio but they really have to get out of their way to add more animations if they've not been recorded. But creating a model is easier ?

if they go by witcher 3 pr it will be out mid 2020... theres still time ;p

somehow its very hard or demanding to have randomized pedestrians. not a dev but i would assume having the machine pick from different pools of options is too taxing. maybe someone can explain to us why that is.

It could be they have more variety by now and just keeping it secret. But it would be so obvious for anyone to spot clones if ur actually inside playing the game. I'm confident CD red knows this. Great spotting the cat haha. What other stuff did u guys find

somehow its very hard or demanding to have randomized pedestrians. not a dev but i would assume having the machine pick from different pools of options is too taxing. maybe someone can explain to us why that is.
Procedural generation can take a bit of time to generate 'random content', depending on the size and scope of what needs to be generated (which is why NMS and Minecraft take a while to load), this is a bad thing when you don't want any loading screens.

The biggest thing, however, is simply the amount memory it takes to have enough unique textures, animations, sounds, etc to make each NPC look like an individual.

Procedural generation can take a bit of time to generate 'random content', depending on the size and scope of what needs to be generated (which is why NMS and Minecraft take a while to load), this is a bad thing when you don't want any loading screens.

The biggest thing, however, is simply the amount memory it takes to have enough unique textures, animations, sounds, etc to make each NPC look like an individual.

i guess this is why when you're driving a red car in gta all other cars are also red. so its a RAM thing got it.

Only I was bothered with the repeated NPCs? I hope CD can improve this..
npcs_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

I would also like NPCs more alive interacting with the world.. not just aimless walkers =/

I agree with SnogardragonS on this matter. Having so much means that every once in a while, you are bound to find some duplicates. Skyrim also has many unique characters, but you can tell that many of them use the same voice actor and similar 3D model. But it does not bother me because I enjoy the game for what it is. But we will have to wait and see when Cyberpunk released.

I believe how NPCs work is usually you have a set of Hero NPCs which give you missions and can be immortal, like Aela in Skyrim. Then you have some minor, killable NPCs which can also give you missions and then you have everyone else which, theoretically should consist of randomly generated parts, but it's more of randomly generated NPCs from a pool of pre-created ones. (Probably due to the resources and processing power it would take to actually created randomly generated NPCs out of parts. Especially in something like Cyberpunk 2077 where you have lots of different cybernetic implants and stuff.) Now, you can REDUCE the likelihood of duplicates by simply increasing the pool of randoms, but, even then, especially if you increase the number of NPCs to help a busy, bustling city FEEL like a busy bustling city, then you increase the chances of duplicates. But, if CP2077 is in pre-alpha, again, by the time it comes out, the Random NPC pool could increase to the point where the likelihood of running into duplicates is rare, or should be. Of course, there's a chance that some bugs might pop up that accidentally increase the chances of duplicates, but who knows.

Generally processing speed is going to limit things like this, however CyberPunk is a world where cosmetic surgery is both common and cheap, so maybe I'll just view it as people seeing the same face in the catalogue and saying "That face! I want to look like that!"

Kind of like running into someone with the same haircut or jacket - your appearance is almost as malleable in CP.

- Shane

Top Bottom