Open PTR feedback

+
I'm confused about the limit of position...does it really work?
]P5CCNV9@J1OVX7MT~[TBAC.png

I hope the stand alone game does well because Gwent itself is not going to do well in the current PTR state. I'm guessing that they will pull the plug once everything settles because this isn't going to save Gwent. It makes me sad because I had high hopes. Sorry for being negative, and hope my gut feeling is wrong.

Game seems 80% be ok for me..

I dont understand mulligan why some heroes can change more cards and sometimes in round 2/3 when you go first the 5 point advantage feels to much for me.

I dont like ability of usurper...

Artifacts are the most terrible mechanic what can happen to homecoming, if this dont change the game will die at 23,10,2018.

I have good feeling from other things

1 hand limit and card draw great (2 card drawn each round may play better) - more mulligans for consistency
2 art design amazing except the board being needlessly dark
3 locks and destroy artefact cards are binary and not fun - should delay the effect
of the artefact or card depending on the provision cost of lock and destroy artefact card
( make it more dynamic like like current gwent weather and clear skies interaction)
4 factions shouldn't be specifically control based - the decision should be decided in deck-building
of the percentage of proactive to reactive cards and each faction should have unique and fun reactive
and proactive strategies
5 cards with order are easily destroyed before anything fun happens doesn't feel great
6 3rd copy of bronzes should be an option with significantly increased provision cost

Last edited:
I really enjoy Homecoming.

I especially like deckbuilding, the visuals and almost all the card effects.

My main issues are that you should be able to see how many cards are in your graveyard and deck. This is absolutely essential in my opinion, especially for the deck, especially in Discard Skellige and similar decks.

Also, some of the animations are just too slow (Eithné firing arrows for example), but that is something many people mentioned.
Lastly, I can absolutely get used to 2 copies per Bronze card, but the blacklisting mechanic should be reimplemented. Especially now that your Mulligans are a resource, nothing feels more horrible than mulliganing a card just to immediately redraw it (or a copy of it) again. It's a waste of a very valuable resource.

Otherwise I am having a lot of fun!

Hello!, i was playing PTR, and i saw a card called Shupe's Day Off that has a missing description and shows the message: [MISSING]201627_tooltip, so i thought to come here and post this so you can check that out :D.

thanks in advance.

Hi,

I would like to give feedback on NG. This is the only faction I have major problems with, mainly because some of the mechanics introduced to it. There are two main factors, RNG and the disrupt abilities.

I don't understand why Ambassador was changed into old Doppler with the only difference being it's your opponent's faction, having my opponent Create an answer to my deck with a tech they didn't include in the first place is as frustrating now as it was months ago when Create was introduced. Reveal's RNG elements are also majorly frustrating as games can be won or lost based off of how high variance the Reveal mechanics can be with some of the effects.

Now to the disrupt abilities, having faced a deck that went all in on the new disrupt abilities, locks and Artefact removal, I now never want to try an engine deck again. Usurper denies my means of getting any value from my engines before they are locked or removed, I get no mulligans to try and mitigate the fact my engines are now useless, I am forced to keep a 4 point brick even though I kept mulligans in case of it, they can steal my engines and then unlock them because the can afford to run unlock tech because they know they'll get locked units and finally despite being so disrupt/control orientated they end up with a tonne of points on their board. I am fine with the effects being in the game, but they currently punish one archetype so hard that it becomes a binary, unfun and pointless match up, which is disappointing as a lot of the other changes to the game make so many good match ups, where even if you're unfavored you have a chance. So I really think there needs to be some caution taken with these abilities. A final point I have is on Viper Witchers, they need to be reduced in power, reduced in provisions or only discard rather than banish, having a key card of your strategy banished by a bronze that you can't play around and it is done with barely any sacrifice of points is crazy, and honestly I'd prefer bronzes not have the ability to randomly get rid of a key card of the opponent.

I am sorry if I am overly negative in this, I genuinely love most of what you all have done with HC, but I really have major problems with some of NG's abilities.

Joachim is pulling spy units, I imagine that its not supposed to happen and plus when vilgefortz pulls a spying from your deck it goes to your side of the field. Please fix this and maybe add a little more spying units and spies synergy (like another spy engine like enfrocer), dont need much tho, and spies could really be a nice archetype in homecoming. Thanks

Hi, I'm Octopuses and I've been playing and enjoying Gwent on competitive level for a long time. Here is my PTR feedback:
Old Gwent = pre PTR Gwent
New Gwent = PTR Gwent

POSITIVE THINGS:
1. New loading screen is great.
2. The dark, Witchery atmosphere that Old Gwent didn't quite have is definitely here. I really like the main menu theme.
3. 2 Rows with meaning. I think this was a great change and it feels good to play the game where the rows actually matter.
4. Coinflip solution (5 point boost + additional mulligan) actually works. Combined with the maximum hand size it feels that coin is actually equal, or very close to it at least. Also, please don't be afraid to reduce/increase Tactical Advantage boost as necessary.
5. 10 cards limit + 3 card draw each round is great. It took some getting used to but I think this definitely highly increased the quality of the game. I like that instead of playing high point cards on red points to gain card advantage now we can actually play "slower" and more fair. We can set up artifacts or anything else and not worry about falling behind. It is actually very beneficial to have the "last say" in round 3 so just dumping 3 worst cards and passing will not work. I really hope this will stay.
6. Cards are not tiny stamps anymore. Now we actually get to see them and enjoy their art.
7. I like the new boards and 3D leaders. Combined with all the new mechanics the game actually feels like a strategy game on the battlefield.
8. Removing "tutors" with points was definitely the right thing. Now we have way less "auto-include" cards in our decks.
9. Provision system is awesome. 25 card decks with this many provisions seem about right. Deck building is fun, feels like a puzzle to solve each time.
10. I like all the new card mechanics but order is definitely the best one. There is so much more interaction with the opponent than in the Old Gwent and it's very enjoyable.
11. Card advantage spies are gone. Finally!
12. I really like new weather cards. They finally feel fair to play against. However, I would rework Ragh Nar Rook.
13. I like that decks can (and most of them should) have multiple win conditions. Because of this the games usually feel different and more interesting.
14. I just really enjoy the gameplay. It's way better than the Old Gwent.

NEGATIVE THINGS:
1. There seems to be a delay after each action you take. Old Gwent feels smoother when you play it. This is very important to fix as soon as possible.
2. There should be a better indication when your opponent passes. Either a sound or just make it flash on the screen or whatever.
3. When you have no action to take, coin should start glowing to remind you to pass.
4. Effects should be more noticeable. There should be a lock animation and the card should maybe have chains like in the Old Gwent. Immune could make the whole unit greenish. There should be a deathwish icon on the card so we don't have to always look at every card to see if it has deathwish (good for new players).
5. Card text should be more clear. Words like Melee or Ranged should be bold and clear to see. Artifacts should state clearly that they are artifacts indeed.
6. There should be a list of possible ambush cards when you inspect face-down ambush. New players will have very bad experience playing against ambush deck. Also, double-check the power level of traps and keep in mind that playing against them is not very fun.
7. "Mill" decks seem to be playable. Try to make them... less playable please. It's very "un-fun" type of deck.
8. The game seems to be heavier on technical requirements. Full premium battlefield New Gwent was laggy for me while full premium board in Old Gwent never had any problems.

CARDS:
EITHNE - Way too powerful. There is no reason to ever choose any other leader in any ST deck. If you decrease her mulligans and remove a charge from her she would still be good.
HARALD - 10 damage is a lot. It should be way less. Extra powerful with Dagur Two Blades as your last card.
SIHIL - It needs a slight nerf. More provisions or even doomed tag. Of course, rework would be great as well. It's a neutral card and I would prefer not to see it in so many decks.
HENSELT - It should bring only one copy of the unit instead of all of them. It is very easily abuse and there is almost no counterplay to it.
USURPER - I like him. I think he is necessary in this game.
KING DEMAVEND III - With only 2 mulligans I don't see much reason why I would ever play him over Foltest.
LETHO OF GULET - I like him. Very interesting ability, fits the NG theme.
VILGEFORTZ - He is extremely powerful. I would increase his provision cost by 1
TRISS TELEKINESIS - I would prefer if she was completely reworked. There is high chance she will be "auto-include" in many decks. This should stay in the Old Gwent.
TIBOR EGGEBRACHT - Way too strong. Needs a moderate nerf. Provision increase or points off, or both.
IHUARRAQUAX - Probably the strongest card in game. It is also a neutral so this definitely shouldn't be the case. I wouldn't give him more than 2 power (now he is 6!!!) and even that might be too strong.
KELTULLIS - This is such interesting card. I like it a lot
PHOENIX - Very problematic card. Monster deck can have 3 of them and NG deck can have 2. I would make him only come back once instead of twice. The reason for this is that you won't be able to just setup 3x phoenix round 1 and pass like you can now. This needs serious looking into.
ROACH - I would probably make him 11 provisions since Aelirenn is 10.
MOURNTART - I have very mixed opinion about her. She has a lot of counters but when she is not countered she just wins.
FRIGHTENER - Very interesting card. I didn't see it played much but it should definitely stay as it is, at least for now.
KAMBI - He has to be reworked. Now it's possible to discard your opponent's last card (finisher) and there is nothing they can do about it. Then they automatically pass their turn and don't even get to use their Orders.
ENRAGED IFRIT: Has the same ability as Adda:Striga. One of them should be changed, obviously.
GOLDEN FROTH: It's too powerful and can be played multiple times. Should be nerfed or changed. We don't want Lacerate to become "auto-include" in very deck.
DRAGON'S DREAM: It should cost more provisions. It's extremely powerful, especially if you have movement cards in your deck.
SCHIRRU - One of my two favourite cards.
BOTCHLING - One of my two favourite cards.
RAGH NAR ROOK - I would just rework it. This has a potential to be in every deck and then we will have to bring weather removal AND artifact removal. That will heavily limit deck building.
VESEMIR, LAMBERT, ESKEL - They are way too good right now. I would increase their provision cost by 1. They provide deck thinning, which is hard to come by and they are 12 points, which is huge. Right now there is no reason not to play them in every deck. Way too strong for neutral.
INCINERATING TRAP - It should cost extra provision. Its value is a lot more than 5 points since so many units have Orders or have to be on the battlefield to gain value.
WILD HUNT RIDER - Too strong as bronze opener. Maybe at least have a condition that opponent has to have at least 1 unit on the battlefield.
STRAYS OF SPALLA - I would make it cost 5 provisions. This is actually very good card in many situations.

SUGGESTIONS:
1. Add spectator mode and replays as soon as possible. This is very important for competitive players and content creators.
2. Do your best to eventually add mobile Gwent and automated tournaments. These features would attract A LOT of players.
3. Have an option to disable only opponent's premiums. It would help players with "mediocre" computers at least enjoy their own premiums.
4. Show opponent's name during the whole match. This makes the game have more "personality" and it feels even more like you are trying to outplay actual person.
5. Please do frequent balance updates if necessary. This is online game and not paper cards so please take advantage of that. Even 1 day with overpowered or unfun deck dominating the game is 1 day too long.
6. Do everything that I mentioned in this feedback.

FINAL NOTE:
I am really enjoying this New Gwent and am looking forward to playing it a lot and competing in whatever tournaments there will be. You guys did a great job and made an amazing game. Thank you!

Last edited:
An idea just came to me now. I heard some people say its hard to tell the difference between gold and bronze cards. Maybe bronze cards should become silver? the difference between gold and silver is much more noticeable then gold and bronze.

Also, as someone who likes having a full premium deck, will it be possible to get tactical advantage premium?

I really hate the devs’ decision to turn nearly every single token into a seperate card. Most of the cards now are completely unrelated to their own stories, just points and points and points. Such a waste of their beautiful artwork.

Bug report

Henselt can summon more than one unit while the description says he summons only one.

As the picture shown, the enemy henselt summoned 3 cursed knights...

Sorry for the blur because I was shocked by the huge swing
20181009_145337.jpg

Hattori - text says order, his ability is on deploy

Dol Blathanna Sentry - boosts when an enemy unit is moved (by Brouver for instance)

An update regarding some general feedback after a few days more of testing. Handlimit is growing on me more and more, allowing low tempo plays for the first few turns really feels good and not playing into the first two rounds feels kind of wrong (which is good).

The game still feels too dark, especially closer to the edges of the screen, like it's getting darker further away from the center. Some boards feel less dark than others but overall the game should get more brighter colours (i.e. check out the reshade that someone posted on reddit, it's not better 100% of the time since some stuff look a bit too bright, but the clarity is immensely helpful). I still think that our leaders default position should be changed (looking them in the back of the head feels bad).

For all the units that banish your cards (Viper witcher), there needs to be a way to see what was banished, if am not looking at the game while that is happening I cannot find out in any way what unit was banished. Other than that, other improvements to the UI will be very welcome (mentioned in my previous post).

Are there any plans for weaken and strengthen to return to the game?

Armour would really help to balance some order units that can snowball really hard (by giving them less points and some armour).

Mill is still in the game (feels bad man).

Reveal is too much reliant on RNG.

Other instances of bad RNG should be removed from the game (if they are unviable in competitive play, why are they in the game in the first place then?).

Lastly, Eredin's ability feels kind of snowballing, maybe it should add the doomed tag as well to a unit (and remove all other tags first - i.e. resilience) or the immune tag should remove itself when the unit goes to the graveyard.

Can't wait to see the final product, wish you the best of luck in the time before release!

After playing during the weekend, I think I have solidified my opinions.

Firstly, cards I think should not come to live in their current state:

Eredin: The ability to give an important target, such as a gold, immunity without the opponent being able to interact is far too powerful, the ability needs an entire rework, the 4 boost points are just icing on the cake.

Usurper: This leader is the definition of unhealthy. Leaders are meant to encourage creative deck building and synergy, but this card does the opposite of that. There's no inspiration or creativity in its design and currently exists only to sour other player's experience.

Kambi: I see this card becoming the bearer of complaints in the future. It's the type of card that can outright win you games accidentally. There's no way to control which is your rightmost card without ruining your play sequencing. It's just strange design that reminds me of old Expired Ale that discarded an opponents card.

Bug report

Henselt can summon more than one unit while the description says he summons only one.

As the picture shown, the enemy henselt summoned 3 cursed knights...

Sorry for the blur because I was shocked by the huge swing

Henselt is trash if its 1 unit only. You have to bleed him 1st/2nd round

Ok so my feedback is short:

1. Even if there is some balance/archetype issues i think constant game updates and card additions which wont make you wait 6 months will fix.
2. People like me who plays Gwent on low end PC/laptops would need options to turn off leader/board animations for better performance.

Thank you for PTR CDPR!

Non-premium cards look awkward on HC board, especially with animated leaders. I suggest you leave only premiums in the game; perhaps, their crafting cost could be (non-premium cost + premium cost) / 2 to compensate for this change.

My short thoughts on the PTR:

All in all, I feel the game stands on a much more solid footing now. The moment-to-moment gameplay is much more tactical (rather than BETA Gwent's overemphasis on strategy) and is a vast improvement over the rat race for card advantage that we have now. I also very much like the provisions system, the new leader abilities and the realistic visuals. Also, engines are finally viable and not instantly removed or otherwise punished.

Some suggestions for improvement:
- improve lighting on board
- make animations faster/tighter
- experiment with reducing redraws (I feel 6 is too much and makes matches too long)
- keep adding interesting mechanics and alternative win conditions
- please remove Create cards from ranked and keep random effects to a minimum (e.g. the current reveal archetype has too many in my opinion)

I'm very impressed with what you have managed to do in these last few months and look forward to future updates!

Rating each card individually via the surveys doesn’t make sense to me. So, here are my two favourite decks from PTR. Playing them definitly felt "gwenty". They were not overpowered, but allowed for a very adaptive gameplay with the opponents deck (In a tactical game, that is very important to me).

Gwint_PTR_Deck.png

Top Bottom