Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay video was really fun to watch, I sadly don't have much time for playing video games anymore (ironic since i'm working for a video game publisher now, lol) but I am definitely going to carve out some time to play Cyperpunk 2077. V's voice actress was great, the quest seemed pretty interesting too (I'm guessing it's the equivalent of the Griffin contract in White Orchard).

Nice work CDPR!

I don't know where to post this and I don't feel like creating a thread for it but are you planning to make the gamescom demo available as well (the one with the male V set during the night and the katana)?

And, as usual, the commentator has no clue what an RPG is.
The game has stats, it's an RPG !

So true.
A game like Shenmue with no stats and barely any inventory has more RPG to them that some games that says they are.
It's not the stats or the skills that matters, but how deep the game world is and how far you can live a story (with multiples sides of it) inside it.
Even if you follow a single story line, the world is deep enought so you can lose yourself in it, and discovers hidden stuff inside it (like the duck race, etc...)

A game like Deus Ex with skills somewhat but only a "one rail" story isn't an RPG for me, even Fallout strayed away from the RPG scene since New Vegas (you can do everyshit you want, you'll always follow a single track). It's not because hardware limitation, but because they want you to stick on your rollercoaster-rail from A to B.

Where New Vegas was a TRUE RPG in the "Roleplay" meaning, lots of branchs to explore and the world would reacts to the stuff you did, so you felt in control of your own story even tho you just pushed the main story further.

I really hope Cyberpunk 2077 will keep that sense of "control" over our own game story, not forces us on a path, now yep it would break the "RPG" point.

I'm 99% sure CDPR will give us a good amount of control over our characters decisions, and make many of them have consequences. Obviously I'm less then thrilled that combat is completely divorced from RPG style game mechanics. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the need for shooter mechanics as an option, many (most?) players don't understand anything else. But the total lack of an RPG option is disappointing (to put it mildly).

So from a "story" angle I'm still quite happy with things.

Super hyper mind drive. I loved the books, loved the table top game, and I have been wanting this game since first trailer. Everything in the pre-alpha play through was completely a mouth watering experience. I knew CD Project Red would be the only company capable of pulling this game off. I have only ever pre-ordered four games in my life, and two were Witcher 2 and Witcher 3. When will I get to sign on the dotted line for this game.

Thank you guys for your labor, and bless you with success and fortune. (Also never sign with EA please lol)

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_cyberpunk_2077_48_minutes_of_gameplay-42749_en.html
Gameplay demo in high quality.
17GB of raw awesomeness right there
But only 1080p? Well, i'll DL it, and hope that it is better quality than the 4k from YT. Thanks!

It is. There's no 4K version, it was captured in 1080p. CDPRed only used the 4K upscale option of Youtube to benefit from the higher bitrate because in 1080p the bitrate/compression is really bad.
Almost 50 Mbps in the big video from Gamersyde, you won't get better elsewhere and definitely not on Youtube, even the Gamersyde stream is better.

Because we don't have much info about the netrunner skills and gameplay in Cyberpunk 2077, Eurogamer made a video talking about that class from the pen-and-paper RPG CP2020 and how it could translate into the game.

Hello, Edgerunners! This is our provisional thread of assorted Media and Reports and discussion of same. You may -also- make threads to focus on what interview interests you, but we will (eventually) merge those here so as to reduce clutter - and archive the discussion for posterity.

FIRST: The Gameplay Demo! 48 minutes long!!!

Starting with E3 and moving down along the timeline, the most recent at the bottom:

View attachment 10970156

1. From IGN:
E3 2018: First Cyberpunk 2077 Details: Game is a First-Person RPG, More

2. From IGN:
E3 2018: Cyberpunk 2077 Doesn't Look Like The Witcher, But It Does Look Incredible

3. Super Stills!
Hi rez screenshots from Gamersyde

4. From VG247:
Cyberpunk 2077 is a FPS with third-person vehicles, but don’t worry, it’s all RPG

5. From GameInformer
Cyberpunk 2077 Is Not What You Think – Impressions And Details From 50 Minutes Of Gameplay

6. VG247
Cyberpunk 2077: Banging, C-bombs and bullet-time – everything we know from 50 minutes of gameplay

7. KillaPenguin
You can invest in properties and end conversations with a bullet.

8. PC Gamer
Cyberpunk 2077: Everything we learned from the jam-packed E3 demo

9. E3 Coliseum video:

10. Eurogamer
We watched 50 minutes of uncut Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay and interviewed CD Projekt about it

11. Destructoid
Cyberpunk 2077's E3 demo was incredible and massive, here's everything we learned

12. Metro/GameCentral
Cyberpunk 2077 preview – the game of the (next) generation

13. RPGSite
Cyberpunk 2077 Impressions from E3 2018

14. Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Cyberpunk 2077’s demo at E3 was a vivid, drug-huffing first-person romp of guns and butts

15. PCWorld
Cyberpunk 2077: What we learned in the most mind-blowing game demo we've ever seen

16. Gamespot
E3 2018: Cyberpunk 2077 Is Even More Ambitious Than You Think It Is

17. YongYea
YongYea Ask Me Anything on the Trailer

18.Gamespot Summary
Everything We Know About Cyberpunk 2077

19. Interview with Art Designer
Cyberpunk will be Huge!

>Post E3

20. Mike Pondsmith Runs Cyberpunk 2020 for IGN!
Tabletop Style With The Master

21. Wcctech reports from Playstation Magazine that
CP2077 has a Ten Man Writing Team and Villains are Not Silly.

22. Polygon talked to MaxMike.
Mike Pondsmith played Cyberpunk 2077 - Beyond the Demo.

23. Multiplayer.it learns:
Cyberpunk 2077 will have Dynamic Weather (not yet player flown vehicles though)

24. GamesMaster magazine via wccftech tells us
Player choice more impactful in Cyberpunk 2077

>GAMESCOM

25. By way of Youtube, from IGN at Gamescom:
IGN Interviews Kyle Rowley: netrunning, cyberpsychosis

26. Nvidia has 4 minutes of 2077 - stats count in combat.
Gamescom Nvidia Interview

27. Engadget has Big News:
GAME IS PLAYABLE FROM START TO FINISH. YAY!

28. IGN covers demo differences:
E3 Demo to GC Demo - Why You Should Kill (Boosters) for Style

29. Ausgamers has a really well-written article
On The World Reacting To You and Why CP2077 Is Different

30. Eurogamer does a nice piece on their demo experience
Cyberpsychosis, In-demo choice, sexuality and the WASTELANDS are in!

31. VG247 has some great stuff:
Communities, Community Systems....and a desert!

32. Windows Central says Best Game of GC
"Could be a World Sim without equal"

33. IGN - Could be a Game Changer Video
Looks like the (Dark) Future of Gaming!

34. Wcctech - Has some summary of the German Interview
Shooting fine tuned by CS player and building inspiration from..

>Post Gameplay Demo

35. IGN talks to the Devs about the Gameplay Demo
So Now It's All Public!

36. Dualshockers talks to Patrick Mills
Looking into Motion Sickness and related issues.

Is that pre-order thing legit from #1 IGN link how come you can already pre-order the game that is barely in beta version?

Updating with news that CDPR is looking into motion-sickness and other visual issues.

https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-first-person/

Saw that. Very cool news. I'm sure they already know this, but just to reiterate for any stray dev that wanders by, here's some ways to make the situation better...

• Option to turn off/reduce head bob.
  • Ultra-wide FOV options (100+).
  • HUD toggle options (you've got this covered already, thanks!)
  • Option to turn off motion blur and other post-processing effects (was in TW3, probably already covered).

Shouldn't they be removed at least?
It's not that they aren't "legit." It's that they aren't official.

Websites list pre-orders for games that don't even have a release date all the time, and they put a placeholder date until they know. They aren't just stealing your money. When the game ships, they ship the game to you.

Well, obviously, it depends on the website. But places like Amazon are reliable and they list pre-orders way in advance. They don't need to be taken down because when the game comes out, you'll get it - usually on the same day, if it's from Amazon.

Couldn't see where else to put this, but with lots of the media and game reviewer sites being confused or misquoting it leaves many confused about what 2077 actually is or will be.

For example.
example.JPG

Remove the damage numbers but that's what we used to see in RPG's, so I think the damage numbers are essential, but not sure if they'll give you option to remove the damage numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom