GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does that mean our premium leaders won't be milled for full value? Since they will be present in homecoming starter decks

What about other cards (bronze & gold) present in homecoming starter decks, they won't be considered for full mill value too?

Since you said, if we are missing cards from starter decks you will provide them, so it's a little confusing.

Thank you.

First we mill everything and then we add the starter decks - that's the current plan, but as always this is work in progress.

Hi, speaking for those who missed the legendary keg event, is there any chance to reopen the legendary keg event, even for just one hour before HC? This event was so fast and done at thursday, was travelling at work!!

Not planned atm -- sorry

Hello Burza,

Greetings to you and the whole of CDPR, you guys are the best game developers in the world!

I only have one question for you. Will a full collection of cards will cost more or less scrap/powder to craft in HC than it does now, or will it cost roughly the same?

Thanks again, and best wishes!

Values stay pretty much the same :)

I know you guys are reworking the look of gold cards since they were too similar to bronzes in the reveal video, but I have a more specific question about this.

First off, what I really liked about gold cards back in The Witcher 3 was the fact that they really stood out. They were flashy and had this awesome golden border around their strength value, which is now not the case anymore.

Will gold cards in Homecoming be a bit more similar to gold cards in The Witcher 3 again or will their look stay a bit more on the subtle side, like in the Homecoming reveal video?

We will stick to the new look for golds, but they will be standing out a bit more from bronzes :)

Hi Pawel!

1) Yesterday on a stream you said "No" to the question of whether there will be future THICC cards. Why? I'm sure a lot of people would like this. In the end, you can just make an option NSFW in the menu. The Witcher has always been an adult universe. Now the game has a rating of 16+. I do not see any reason why such cards can not appear in the future.
2) PR campaign begins with the video that we will see this week, or later?
3) Running a little forward: What can we expect after this video? Another video, or maybe stream?

I wish you a great work week!

1. This is a card game, pls :p
2. PR campaigns start closer to release
3. Streams and videos for sure

1 - So no more events from now on, eh? The last one was so short and sudden I almost missed it, almost felt like a kick in the b@!!$. Are we free to open our Kegs daily now?

2 - When Homecoming hits will the Epic and Legendary events go extinct and be nowhere to be seen anymore?

1. We'll see ;)
2. There will be some types of keg specific events, so no worries

Hello Pavel

Can you say
1) Did you rework Artefact Compression spell or maybe now it can be used only on bronze cards?

2) Will be epic token units in HC and if yes what border will it have?

thanks for your work

1) It has a totally different ability
2) No

Hello Burza:)

So far, i'm really excited for HC! I just worry about the conditions on PS4 or consoles in general, so i have three questions:

1) Do you think that with the whole order strategy, it's clunky to play with a controller? I mean you have to click seperately on all the cards with order. In combination with the time you need to think about your plays every turn, i see that it could be problematic to do everything in time because we only have around 1 minute per turn.

2) Will we need to have PS+ for when HC arrives? I mean other F2P games don't need it iirc.

3) Will we needPS+ for Thronebreaker since it is a seperate game?

Best regards and good luck:)

Hello Mr. Burza

1.) What is your opinion on streamers openly (but still on NDA) speaking that they have many issues with HC and that they are not very optimistic on it?

2.) You will probably not answer this but Swim has said he's 50/50 on moving over to Artifact or staying. What would the impact or gwent's biggest streaming leaving the game right after full release and a fresh start?

Hello Burza:)

So far, i'm really excited for HC! I just worry about the conditions on PS4 or consoles in general, so i have three questions:

1) Do you think that with the whole order strategy, it's clunky to play with a controller? I mean you have to click seperately on all the cards with order. In combination with the time you need to think about your plays every turn, i see that it could be problematic to do everything in time because we only have around 1 minute per turn.

2) Will we need to have PS+ for when HC arrives? I mean other F2P games don't need it iirc.

3) Will we needPS+ for Thronebreaker since it is a seperate game?

Best regards and good luck:)

1) Don't see it as sth problematic, it works with a controller
2) The aim is not have have PS+ to play
3) No it's a single player game

Hello Mr. Burza

1.) What is your opinion on streamers openly (but still on NDA) speaking that they have many issues with HC and that they are not very optimistic on it?

2.) You will probably not answer this but Swim has said he's 50/50 on moving over to Artifact or staying. What would the impact or gwent's biggest streaming leaving the game right after full release and a fresh start?

1) That's what the PTR was for, find issues and fix them, based on the feedback we got they said that they like the game, so I don't know where this info is coming from

2) If you watch the video he states that he still doesn't know that to do, regardless of the choice we'll be supporting Swim :)

Hey Burza:)

1) What was the reason you decided to show avatars and borders only in the profile/match making screen and not in the actual battlefield?

2) you mentioned one time, that NG will focus heavily on control. Does that mean we won't have other archetypes of NG other than control? Because a faction that is purely based on control would be kind of weak, since proactive plays are in general worth more than reactive ones.
Or did you mean control in a way The Guardian, Assire, Vico Medic do currently? So more in a way of disruppting strategies and mes with the opponents deck, rather than pure removal.
Please tell me my favourite faction doesn't only relly on control :)

3) Regarding the ranking system: will there be different ranks or will 21 stil be the highest? If it will be the highest, will it be easier, harder or equal to reach current ranks?

4) When the Art for Ruehin was discovered a lot of people we're really interested/hyped because the art was so great and horrifying. A lot of people even expected him as the new monster leader. When then the card was revealed during the stream, people we're pretty disappointed because of the boring and very weak effect of him that's basically only useful in very nieche scenariois/decks.
Is he going to changed and made more interesting and worth playing with HC? Is he maybe even becoming a leader? It would be a shame if this cool Art wasn't played more often.

Thanks and have a good day:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom