GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza,
Sorry for some negative feedback on the videos in advance.
Sincerely curious, do you have a card design group working separately from the art group?
It's really nice to have a fancy board.
Though some may feel weird putting cards on dirty ground. Not my opinion. What's done is done. Good enough for me.
My main concern is about the card's ability.
I bet a lot of people just pause the video to read the card's ability like me.
We couldn't resist even it seems still very ongoing comparing the fancy board.
Card game needs some complexity in my opinion. It feels good to get a great card value through combos and plans not just play cards for fixed value.
Some say you were just keeping those cards from us in the video.
One or two cards may seem to be engine cards. I just don't see many combo potential.
Will we see more of those cards?

Hi Pawel!

1. Today's Kotaku article says that TB's cards "won't carry over to multiplayer" Gwent. But I thought that a few TB cards will indeed be in Gwent and you can find the premiums in TB. Is that right? Or have you changed this?

2. Will the TB cards be available in Gwent if you don't buy TB? Like, can you craft them even though you don't own TB?

3. Also, in yesterday's HC video we saw the mention of "Traps". Will "Traps" be different from "Ambushes"?

4. From what we've seen of TB, it has a cellshading, slightly cartoon-y graphics style, similar to our current Gwent. As you're changing Gwent's graphics style with HC, will you also change TB's look to be more realistic and darker?

5. One last thing: Gnurrgard said that you do 500kg deadlifts. Is that true? ;)

Much love! <3

Last edited:
Hi Pawel!

one short question considering console players, or maybe two ;-)

Am I right to anticipate that all our cards will be milled on Dec 4th for full value no matter if I log in on that day or not? So will this happen automatically?

.....for instance if I log in the first time in December on Dec 10th do I still get the full value for all my cards, or will there be a specific time frame (Dec 4th - Dec 7th ?!?) in which one has to login and mill all the cards in order to get full value?

thx a lot for clarifying...

Last edited:
Dear Burza,
1) So, would all the voice lines from all the avatars go waste?
3) Was Dagon removed as a Leader as he won't be able to taunt properly, that poor guy?
4) Which SC leader will taunt 'Lackeys like you we coat in honey and tie you down an anthil'? (Please don't waste this. If Leaders can't, at least make Isengrim say that when he is deployed, as per Lore)
6) Just out of curiosity: Did the Legendary Card event fetch as much revenue as you guys thought? I sincerely hope it was a successful event for CDPR; it was definitely a successful one for the players.

1) We never waste assets :)
3) Nope, we have different plans for him :)
4) None I'm afraid
6) Yes it did :)

Question about thronebreaker or other single player modes: will it be possible to earn resources or cards from them for the multiplayer? I would love to expand my collection for multiplayer but I would much rather play single player modes to do so so I'm not as fussed about winning or losing.

20 cards get unlocked with the purchase of TB, but their premium versions can be found throughout the world :)

Just watched video #2, got a few questions for us console players:
1) How many kegs will we get when Homecoming releases?
2) Won't we miss out on ranked rewards for November, like titles and borders? What about those?

(General question)
3) How are leader cosmetics acquired? From ranking up/leaderboard position, by completing quests or by buying them with scraps or ore?

Also wanted to say that video got me really hyped about Homecoming! Everything looks amazing, great job guys!

1) More info regarding the number will follow
2) No, you'll get them
3) Still work in progress :)

What will happen with the old card borders? I liked them so much, they added flavor to the factions, now faction cards are indistinguishable from each other. Why are you guys taking it out of the game? Any chance they will be back as a customisation options in the future?

Hi Burza, will you change the site for a new game design, when you release Homecoming? You're have old pictures there.

Last edited:
Hey.
after the introduction of restrictions (removed the leader's card, removed the series, removed the binding to the series, cut the cards, reduced the number of cards) the game will become very simple, are not afraid that the players will lose interest in it?

Hi Burza. Good work with new video
I have question about tooltips on the card preview screen (e.g. deploy, melee etc). Can we turn it off and is there ideas to put something instead? It takes a lot of space.
Also what about avatars and borders, will we see it on board?
Thank you

Those tooltips are still work in progress, avatars and boarders on the vs screen and in your profile :)

Dear Pawel,

Thank you for the incredible announcement today!

On a side note, a question: in Homecoming, are you going to separate newcomers from veterans? I mean, there will possibly be a lot of new players, and they could easily get overwhelmed by the decks/cards of veteran players with all their scraps, etc. Perhaps, this would be a part of your transfer process to the new ladder system?

Thanks in advance and have a good day out there in the neighboring Poland! (I'm from Belarus)

Well everyone will be transferred to the new system, so if you're higher up in the ranked you will be starting from a higher rank then newcomers :)

A couple of questions after the video you guys released today:

1) Will it be possible to play Gwent on Win 10 version on the 23d of October?
2) If not, what happens to Gwent between the 23d of October and the 4th of December? Will we be able to play current Gwent in the meantime?
3) You showed us the leaders today but we still don't know how they actually work other than taunting and following your cursor. We saw Eithné use the bow to buff an elf on the board. Do Leaders have passive abilities or activated abilities? In the video it didn't seem like activating Eithné ability prevented the player from playing a card from hand...

Thanks!

1) We'll let you know more regarding this next week
2) Yes, you'll play the current version on consoles
3) You can activate her ability and play a card in the same turn :)

Hi, burza,I'm from Russia and sorry for my perfect English.
I really love this game and as any fan of this universe I care about one question:
Now is ranked season-warrior,then in October to start a new season,right?
Well,but answer me: there will be a new season-cat in October or season-warrior will be the last before HC?
Have a nice day!

- Yes seasons go on as normal :)

New video! Yaaaay! As always, I'm interested in new abilities, mostly :)
If you able, please tell us:
1. What exactly Eithne does? It looks like "Order: Boost ally by 4", but there must be Cooldown, right?
2. Can you leek Filavandrel's ability?
3. Blue Mountain Elite deals damage to enemy "if it is the only unit on its row". I'm not very good at English and can't recognize who must be the only unit on row: BME or its target?
4. Also, I've noticed that destroyed cards disappears with "banish" animation as well as removals in the hand. Does it mean that Alzur's Thunder and Manticore Venom do damage to base power or you just changed animation for destroyed/used cards?
5. And I still can't figure out, what does the number in circle mean? Well, that one, which is to the right from hand indicator.

1. Yes, but these are still WIP, so no leeks :)
2. Nope
3. Only unit on row
4. No, that's not the proper destroy animation simply
5. You have a pic? You mean the cooldown counter at the bottom of the card?

Greetings Burza.
The new video was great, kind of sad that console players will have to wait a little longer.

Got a new batch of questions for you:
1. Can you tell us how to obtain leader skins? Rank rewards? The new Trophy system you talked about before?

2. Will we also get new voice lines for leaders as rewards?

3. Was the delay due to the control scheme? Or something else?

4. Will console players still have ranked matches post pc launch? Also keg events and arena modes?

5. Will we still have new avatars in the future?

6. Noticed Ifrit was on the board. Or is he now just a fire elemental?

7. Will the points and focus be fixed by HC so they can be aligned to the board?

8. Finally, can we change camera angles on the board from player view to top view like now? Nothing against the new look, just curious.

Thanks Again Burza. Have a good day :)

1. We'll talk more soon about this :)
2. Yeah, a lot of VO's have been re-done
3. Certification mainly
4. Yes, they will be playing current version
5. Yes
6. Ifrit is Ifrit :)
7. Meaning?
8. Nope, you can only move the camera, but perspective is pretty much the same.

The abilities mostly seem quite simple, focused on either damage or boosts, especially with the lower card values. Are the cards you show just placeholders, a work in progress or is this just a set of cards from the starter decks? Are you showing them simple on purpose to not leek how gwent has actually changed to be more strategic and interesting?

And when are we going to see our first full gameplay footage of Homecoming? Will it be in the streams in October or maybe earlier in a video? Everyone agrees that the visual side of homecoming is great but many are worried or skeptical about the gameplay side of things.

Also will leader customization be full skins or parts of the leader? How will the leaders be displayed on the versus screen and deckbuilder, with cards or will they show up as their models?

Are leader challenges still planned for unlocks?

- Abilities are still work in progress
- Gameplay will come with streams not sooner, once we have the design more or less locked :)
- We're still working on the details :)

Hi, Burza.
You mentioned that there will be skins for leaders. (in the video)
You also mentioned that there will be new incentives for ladder. (in your answers)
Let me guess, are these skins the new ladder reward?
Thanks, have a nice day!

Maybe, maybe not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom