Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now available for pre-order!

+
Yeah, i wasnt too happy about the price either...

On the price speculation threads for all these months, i always stated that there was no way CDPR would charge more for Thronebreaker than for TW3's Season Pass, with full certainty... how wrong i was.

But still, buying day one, just like i promised over a year ago, since i never payed a single cent for Gwent and it gave me more entertainment than 99.9% of the games i played.
yyy? but im saying its cheap and you cant expect 30h+ game (probably like 50-60h in reality since its CDPR afterall) and physical version of artbook + shipping for 30$

rrc

Forum veteran

The Witcher World is Back!

Pre-orders for Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales are now available! Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will release on October 23rd on PC via GOG.COM. A console release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will follow on December 4th.

Make sure to visit the game’s official website — witchertales.com — to find additional information about the setting, characters, and gameplay!

Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics. The game spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms — Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.
Is there any unique perks for pre-ordering TB? A lot of people have asked and no answer from CDPR. If nothing is planned, at least be transparent and inform your community.

But pre-order made sense for hardware based game distribution (CD/DVD) so that people don't miss the first batch of CDs. That is the perk. For software based distribution, pre-order should have some unique perks. At least a unique border or title or some trinket. It doesn't need to be kegs or scraps or powder. Something to reward to the players who blindly trust you guys.

I had spent nearly 600 hours in Gwent and will definitely buy TB at the least on the day of release (or within a week if I get engrossed in HC). But I would expect you guys to respect and reward players who trust you with a pre-order. I will pre-order if there is a unique trinket or perk. That is 2 cents. Expecting CDPR to be at least transparent with the community.

Thanks!
RRC

[BTW, TB looked absolutely fantastic and mind-blowing]

Well, according to the german gaming website 4players.de (or rather a citation from Iwinski) there won't be any special perks for preorders. Everyone will get the Bonus items, preorder or purchase after release.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...exklusive_Gegenstaende_fuer_Vorbesteller.html

"Die Vorbestellungen starten noch heute und Thronebreaker enthält einige ziemlich tolle, digitale Extras. Allerdings - und ich denke, es ist wichtig, dies anzumerken - sind diese nicht exklusiv für Spieler, die vorbestellen. Beim Kauf unserer Produkte erhält jeder die gleichen Spielinhalte. Es spielt keine Rolle, ob man es vorbestellt oder nach dem Start kauft. Wir wollen niemanden mit dem Bullshit rund um exklusive Gegenstände locken."

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th sentences say that. Scroll further down, when to press the link and you'll find it.

For people asking about pre-order Bonuses it seems to be this

Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
Digital version of GWENT: Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse
Concept art, including the map of Lyria
The Witcher graphic novel “Fox Children” by Dark Horse
2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
5 premium kegs for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

Although, when I go to purchase it in GOG I don't see the Dark Horse artbook listed, is it not available to Australians?

For people asking about pre-order Bonuses it seems to be this

Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
Digital version of GWENT: Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse
Concept art, including the map of Lyria
The Witcher graphic novel “Fox Children” by Dark Horse
2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
5 premium kegs for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

Although, when I go to purchase it in GOG I don't see the Dark Horse artbook listed, is it not available to Australians?
All of this is also going to be avaible for people who buy the game after release though

Oh that's great, so my question still stands, how come Australia doesn't get the artbook?
Unfortunately, I don't know that. If I had to guess, maybe it's a mistake in the list and you will still get it? I mean, I don't see any reason why you wouldnt get the artbook.
Another wild guess would be that its content somehow violate australian law perhaps?

Raunbjorn

Oh that's great, so my question still stands, how come Australia doesn't get the artbook?
Unfortunately, I don't know that. If I had to guess, maybe it's a mistake in the list and you will still get it? I mean, I don't see any reason why you wouldnt get the artbook.
Another wild guess would be that its content somehow violate australian law perhaps?

That's my best bet as well. Australia have been known for banning games like GTA and this might very well be the same we're seeing here.

For those still interested in the question of 'pre-order perks', I'll just quote the official pre-order e-mail, which was sent to those who subscribe to announcements:
Marcin Iwiński said:
. . .Thronebreaker includes some pretty awesome digital goodies. However — and I think it’s important to add this — these are not exclusive to gamers who pre-order. When buying our games, everyone gets the same in-game content. Doesn’t matter if you pre-order it or buy it after launch. We don’t want to lure you in with ‘exclusive item’ bullshit. For us, pre-orders are all about the anticipation and excitement, and — most importantly — showing support for the studios and games you love. So, if what you see and read in the previews appeals to you, we welcome your pre-order with open arms. However, if you need more time and would rather wait for reviews, do take your time and buy post-launch — you won’t miss out on any of the goodies.

Here are the goodies listed in that same e-mail:
  • Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
  • Digital version of GWENT: Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse
  • Concept art, including the map of Lyria
  • The Witcher graphic novel "Fox Children" by Dark Horse
  • 2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
  • 2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
The same items are listed in a slightly different order on the GOG page.

As for the artbook, it might be included under 'concept art', as mentioned on GOG.com. However, if there are still concerns or questions over regional availability, or other pre-order details, please, contact GOG Support.

rrc

Forum veteran
Pre order bonuses are disgusting and anti consumer friendly so I'm super happy about them not including any sort of that.
Can you please tell us why you think it is disgusting? If there is absolutely no difference between pre-order and buying after release date, what is the point of pre-order (for a software distribution)? If pre-order gives something significant, lets say a card only possible via pre-order, it is bad, I agree. But a trinklet or a profile badge is not going to hurt. I am genuinely trying to understand your viewpoint. Shouldn't a company honor the loyal customers?

The only bad point could be, those who didn't pre-order may find it offending if a player comes in Gwent with a cool border or a title. (Then similar logic can be applied for people grinding and getting top 100 in a season and coming with super cool border and titles, right? I am just trying to understand). If players shouldn't be distinguishable in game, then at least a profile badge should be given. That is healthy from the company and the loyal customers can also feel great about pre-ordering (telling the world that they blindly trust a company and pay $30).

Can you please tell us why you think it is disgusting? If there is absolutely no difference between pre-order and buying after release date, what is the point of pre-order (for a software distribution)? If pre-order gives something significant, lets say a card only possible via pre-order, it is bad, I agree. But a trinklet or a profile badge is not going to hurt. I am genuinely trying to understand your viewpoint. Shouldn't a company honor the loyal customers?

The only bad point could be, those who didn't pre-order may find it offending if a player comes in Gwent with a cool border or a title. (Then similar logic can be applied for people grinding and getting top 100 in a season and coming with super cool border and titles, right? I am just trying to understand). If players shouldn't be distinguishable in game, then at least a profile badge should be given. That is healthy from the company and the loyal customers can also feel great about pre-ordering (telling the world that they blindly trust a company and pay $30).

I guess the difference is that you reserve your own copy and play it as soon as it launches. You get it as early as possible. I guess it's like one would say ''I am anxious to play this'' that would literally be the case.

Or maybe some people just don't like waiting for it to be released and checking and would like to pre order and be done with it.

@ CDPR
Why did you remove "GWENT: Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse (Coming Soon)" from the pre-order page of Thronebreaker?
Is it no longer going to be included?
Post automatically merged:

Any pre-order bonuses?

I hope not, its a shit move by publishers to do pre-order bonuses that forces people to pre-order the game before most reviews come out. I hope CDPR never goes down this disgusting path of pre-order bonuses.

Scroll up and find the possible answer.

I did read that, but it did not much clarify the issue, as the Artbook was clearly listed on the store page yesterday and not today. Hopefully someone from CDPR can clarify the situation without countless people having to email their support ;)

I did read that, but it did not much clarify the issue, as the Artbook was clearly listed on the store page yesterday and not today. Hopefully someone from CDPR can clarify the situation without countless people having to email their support ;)

LoL Yes. I might wait for an answer here before I annoy support.

This game better be as big as they say it is for $30.

If it is 30 hours, it's as much as the content of both Witcher 3 DLCs combined. Now granted, both of these DLCs were actually larger than the estimate but that is CDPR's estimate written onto the package of these two, and it's CDPR again estimating TB to be 30 hours worth of content. Surely this is worth 25 bucks as a starting price, is it not?

This game better be as big as they say it is for $30.

Compared to how other CCGs handle story modes, 30 bucks is actually very cheap for 30 hours of gameplay (and you get 20 cards for Gwent).

Even if it was just 20 hours it would still be a very fair price in comparison.

Top Bottom