The sheer scale of Night City

+
V's apartment is on a relatively low floor of the mega-structure.

It is not necessarily that low, it looks like the distance to the ripperdoc decreases from 189 to 159 meters while riding the elevator down, that would suggest like 100 meters vertical distance between the two locations.

It is not necessarily that low, it looks like the distance to the ripperdoc decreases from 189 to 159 meters while riding the elevator down, that would suggest like 100 meters vertical distance between the two locations.
Fair enough. Apartments aren't the highest option on the on the elevator too. I do like how the parking structure is visible, there's a good chance you'll see V's current car from the window.

It can be fun to speculate on this kind of topic, I have seen similar discussions at length on other games' forums. :) Until more information is released, we can do only so much with what is already known. On the topic, I added a grid to the map with rotated POIs where each cell is 1x1 km, this can be seen here. It is possible that the scale on this picture is still wrong, and All Food is in fact right next to M1, that would make the map area in km2 somewhat bigger.

The map you link looks accurate. The location of Allfoods looks good specifically; there are railways on either side. While the Metro Map's rails are not to scale (as any metro), we at least know there are rail lines in that general area.
1536423891218.png

If those are these will also be:

1536423797599.png

View attachment 10976864

Regarding the mega-structure, these are the elevator destinations.

Despite the building having several dozen levels you're only able to visit a few of them. There's stairs between the various floors of 'apartments,' so it can be assumed each elevator destination will consist of several floors.

Maybe that was for demo purpose. The little arrows on the button's left may open a new "menu" with floors. Just a thought I have re-watching the gameplay

Sorry, I mean the "arrows" on the left of each button, those little triangles. You think there will be more than one elevator to take to reach top floor?
Probably "apartments" have a submenu where you can choose floor. On top you can read "current floor". I think they dont want to show for now how many floors are in. Sorry my bad english.

While the Metro Map's rails are not to scale (as any metro), we at least know there are rail lines in that general area.

Yes, it looks like there are inconsistencies either way, the metro map does not seem very reliable. Shrinking the scale of the POIs fixes some problems, but there are then others. In particular, I cannot place the train view location (large red dot) in any way that matches everything correctly.

In particular, I cannot place the train view location (large red dot) in any way that matches everything correctly.
I still think the large red dot is not where the train is during the view, but the next train stop for the train travelling south on the Red Line. The location of the train view has to be a fair bit north of where that red dot is. You can tell by keeping an eye on the compass during the car chase/ride, and comparing the images from the demo "view" scene from the car and the trailer "view" scene from the train.

Last edited:
I did move the train position on this map, but the odd thing is that the train seems to be moving parallel to the side of Orbital Air that faces the city center, so that would have to be "down" on the map. Another notable bit is that right after exiting the tunnel, the train passes by a building with antennae on the roof. This building, which is a dark blue dot on my map, has to be quite close (maybe 100 meters) based on how fast it moves out of view. It is also visible in the gameplay demo after 26:01, and the car passes right next to it at 26:16.

I think the bridge that is seen at 26:20 crossing the water into the city center is a part of M1, and the same line could also be on one of the overpasses to the left, but it is not easy to see clearly. It may in fact continue more to the N first and only take a turn at All Food. The other map below makes that assumption, and in some ways looks better, but this time the train is too far from the antenna building.
cp2077map8.jpg
I do not rule out the possibility that the trailer was made with a special build of the game, where a short section of the metro line was placed in a way that gives a good looking view of the city, so it might not be representative of the actual game.

I have the night city source book for the Rpg. and ill tell you right way it is not the same city there is no Wattson district as far as i know, identified or mentioned there is West brook , North Oak . South Night City , Rancho Coronado, Pacifica and Heywood.

the map given of night city down town area is over 20 districts or controlled urban areas and each one every building block by block in detail is labled with a description of what goes on in each building! that is the Level of Detail we are talking about here.. each area has a list of people of interest, each area has tables for random encounters for day and night time unique to that part of the city.

the map provided takes up a small northern corner of South Night City where it says downtown well this box fits into that upper right hand corner. to my knowledge the southern areas of the Urban controlled zones where considered the combat zone.

these maps dont line up with this map

oh and you can click on and zoom in on this map just FYI

Last edited:
I have the night city source book for the Rpg. and ill tell you right way it is not the same city there is no Wattson district as far as i know, identified or mentioned there is West brook , North Oak . South Night City , Rancho Coronado, Pacifica and Heywood. the map provided takes up a small northern corner of South Night where it says downtown to my knowledge southern area of the Urban controlled zones was considered the combat zone.

You are right it isn't it the same city it is 50 years in the future (in some ways)....and you have to take into account what happened in the fourth corporate war especially at the end. The city district map posted is no longer valid because it is no longer 2020, a lot has happened since and the fact that some liberties are at play. (The first map however is very telling if you pair it with the metro map from the E3 trailer)

Cyberpunk-2077-Night-City-Metro-Map.jpg

Watson is a new zone in name and general area but it is in the book, former industrial area as is stated in the demo also puts it south and a lot closer to the old city center/districts than the new city center.

Now they could just be using parts of it as their own nightcity sure, but if you look in the water where the Orbital air space center is, and where Pacifica and Heywood are. That puts them more in the San Morro bay area rather than del Coronado. and definitely a lot more condensed obviously since it is a video game.

Slightly tweaked map, with screenshots that show the marked locations (link to original file with less compression):
cp2077map9.jpg
It is not perfect, there are some inconsistencies, but it should be enough to give a general idea how large the city is and approximately where the demo locations are on the metro map.

Last edited:
If I had to guess I would say the new city center is located right at the nexus where South Night city and Haywood and Westbrook meet. and it just expands out from there .. that is what makes sense to me. but to be honest ,it still doesn't match up to the geography of the first map. North oak and Westbrook lines should be longer and reach farther than the Watson Line If Watson is in the Vicinity of the old City of cyberpunk 2020. And it looks like North Oak has been moved too the outside of Westbrook.

Click on image to zoom in on metro map only

Last edited:
Watched the demo closer. A few things.

1. I don't think the All Foods is as close to the Northside Industrial district as we'd initially been thinking. The meeting place with Strout is only about 100m north/northwest of the dam at the top of the canal. And All Foods is only about 250m northeast of the meeting place. So it's only in total about 350m from the north end of that canal. Considering it's 1350m from the start of the corner of the canal to All Foods ... All Foods can't be THAT close to the NID. Also I think the Red Line is in the background at 31:30 right as you approach All Foods warehouse. Which would be consistent with this conclusion, as we still have to be west of the red line.
2. When Dex is riding with V in the car, you see them twice pass the "Masala Studios" establishment V can see as she exits her apartment. See: 12:52, 14:58 & 16:02.
3. I agree that the Metro Map is not quite accurate as far as N/S/E/W goes when looking at the compass.

The best I can tell, this is the path V takes in the demo.

Night City Metro7 (2).png

Again this assumes the metro map is somewhere close to scale.

Last edited:
Watched the demo closer. A few things.

1. I don't think the All Foods is as close to the Northside Industrial district as we'd initially been thinking. The meeting place with Strout is only about 100m north/northwest of the dame at the top of the canal. And All Foods is only about 250m northeast of the meeting place. So it's only in total about 350m from the north end of that canal. Considering it's 1350m from the start of the corner of the canal to All Foods ... All Foods can be THAT close to the NID. Also I think the Red Line is in the background at 31:30 right as you approach All Foods warehouse. Which would be consistent with this conclusion, as we still have to be west of the red line.
2. When Dex is riding with V in the car, you see them twice pass the "Masala Studios" establishment V can see as she exits her apartment. See: 12:52, 14:58 & 16:02.
3. I agree that the Metro Map is not quite accurate as far as N/S/E/W goes when looking at the compass.

The best I can tell, this is the path V takes in the demo.

Holy shit it’s big as fuck

If I understand it right, on this picture N should be in the top left corner? Since the car goes N most of the time after the ambush. So far, I followed @pushbak's suggestion that N is to the top right, which seemed to make sense, although I could not place the location of the train view in the trailer in a way that is not inconsistent with something.

By the way, I tried to find where the Orbital Air building (visible on the first picture below, in the background near the center) is relative to the other locations. It is a few degrees to the W from S at the panning view (first picture), and when viewed at the same angle from All Food, it appears 1.4 times smaller (second and third pictures). I used these bits of information on the map in my previous post, so it is now approximately where it should be according to the metro map. But it is also apparent now that this building and those in front with the Arasaka logo have to be very large.
shot0008.jpg

shot0009.jpg

shot0010.jpg

shot0015.jpg
On the fourth picture just above, I think the bridge to the right is the M1 line as it crosses the water and enters the city center area. It may continue in the same direction all the way to All Food, or it could be on one of the overpasses parallel to the road on the left, I am not entirely sure, perhaps the former as it might be seen in the background for a moment at the meeting point. Edit: in that case, the POI distances may need to be scaled down further relative to the map, but only by a few percents.

Last edited:
I think the map we see on the train might not be accurate as it is more for the metro train map then a complete map of the city.

For comparison:
cp77tesv.jpg
Of course, this should be taken with a grain of salt considering all the guesswork regarding the scale and that the metro map is not quite perfect, but if the in game marker distances are accurate in meters, then it should not be very far off.

For comparison:
Of course, this should be taken with a grain of salt considering all the guesswork regarding the scale and that the metro map is not quite perfect, but if the in game marker distances are accurate in meters, then it should not be very far off.
I'll be happy if something of that size is FULL (literally) of buildings with options to get in. Soooooo happy.

Top Bottom