GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will every faction get new music in HC and will it be available for download/listening anywhere? I mean specifically HC and not Thronebreaker because I know that it will be included

Hi, Pawel.
About PTR.
What is the reason behind swapping cards text around. like NG leader or axeman become greatsword etc.
And will weather change again in the future? It seems useless right now (8 point in 4 turn for 8 provision)

Hi,

Are you going to show explanations of how some complex cards choices work?

For example when right clicking on SHUPE, Don’t you think that showing all the possibilities this card has, would help new players?

Cheers!

Hi,

first of all I would like to congratulate the entire Gwent development team for their work well done in that short time. I know that your work is not easy and the criticisms and charges are always heavy but despite everything, they did an excellent job!

I would like to know if the PTR will open again before the launch or if at least we will have any more stream regarding possible changes / corrections?

Sorry for the bad english and thanks in advance for your attention!

Hello Mister :)

1. Was the new Usurper and old Imlerith : Sabbath designed by the same person ?
2. MTG's PR campaign and advertising are insane !!! Almost every popular HS streamer and even top streamers from other games are playing it, they even converted Merchant and Noxious to the dark side :LOL: (Mana based CCG's ), so I was wandering, will CDPR do something similar after the release ?
3. If the answer to second question is yes, what will you prioritize Gwent or Thronebreaker ?
4. Was the new Shupe designed by one person or few ? Because I don't know in which world Mage & Hunter abilities are somewhat equal in strength. Some math :

2 + 2 Row's of Weather - 2RoW = 4 + 1RoW
2 +- 13 Random Damage = 4 + 9 R enemy D
2 + 1 Random Unit - 1 RU = 4 + 1 RU(or spell from the deck)

5. PTR card ranking feedback. OP cards will get 5 stars as well as some good, well designed cards, so how can you tell which cards should be changed and which should not ?
6. Will at some point there is going to be an option to disable 3D leaders and use isometric ones ?
7. Caldwell is a big fat traitor isn't he ?:p
8. Will you go to a vacation few weeks after the release ?o_O
9. Your max speed on a motorcycle / bicycle was ?:cool:

Burza, do you think queuing the actions would be possible in final release of the game? I think this would really help the flow of game since we now have multiple abilities to trigger during same turn.

Dear Burza,
1) Is the HC release still going to happen on 23rd? Is everything on track?
2) Did you get any unforeseen feedback from Open PTR which you didn't get in closed PTR? (If so, can you name one, please)?
3) When will we see some new activities about HC from CDPR? (You have also become very silent now in the forums :(:(:( I know it is because you are super busy, but please spend some time on Forums too)

Have a great day!

Hi Burza,
Will specters archetype be a competitive on a start of HC?
If the answer is yes, will Adda be its leader?

Last edited:
Hi Burza!
In the last open PTR units that were summoned to the field doesn't trigger their Deploy abilities. Is that an intended mechanic? If so, cards like Ihuarraquax, Tibor and Vilgefortz feels a bit too strong.

Hi Pawel!
I see Reveal as a recurring theme here, but people phrased more of complains than actual questions. There's a pretty strong objection in the community against how it works now and some people even think that the original Homecoming announcement was misleading when it talked about how the game will aim more towards skill vs random in relation to Create.
I'd really like to hear your perspective on the subject and what lead to the introduction of this mechanic. Like maybe you think it's a different, healthy kind of random or maybe there was a change in direction. I realize this forum thread may be too limited for that, but can we expect to hear about this in a stream or something in the future?

Last edited:
Hi, Pawel.
About PTR.
What is the reason behind swapping cards text around. like NG leader or axeman become greatsword etc.
And will weather change again in the future? It seems useless right now (8 point in 4 turn for 8 provision)

The abilities suit those units more :)
Weather is work in progress

Hi,

Are you going to show explanations of how some complex cards choices work?

For example when right clicking on SHUPE, Don’t you think that showing all the possibilities this card has, would help new players?

Cheers!

We rather have players learn the possibilities, it is a card game after all.

Hi,

first of all I would like to congratulate the entire Gwent development team for their work well done in that short time. I know that your work is not easy and the criticisms and charges are always heavy but despite everything, they did an excellent job!

I would like to know if the PTR will open again before the launch or if at least we will have any more stream regarding possible changes / corrections?

Sorry for the bad english and thanks in advance for your attention!

Stream will happen and more then one, as for PTR no such plans :)

Hello Mister:)

1. Was the new Usurper and old Imlerith : Sabbath designed by the same person ?
2. MTG's PR campaign and advertising are insane !!! Almost every popular HS streamer and even top streamers from other games are playing it, they even converted Merchant and Noxious to the dark side :LOL: (Mana based CCG's ), so I was wandering, will CDPR do something similar after the release ?
3. If the answer to second question is yes, what will you prioritize Gwent or Thronebreaker ?
4. Was the new Shupe designed by one person or few ? Because I don't know in which world Mage & Hunter abilities are somewhat equal in strength. Some math :

2 + 2 Row's of Weather - 2RoW = 4 + 1RoW
2 +- 13 Random Damage = 4 + 9 R enemy D
2 + 1 Random Unit - 1 RU = 4 + 1 RU(or spell from the deck)

5. PTR card ranking feedback. OP cards will get 5 stars as well as some good, well designed cards, so how can you tell which cards should be changed and which should not ?
6. Will at some point there is going to be an option to disable 3D leaders and use isometric ones ?
7. Caldwell is a big fat traitor isn't he ?:p
8. Will you go to a vacation few weeks after the release ?o_O
9. Your max speed on a motorcycle / bicycle was ?:cool:

1. Nope
2 and 3. We'll see ;)
4. Everyone from the Gameplay team has their input on design
5. You bring up the cards which have the lowest scores
6. Nope
7. These are not the spoilers you're looking for
8. I really need one, but plan to go in January, I really want to go back to doing TWIG and A Round of GWENT again after we launch
9. Motorcycle 220km/h and bicycle 60km/h (don't try this at home)

Burza, do you think queuing the actions would be possible in final release of the game? I think this would really help the flow of game since we now have multiple abilities to trigger during same turn.

You mean like priorities on triggers? Or what resolves before what based on the fact which ability goes on the stack?

Dear Burza,
1) Is the HC release still going to happen on 23rd? Is everything on track?
2) Did you get any unforeseen feedback from Open PTR which you didn't get in closed PTR? (If so, can you name one, please)?
3) When will we see some new activities about HC from CDPR? (You have also become very silent now in the forums :(:(:( I know it is because you are super busy, but please spend some time on Forums too)

Have a great day!

1) We're on track
2) Multiple things, since we were testing on a bigger group
3) Streams next week, I'm silent because it's Open week plus we're prepping for launch, I joke everyday that I would love to have a clone :)

Have an awesome day! :)

Good morning Burza,

1) Will we able to "drag&drop" our cards again, instead of just clicking on the position where we want them placed?
2) Is the Geralt igni effect final? (I think the current one looks much better)
3) Is there any chance avatar emotes will return? The hc system of connecting them to the leaders really limits the possibility to get a wide range of different characters from the witcher universe and hear their voices during the match.
4) Why did you decide to remove the unique aspect of the reveal archetype ? (getting information about your enemies hand by revealing some of his cards in hand) Reveal was never a too strong archetype and i feel sad about this fun mechanics being gone.
5) Is it still planed to give gold cards a "special entry" to make them feel more unique?
6) Don't you think the gold /bronze ratio is a bit off atm with way too many gold cards'?
7) Can we still expect to get short conversations between characters when their cards are on the board at the same time? (we know such conversations have been recorded already)

I wish you all the best for hc and appreciate the hard work you and everybody from CDProject is doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom