Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

+
The thing about naming arbitrary franchises/"IP's" is that for better or for worse, they are what they are because of the successes and failures of their original designers. If CDPR had "gotten their hands" on something like Mass Effect, Arcanum or Dragon Age from the beginning they would most likely be very different, maybe even unrecognizable. This thread is essentially about what games we wished CDPR could fix. The other half are franchises we wish were resurrected/had games.

I do like the idea of a Dune series and of course some kind of Victorian vampire game, but preferably one where vampires are given the proper treatment like the filthy, degenerate psychopaths they are meant to be (and we love).

In any case I hope CDPR stays as far away as possible from franchises owned by stubborn companies with antiquated methods of media distribution. Nothing that might complicate the release of DRM-free games, multiplatform (eg. Linux) versions or even the eventual continuity of the series.

And since we're basically brainstorming, how about a 2.5D "metroidvania" action/platformer with RPG elements, local coop and heavily influenced by Slavic mythology?

Speaking of non-game IPs. Brandon Sanderson, lol:

My wish list for Cyberpunk 2077

Hi, project CD Red My name is Tereka Winnegan but you call me Rico and this my wish list for Cyberpunk and I like thank you all for relisting the game play demo on YouTube that you guys show at E3. When I watch for the for the first I blow away on how good it look and how well it run and as well the gun play was very good as well making sure the lore form the tablet top game put at fort of everything and anything and this is Alpha build? Man that scary shit.

I hope that some of the list if not all be in the game if not I understand but any thing on this list make this game better it will put a big smile on my face I hope whenever this game come out it kick ass and take name while doing so.

Thank you and good luck to everyone at project CD Red
form Tereka “Rico” Winnegan
P.S.
I will be per-order this as soon as I hear the release date for it and I'm getting the special edition if not the collector’s edition that a promise form me to everyone who work on this game and project CD Red.

My wish list in not order of importing or anything
1. two more voice actor and actress for V.
the first voices for both male and female are great but I feel that we need to two more just to mix things up as well use different accents and tones for both V’s.
2. weapons on your on Cars, Bikes, and others
As cool as the car shootout was in the demo was I couldn't help but to think that shootout would be quick if Jackie had guns on his ride just saying think death race meet cyberpunk and go form there.

3. different followers
you guys already conform that will be other followers which is good but for the record I like Jackie but I can’t wait to see what other cyberpunks you will get to met in night city.
4. Customization in detail
In the demo you show V character screen but not the customization which is customization understanding because it would took good trunk of the demo but I like to see the of your V. in a future video and demo like the one form Saints Row 4 as well their personal ride, weapons, gear and clothing etc.
5. Lovers for your V.
yet anther one you guys and girls have conform that will be game form long term and one night stands for your V. I would love to see threesome or foursome both long term and one night stand form your followers and people of night city as well for both sex because I was the one who wish that the choice in Mass effect wasn’t a joke choice and for those who don’t know what was that choice was “can I have both of you” man I hate just picking one lover.
6. Three to four co-op mission
This is something that I like to see both in the main game and multiplayer.
7. Racing
This can be both in the main game as well the multiplayer with normal racing and illegal combat racing with cars, bikes and others.
8. Fight clubs
form boxing to MMA fighting both legal and illegal for your V win money and fame in the main game and multiplayer.
9. multiplayer
I know that you want to finish the main game first which I say thank you for that but I know that multiplayer will be off the chain and anything you put in the main game you can put in the multiplayer side of things and more. As for the play style you could go the GTA way with big change and that change is let your multiplayer character talk form time to time and Customization for multiplayer character should be the same as V. but with more backgrounds, childhood heroes eta or just add co-op mission until you put it in when you are ready.

10. Cyber psychosis
Once again you conform that it is in the game but your V. won’t be suffering form it which is fine by me that is one less thing I have to worry when doing my upgrades to my V. but I know it will be a tax in form or anther just not that one you could put it in the multiplayer and this video by Mad Queen is the best way I think to do it link to video below. And I think she will be very good tester if need more so give her call.
Cyber Psychosis

11. The Combat Zone
I hope this will be in the main game in one form or anther but I want to be bad as Gotham city on the Friday Night with no batman. A true place were this is no law and the rule is got money and big guns you live and if you don’t you die.

12. bodysculpting, Bioware and other non Cyberware
I know that Cyberware will be a big part of this game but I hope to see other non Cyberware and other ways to build your V. and multiplayer character.

13. Gangs, Cops, Mega corps and other NPC.
Form the demo we had already met the Maelstrom and Militech which I'm happy to see them which I’m happy to see them made in I can’t wait to see what others made it but for the love god please do not put in the Gilligans or the Personalites. As for the ones I will love to see the gangs to see are the werewolf's of London because I can’t find any info on them and they name is bad ass to me and the slaughter house as for the cops the Psycho Squad would be nice as well the swat team. now for the Mega corp the one everyone want to see is the Arasaka the hated foe of Militech form reading the lore on them I can’t wait see play out in the game and other new or lesser know gangs, corps and other shadily people.

14. My weapons, cars and other.
This is short list of my weapons and other things I like I hope to see in this on this one.
Weapons: Desert eagle, Beretta, 1911, M16/AR-15, 12-gauge shotgun and katana sword (that one maybe in the game already) all of them in cyberpunk way.
Cars: Ford Mustang GT Shellby, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, Honda Civic Si cyberpunk way.
Bike: Suzki GSX-R cyberpunk way.
SUV: Jeep Grand Cherokee or Hummers
TruckS: Ford Shellby truck or Raptor
Outfits
the daywalker (blade outfit) cyberpunk way for both sexes
Death dealer (underworld movies) cyberpunk way for both sexes.

15. Crafting weapons, gears and others
I and the other players don’t want we able to craft in the game but please let it be worth it instead of buying whole sale.

16. DLC
I know that Night city is between Los Angels to the north and to the San Francisco to south blow that San Diego I love to a cyberpunk Los Angels, San Francisco, and San Diego. The other I deal other is the quest to find Ciri I hope that will be in the main game or a side quest but if you save that big Easter egg for dlc I sill buy hands down.

17. To switch form first person to third person

I like the game as is but I can see were others can’t play in that way for one reason anther.

Speaking of non-game IPs. Brandon Sanderson, lol:

Haha i like the guy. This Mistborn series hit some top sellers list so why not. Only drawback is that epic fantasy could be too close to Witcher universe. Cant mix too similar IPs.
Maybe that is the way to go, to seek book authors with nice setting and some sales, who like VG and dont think it is stupid entertaiment for masses.
Dresden Files detective game? Moddified Carbon survival? Mars Saga city builder? Redeption Ark platforem? That is some solid stuff.

I like CD Project Red as it is, they are building their own brand slowly but surely. If they are running out of ideas, some Gothic horror game could work, like Ravenloft, it doesnt have be Fantasy, but anyway hopefully they wont go mainstream.
Post automatically merged:

The Gothic series. Maybe a collaboration with Piranha Bytes and we'd get an even more perfect game than Witcher 3.

Edit: whoops, looks like I slightly misread the title, but my point still stands :p

Ive also hoped they could do Gothic kind of game some day. Hmm, or Fallen Earth kind of game.

"They've made the best book-to-video game adaptations so far"
That's rich. Harlan Ellison and The Dreamers Guild laughing in hell. Metro 2033 received better adaptations too, better than source material (that's not too hard to accomplish though).
Post automatically merged:

Only drawback is that epic fantasy could be too close to Witcher universe. Cant mix too similar IPs.
Why use fantasy era books then? CDPR could take steampunk era material and get three-of-a-kind franchises set.

Last edited:
That would be another interesting one. Such a good game, but sooo buggy and clumsy. (All of the Troika games suffered from that. :()

A deeply flawed game both by some design choices and numerous bugs, but still a masterpiece IMO.

Just think about what can still be done with this unique blend of fantasy and steampunk. No idea who holds the rights though.

There's a lot of speculation going on online right now following Brian Fargo's recent tweet and Chris Avellone's follow-up tweets about a new Baldur's Gate game being in development, and specifically who might be doing it. I wonder if CDPR has any comment, because my money is on this being CDPR's next big AAA project following Cyberpunk. It certainly would be my fervent wish that it be so. :)

Hmmm... obviously Mass Effect 3 and onward. Also, Torment... the game had much more potential than got realitzed.

they are already making a video game of this:

Mutant: Year Zero, yes. Mutant: Heirs of the Apocalypse is not Mutant: Year Zero. Although they somewhat share the same universe (same geographical region, same backstory but takes place 70 years before HoTA) but everything that made M:UA (Heirs of the...) what it is, is non-existant in Year Zero. Besides, FunCom couldn't make a good game to save their lives (TSW had an amazing atmosphere and ambience, great NPCs and quests but the rest was terrible and that was, imo, their best game)...

Top Bottom