GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
I know you guys might not have any DLCs planned right now, but is it possible that there will be some DLCs for thronebreaker in the future?

1) After HC is released, we upgrade our Gwent client and login and see that all the cards are milled. Would we have the basic cards crafted and ready or we will have to craft from card #1?
2) If we will have the basic cards crafted and ready, will it crafted from using the scraps that was got from milling or will it be like free basic cards?

Removed these questions from your post, as they have already been answered here.
According to current plan, after automill starter decks will be added for everyone.

8) Is there a battle on a bridge in which Meve uses Geralt card and win?
:ROFLMAO:
Good question!

rrc

Forum veteran
Removed these questions from your post, as they have already been answered here.
According to current plan, after automill starter decks will be added for everyone.
Draconifors, I saw that answer. I thoroughly follow Ask A Dev thread. My doubt was whether the basic pack is added as free or taken from the scraps obtained from milling? You have the confirmed answer?

You have the confirmed answer?

Technically, no.

But: it would be a pretty unkind thing to do to force everyone to spend scraps on all five starter decks
Also I'm sure Burza would have mentioned if the starter decks were going to deduct scraps; besides, it would be unfair to old players if only new players got the starter decks for free.

rrc

Forum veteran
Technically, no.

But: it would be a pretty unkind thing to do to force everyone to spend scraps on all five starter decks
Also I'm sure Burza would have mentioned if the starter decks were going to deduct scraps; besides, it would be unfair to old players if only new players got the starter decks for free.
Yes yes I agree and I also believe that to be the case.. but just wanted to confirm. That is why I asked the question. Thanks for referring the answer for others!

With the advent of Cross-Play coming to Playstation, do the Devs intend to get playstation accounts into the fold?

I would love to be able to log in on a PC (or maybe one day mobile!) and have access to all my hard earned goodies

Can you tell me what the difficulty settings are on Thronebreaker? Probably 3 difficulties like easy, normal, hard and perhaps a master setting?

This question has already been asked, pending an answer.

I know you guys might not have any DLCs planned right now, but is it possible that there will be some DLCs for thronebreaker in the future?

Too early too tell.

(Posts moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked.)

Hello. Will there be a new playing field for the Arena mode? How it exists now.

Arena mode will also be with two lanes, but the rest remains unchanged.

(Posts moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked.)

One simple question. When will the first stream with HC showcase start? We are only 3 weeks to release and there is a lot to present + open PTR.

Thanks

One simple question. When will the first stream with HC showcase start? We are only 3 weeks to release and there is a lot to present + open PTR.

Posts moved to the discussion thread because the question has already , pending an answer.

Are livestreams going to start this week? :D

If not then can we expect at least a video?

Can't wait for the 23rd, it's getting closer and closer every day! Hope everything is still going according to plan and the team isn't too stressed out and doesn't feel rushed!

Hey!
I'm curious about the milling strategy you are going with.
a) You guys said every card of our current collection will be milled for full scrap value.
b) You guys also said that we'll all get the starter decks.

If it is like that, we'll get a full starter collection's value for free.
Look at it this way: If I had made a new account now, then I'll get all the starter cards now, and even if don't play a single game on it, those cards will be milled for full value, and the account will get the new starter deck.
So basically it will have the scrap value of the whole starter collection for free.

Is this intended? Or maybe, do you craft our new starter decks from our scraps? That'd solve it.

I believe beta players should not recieve a whole starter collection's worth of scrap for free. Everyone should get the starter collection exactly once, and well - we already got it.
I know I speak against myself, but I believe if you want to reward beta players some way, it should be some special avatar/title/whatever rather than a lot of totally free collection value.

My question is: what do you plan to do regarding this issue?

Thanks for the answer in advance! Looking forward to HC & TB!
Nevyal

@Nevyal

This question has already been answered by Burza. For the sake of transparency, you whole collection will be auto-milled for full scraps and you will get the starter decks on top of that. CDPR is generous that way. On a side note, beta players have a head start regardless because they can have a lot of kegs saved up.

1. From all the videos we have seen it seems like we select the cards in our hand and click on the position we want to drop it on, do we not have the option to drag and drop and it like we currently have?
I join the question. Drag and drop is the key way of interaction with cards, which creates the feeling of real card.

can i open my kegs now or is it better to wait for another special kegs event before HC?

There is no special keg event planned before Homecoming.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered)

I join the question. Drag and drop is the key way of interaction with cards, which creates the feeling of real card.

Moved the post to the discussion thread because it's not a question.

Unrelated to HC and TB also not exactly a question but a suggestion that I know is probably currently not planned but would be nice to see further down the road!

Instead of timer appearing at last few seconds of the turn, which might cause some people with anexity to be a little panic-y and cause misplays, there could be an option to make the timer always visible so people would have a better grasp of the time left at any given moment

As always thanks! <3

Top Bottom