Cannot Install or Start (Gwent) Homecoming

+
EDIT: Multiple users have pointed out that the Citrix Workspace is causing a conflict with Gwent. Please, try to uninstall Citrix.

Before installing Homecoming, please uninstall Gwent and uninstall the PTR client, if you have participated therein.

If that doesn't work, please try the following:
  1. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  2. Disable your virus protection software / firewall and try to download/install Gwent again.
  3. Remove the following folders:
    1. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\CDProjektRED"
    2. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED\Gwent"
  4. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  5. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.
The image below means the server is flooded. Please, be patient.

connection_problem.png

Also, keep in mind the requirements to run the game:
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Celeron G1820 | AMD A4-7300
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 | Radeon R7 240
Resolution: 1280 x 720 minimum display resolution
Storage: 5.5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i3 6100 | AMD FX-6300
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon R7 265
Storage: 5.5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
32-bit operating systems are not supported.

Last edited:
But name of the game stays the same ? ( there isn't any homecoming in GOG Store )

I uninstalled Gwent, and then installed once again by GoG, but after that start screen and menu is the same ( with message: "this game version is no longer supported" ) - is it normal ?

my GOG version: 1.2.47

Last edited:
I uninstalled Gwent, and then installed once again by GoG, but after that start screen and menu is the same ( with message: "this game version is no longer supported" ) - is it normal ?

Yes, the game doesn't go live for another 1.5 hours (1 PM).

Yes, the game doesn't go live for another 1.5 hours (1 PM).
I understand that it doesn't go live until 1PM, but it's strange that I can't upgrade the game before that (I still have version 0.9.24.3.432 1 DLC).

I understand that it doesn't go live until 1PM, but it's strange that I can't upgrade the game before that (I still have version 0.9.24.3.432 1 DLC).

As said before, the Homecoming update isn‘t live yet. Just wait until 1pm and then download new Gwent.

Hello I live in the US, so I really don't know when it's 1 pm at your time. Can you please let me know when the game is live?
Thank you

Guest 4283771

CDPR deep breaths guys, take your time and don`t worry. We ain`t going anywhere!

my gwent version still seems to be 0.9.24 and opens with the public beta screen, it doesn't update and i reinistalled the game, still nothing

Top Bottom