GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pawel,
could you tell me something about King Henselt? Does he get a new ability or keeps his current one and we get the old winch back to create machines? Also I can't wait to see the 3D model for him. :)

BR
Pat

Hey Pawel,

If there are no Redanians in HC, and you said that dryads will also be taking a break, does that mean that Eithne is going on a roadtrip with Radovid (to Africa)?

Ty for the all the replies in the thread!

Edit: A continuation of the question above, if dryads end up getting removed, will Milva be staying in the game (she is human, but also a part of Brokilon)? I am a very big fan of her character in the books :)

Edit 2: One of the previous questions that I have posted from last week, maybe you are not in the position to answer it (or just didn't see it), but here goes nothing :D
Will leaders perhaps work in a way that they can be used when a certain threshold is met? For instance, if you activate the deathwish ability on 10 units, you get to use your Leshen leader ability, or some passive ability is activated?
  • No changes for Scoia'tael, so no trips to Africa this time ;)
  • So dryads are staying
  • No threshold abilities planned

Yes, the Redanian forces will be retreating and the Lyrian and Rivian army will be stepping in :)

We'll see about the ambush part ;)

Could you leek in what form the Redanian army will return in future? As a brand new faction or an archetype inside NR faction? ;)

1. Are Wildhunt units getting removed/cut?

2. Is Woodland Spirit a temporary replacement for Dagon or permanent?

3. Are dwarves still part of Scoia'tael and present in HC?

4. Are cards still getting cut/removed as of right now or is the Base set complete?

5. Any other notable character that won't be apart of HC? give me something....

6. Might be a strange question but can the same leader battle itself? Is that the fix to coin flip against same leader?

1. No
2. Permanent
3. Yes
4. Complete
5. Not that I know of
6. They can battle against each other. This is not the coinflip fix

1. What will happen to silver witchers and crones in HC considering the fact that the silver cards will be removed, will they become bronze cards and keep their ability (eg. play Eskel and summon Lambert and Vesemir) or will they become gold cards with new abilities?
2.Will there be bronze cards that are limited to 1 copy?
3.Since Radovid,Dijkstra,Phillipa and Shani are going on a vacation does that mean that Redania will become it's own faction sometime in the future?

1. They are golds with unique abilities
2. No
3. We'll see

Dear Burza,
Please consider this as a serious legitimate question and please answer. How dare you????? :p
Swordmaster is my most favourite unit. You should tell us now what is the new ability of Swordmaster. Please.
Thanks

Elven Swordmaster (WIP)
Order: Deal 1 damage to enemy. Cooldown: 2 If target died, reduce cooldown by 1 turn.

Hello Pawel,

sometime ago you already confirmed that Kambi and Hemdall will be separate cards, so I want to ask if they will be in HC and if yes, will Hemdall be loyal unit? His voicelines are so badass and I want him on my side of the board. :p

They will be in HC and yes, loyal :)

Hello Mr. Burza
Got just 1 question :
First we heard we will get full refund on scraps and powder with HC, now we know we will get only scraps. Why you can't let us decide how we want mill our cards before HC by letting us manually mill cards we want few days before HC launch? You can do it so easily by adding for few days possibility to mill cards for full value the same way you did it so many times in past when cards was nerfed.
That way some ppl will mill cards manually if they prefer powder or they just keep collection for auto mill for scraps only when HC launch. Every1 happy
Regards

We will do the process for everybody, a time window is tricky, because some players might not make it in the given time and won't be later able to mill their cards for full mill. We decided that it's best to have scraps only and not scraps and powder.

Hi:)
Was having a guaranteed gold slot in opening hand for consistency considered (love the idea of more mulligans)?

What will the game look like as time goes on, will there be 30 different factions or like hearthstone will there be hard cap
and i really dislike hearthstones rotating formats as all my collection that i put money in is useless as it rotates to wild (which no one plays)?

Have the design team discussed how to make create work like maybe earning some kind of currency ( which the opponent could disrupt/limit ) to buy cards from a set of random options ( which both players could see) --- maybe allowing the opponent time to react to created cards by having a countdown timer on them when in the hand before they are played?

One thing that worries me about the HC changes so far is the change from 3 to 2 rows, as there have been some fun ideas on reddit using positioning and the 3 rows and I looked forward to the design team exploring that space (Reach would be way cooler with 3 rows i think). Could a HC video could be made to show some gameplay that led to the design team removing a row?

Is 2 rows and not 3 set in stone or is there a possibility it could be 3 again? :D(y)

- No
- Well if the card pool gets bigger we will have to start rotating, but that's the future
- No
- No, 2 rows are set in stone and everything is being designed with 2 in mind :)

Hey Burza
I have another question about thronebreaker. Are you able to say if we are able to collect everything in a single playthrough? Or will it encourage replayability.
Thanks mate

You can have different world stats by the end of the game, so that should encourage replayability.

Last edited:
Does this mean that there will be multiple "sessions" of closed PTR as you put in changes from feedback?

Also, are you sure that a short open PTR will be enough to balance and fix bugs that might appear?

- Maybe
- We won't have more time before release, Open PTR is there mainly to do small balance tweaks and bugs, from previous experience a couple days is enough to find the most pressing problems.

Hey Pawel,
since we will get only scraps at the HC release, will meteroite powder still exist and beeing used to transmute cards?
Post automatically merged:

So wait, if a premium card is milled we don’t get our Meteorite Powder back for it??? Or do we get the scrap cost of making the premium card? If a premium gold is milled for Homecoming, are we getting 800 Scrap, 1600 scrap, or 800 scrap and 400 powder?
You will get Scrap only (1600 for a legendary premium), he said this some time ago.

Hey Pawel
Are there any chances of adding Chinese(Simplified or Traditional) into the international version of Gwent at or after HC?

Hello Burza,

Will Gwent after homecoming be strategically more complex?

Will there be a new Redania or Vodjanoi faction (because you scrapped dagon from monsters and redanians from nr)?

Sir Pavko, a few more questions if i can :)

1. Do we know how many cards will bring thronebreaker to the Gwent? Dont need exact number, just want to know most likely will it be 20, 40, 60, 100 or 200?

2. Will These cards be qualified as a standard set, or will it be a "new expansion set"?

3. Will thronebreaker bring us new leaders?

4. All rarities or TB will bring us for example only golds?

5. Will Thronebreaker bring us new battlefields, or its not planned to implement any other beside faction battlefields?

6. Crones with new abilities still have triple art, or arts have changed?

7. I dont have birthday today, but i need a leek about Hemdall ability, can you do it for me.... ?:)

Have a good day! :)

Hello Burza,

are there still cards in HC like currently The Guardian that mess with your deck if the oppnent plays it? Which ones?

Will there be an additional ingame currency besides dust, ore and scraps?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom