GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I wanted to know if the curse tag will still exist, if the tag mechanics will still exist, AND, if my favorite card (I dont think its ever been a good or meta or used card, but I almost just played a deck built around this card...) KAEDWENI REVENANT will still have the same(ish) mechanics (duplication triggered by spells).

I did love to use a lot of spell with few reliable creatures, but I also found there wasnt a lot of spell cards... I guess you will add some new cards as any aother card game :)

Thx, I like the game (and I,m pretty sure ill like the upcoming version of the game too) very much btw, and as a game dev myself I do understand its hard to satisfy every human with an opinion and stuff ;)

note: pardon my english, as I am french canadian

Cursed is a category, mechanics are not present in HC and Revenant has a new ability, but it's connected to the old one :)

Thank you for the kind words! :)

Hello

1. If it will by anything what will repleace "Veterans" in Skellige?
2. How big will be HC update? I don't have to much space on my tablet after last update :(
3. When You tell any requirements for Throne breaker?

Regards
AmraPL

Hello Burza!Long time no see!:D
This time I want to show you something,but you have to answer my questions first.;)
It‘s about seasons,now we noticed that seasons loop every year ,so will we have new seasons beyond the 12 seasons we already have?Such as season of Leshy,season of Vampires ?I’m hoping to see new borders of new seasons!

Waiting for your answers~:LOL:
And here is what I wanna show you!
View attachment 10978286
I drew a series border of 'Season of Siren'!:p

Not planned :) but I admire the work on the boarders! Really cool!

Hello Burza! I have a couple of questions for you.
1. Will we see Duda in Homecoming?
2. Could u tell us the ability of Chironex?
I hope y'all have a nice day!

1. Duda is with Zoltan
2. (WIP) Deploy: Deal 4 damage to a unit. Double the damage if you control Unicorn.

Hi Burza!

1- It has sense to denominate archetypes into the classic Rock-Paper-Scissors every card game had to this date (Control - Midrange- Aggro) now that we have provissions acting like a pseudo mana curve? I think it will be cool to have these dynamic of Cheap removal/ Strong finishers in gwent, kinda like the actual Bloody Baron, or at least someting less linear than the actual game.

2- Spells (Or removal, in general) ,due to how conditional it is to work , costs less provisions than actual units?

3- Is drain like the control-ish archetype for monsters, now that wild hunt is gone?

Thx and have a good day!

Hello,

Do you guys plan on doing some sort of a marketing campaign before/when homecoming hits to try and attract new & returning players?
If that’s the case would you be able to arrange a few sponsored streams with day9tv?

We are, but not plans to cooperate with Day9

Hy again Burza46,

Cursed is a category, mechanics are not present in HC and Revenant has a new ability, but it's connected to the old one :)

Thank you for the kind words! :)

I meant ''mechanics'' as in ''game mechanics'', so im confused with your answer... (also''tag'' is ''category'', understoud ;) )let me be more specific then: does HC will have card abilitys triggered or interacting with specific categories (exemple: resurect a Cursed card)

thx again!

OH! Great ONE! For honor and ELECTRIC BURZA!

Few questions for now:

1. Can we change a voice of our future avatars? (I am most dislike new voice of Iorwet, the old is the best)?

2. Is the card of Kven (shield) will be realised in HC? Or will be returned of mechanic of this Witcher Power?

For Gwent and Glory!

1. No, the leaders do the voices now :)
2. Nope

Dear Paweł Burza46 😊

You mentioned that the factions will be unique with their abilities and strategies i.e. :
- ST will have traps and boosts,
- NG will be control oriented (with spies?)
- SK will have ressurects (as well as strenghten?).

Can you elaborate a little bit on this topic?

Thanks in advance!

P. S. Sorry if this topic has already been explained. Didn't find it while scrolling through the forums...

I would wait for the streams, those will answer everything in full :)

It's the end of the month again, time for a new faction challenge. But why is it always faction 1 vs faction 2? Why not a general faction challenge where everybody can play what they want and the faction with the most wins will win the challenge? This way the meta wont be shifted so hard during this week.

Always faction vs faction :)

Will console players get access to the goodies included with Thronebreaker? (GWENT things, soundtrack, arts etc.)

Will we be able to get Thronebreaker combat music in multiplayer Gwent, either with Homecoming or perhaps as a selectable choice? (The same way Witcher 3 music is available)

Last edited:
Hello

1. If it will by anything what will repleace "Veterans" in Skellige?
2. How big will be HC update? I don't have to much space on my tablet after last update :(
3. When You tell any requirements for Throne breaker?

Regards
AmraPL

1. Maybe :)
2. We don't have full specs yet

Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (64 bit)
Processor: Intel Celeron G1820 | AMD A4-7300
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 | Radeon R7 240
Resolution: 1280 x 720 minimum display resolution
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Mouse, Keyboard

Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10 (64bit)
Processor: Intel Core i3 6100 | AMD FX-6300
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon R7 265
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Mouse, Keyboard

hello,
are we going to have a playerprofile still? and if so do we have a show card? and if we have a show card, will it be possible to choose tokens (shupe, or duda)?

This is a very abstract question, but if Thronebreaker is successful, could a Heroes of Might and Magic-like standalone game be a possibility with the same rules? We'd have a standalone for standalone for standalone game!

Hey Burza,

any news about the Windows app launch date? My guess is that it will be the same as for consoles because the account is connected with Xbox via "Xbox play anywhere" and as long as the console players will play the old gwent in the meantime you would have to use the same account for old gwent on consoles and new gwent on Windows app which is probably impossible due to ingame currency etc.

Hey Burza,

Is there a reason why Thronebreaker is not rated 16 + ? Since, the rating for gwent changed from 12 to 16 + back in may. Does this mean we wont hear swearing at all ? Also, are you guys still working on the writing and characterization ? Because imo, the characterization in the demo felt stiff, so what they said felt extremely unatural

Dear Mr. Burza,

Will there be another mode besides Story and Normal especially made with Veteran players in mind and if so, will it be available from the get go or do we have to unlock it by beating the game?

I thought everything that was shown about Thronebreaker yesterday was amazing and I can't wait to play the game myself, however there is one concern that I have after watching the footage:

In some of the gameplay videos, you could see that there was a choice between "Story" and "Normal" Difficulty, and even on "Normal" the gwent battles seemed very easy from a long time player's perspective.

For me personally, the only thing that could ruin thronebreaker would be if I could fall asleep while playing due to it being too easy. So I sincerly hope there is some kind of expert mode similar in difficulty to what the first two story events for multiplayer gwent had in store (The third one was WAY too easy). :)

I noticed during the gameplay previews, some cards have silver borders. Are they coming back or thats just for TB?
Will the pre-order bundle be available at consoles at a later date? I dont see it on ps store. Also, will the bonuses (avatars, premium kegs, soundtrack etc.) Be available on GOG only or pre-order only?

Thanks

1. From all the videos we have seen it seems like we select the cards in our hand and click on the position we want to drop it on, do we not have the option to drag and drop and it like we currently have?

2. I noticed that some visual effects like selecting board/card looks better in the Thronebreaker gameplay videos as compared to the Homecoming reveal videos. So are some of the visual effects like card placement and general movement still WIP for both Homecoming and Thronebreaker?

3. Is this how the Nilfgaard board looks in the multiplayer as well?

4. Is this an Artifact?
Screenshot_2.png
(screenshot taken from Thronebreaker video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom