Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

+
Getting a license for Star Wars would have been amazing. Imagine CDPR taking over the cancelled 1313?! That would be incredible. At the very least we wouldn't be dealing with the half-hearted nonsense EA is trickling out.

Kotor, ME, and DA are the ones I am most fond of so I'd love to see the depth of story and characterization CDPR could deliver within those realms. I'm uncertain Bio has the focus, leadership, or storytelling chops left to deliver a high end RPG experience anymore.

It's not a video game (yet, I hope it will be one day), but the Swedish post-apoc PnP RPG "Mutant: Undergångens arvtagare" (Mutant: Heirs of the Apocalypse). It could be described as a mix between Mad Max and Astrid Lindgren (Swedish children's book author) with the new found optimism of settlers and explorers with steampunk technology and the ever so sought after old-world tech. Has the best humour of any game I've ever played (i.e. dry as fuck) and brushes on more serious topics like racism and inequality, while maintaining a sort of noir-esque vibe combined with spaghetti western as well. Literally anything you can think of can be fitted into the world... seems like the Mutant TM is being used by FunCom though as they're making a game based on a sequal to M:UA called Mutant: Year Zero (which I don't enjoy as a PnP rpg)

Or "Noir" another Swedish PnP which can be best described as film noir meets Dark City meets Condemned (the video game) and occultism and horror in a world setting that reminiscent of our world during WWI.

If it is video games solely, I'd love to see a CDPR remake of "Dreamweb - Diary of a (mad?) man", it had a great setting and ambience and story. Not sure how the click and point would transfer to a more modern approach though.

I really want CDPR to make a proper vampire game. Maybe they can acquire rights to make a Dracula game that's based on Bram Stoker's Dracula. I really love the Victorian England setting. Vampyre from Dontnod looked promising for a while but it has wonky combat and mediocre character models/animation that ultimately leave me wanting something more promising from a veteran RPG studio.

Please CDPR, make a proper vampire RPG!
1538653263027.jpeg

I would like to see what they could do with the Arcanum licence. Witcherlike gameplay would really fit with the world and the clash between magic and technology was quite interesting.

It's not a video game (yet, I hope it will be one day), but the Swedish post-apoc PnP RPG "Mutant: Undergångens arvtagare" (Mutant: Heirs of the Apocalypse). It could be described as a mix between Mad Max and Astrid Lindgren (Swedish children's book author) with the new found optimism of settlers and explorers with steampunk technology and the ever so sought after old-world tech. Has the best humour of any game I've ever played (i.e. dry as fuck) and brushes on more serious topics like racism and inequality, while maintaining a sort of noir-esque vibe combined with spaghetti western as well. Literally anything you can think of can be fitted into the world... seems like the Mutant TM is being used by FunCom though as they're making a game based on a sequal to M:UA called Mutant: Year Zero (which I don't enjoy as a PnP rpg)

Or "Noir" another Swedish PnP which can be best described as film noir meets Dark City meets Condemned (the video game) and occultism and horror in a world setting that reminiscent of our world during WWI.

If it is video games solely, I'd love to see a CDPR remake of "Dreamweb - Diary of a (mad?) man", it had a great setting and ambience and story. Not sure how the click and point would transfer to a more modern approach though.

they are already making a video game of this:

I would like to see what they could do with the Arcanum licence. Witcherlike gameplay would really fit with the world and the clash between magic and technology was quite interesting.

That would be another interesting one. Such a good game, but sooo buggy and clumsy. (All of the Troika games suffered from that. :()

Last edited:
Star Wars. Now that EA has sunk their claws in, we can kiss the idea of KOTOR 3, or really any Star Wars singleplayer game -- RPG or otherwise -- goodbye.

Some form of modern day Vampyres but maybe better than Vampyr by DontNod. Something spooky. Could be Vampires, or some other undead mages.

Definetly something they can keep going and expanding, so long term licensing.

It seems that Fantasy, Wasteland Apocalypse is well covered.

There is no good Space Jam. Bioware was EAd to death. So even some form of medium hard SF (or space opera) is not a bad idea.

Well, I think they did put their hand on the Disciples franchise now with "Homecoming" and Thronebreaker, so...

Top Bottom