A new Monster player needs advice

+
A new Monster player needs advice

I have been playing Nilfgaard from the start, but I've decided to try Monster, so I went with nekkers swarm (the netdecker version with Tribute). Any advices ?

If you want something detailed just search "The ultimate consume guide" on GwentDB or YouTube and that'll help you out big time. If you don't wanna deal with that I can quickly give you some advice that I think is important.

-Use Ge'els over Royal decree it gives you a guaranteed gold or silver draw for the next round and you get another shot at your neckers if you didn't draw them.

-Use Summoning Circle. This is really key in my opinion, it
counters Mandrake, Muzzle and also let's you play another Necker R2 if they dry pass after you play Necker as the first card. Also gives you a chance to get another Necker Warrior. Awesome card for consume.

-Greedy Consume doesn't care (much) about card advantage. In most situations you're fine going 2 cards down R1. Going down 3 cards is tricky but still a winnable match for consume. Don't be afraid to dry pass R2 if they have carryover.

-If they bleed you R2 play for as much tempo as you can, don't be greedy. Usually they pass if you play your Brewess. If they don't they'll have to once you eat the 2 Neckers, no deck can keep up with that.

-Always keep track of how many Neckers you have left in your deck and manage them well. Don't pull out too many Neckers if the opponent is killing your low neckers early on. To stop that you can just mandrake one of your first Neckers to 10. Running out of Neckers can happen very quickly and is not a great position to be in for you.

-Be careful with big units. Don't let your Arachas Queen or yourother consuming units grow too big, try to evenly split their power to avoid giving your opponent good scorches.

-If you don't draw any Neckers R1 dry pass. If you don't get any R2 and they push forfeit, no Neckers no chance. No Vran Warriors or Necker Warriors will make it very tricky but still winnable. Not drawing any Neckers or Necker Warriors is rare but does happen, you'll have to live with that sometimes, no big deal.

Those are just some tips I can give you based off of my personal experience with playing Greedy Consume, I still highly recommend watching or reading The Ultimate Consume guide to see yourself how the deck is played and to get a very detailed guide for Consume, it does help.

TheNotoriousThree;n10688891 said:
If you want something detailed just search "The ultimate consume guide" on GwentDB or YouTube and that'll help you out big time. If you don't wanna deal with that I can quickly give you some advice that I think is important.

-Use Ge'els over Royal decree it gives you a guaranteed gold or silver draw for the next round and you get another shot at your neckers if you didn't draw them.

-Use Summoning Circle. This is really key in my opinion, it
counters Mandrake, Muzzle and also let's you play another Necker R2 if they dry pass after you play Necker as the first card. Also gives you a chance to get another Necker Warrior. Awesome card for consume.

-Greedy Consume doesn't care (much) about card advantage. In most situations you're fine going 2 cards down R1. Going down 3 cards is tricky but still a winnable match for consume. Don't be afraid to dry pass R2 if they have carryover.

-If they bleed you R2 play for as much tempo as you can, don't be greedy. Usually they pass if you play your Brewess. If they don't they'll have to once you eat the 2 Neckers, no deck can keep up with that.

-Always keep track of how many Neckers you have left in your deck and manage them well. Don't pull out too many Neckers if the opponent is killing your low neckers early on. To stop that you can just mandrake one of your first Neckers to 10. Running out of Neckers can happen very quickly and is not a great position to be in for you.

-Be careful with big units. Don't let your Arachas Queen or yourother consuming units grow too big, try to evenly split their power to avoid giving your opponent good scorches.

-If you don't draw any Neckers R1 dry pass. If you don't get any R2 and they push forfeit, no Neckers no chance. No Vran Warriors or Necker Warriors will make it very tricky but still winnable. Not drawing any Neckers or Necker Warriors is rare but does happen, you'll have to live with that sometimes, no big deal.

Those are just some tips I can give you based off of my personal experience with playing Greedy Consume, I still highly recommend watching or reading The Ultimate Consume guide to see yourself how the deck is played and to get a very detailed guide for Consume, it does help.

Thanks you

In addition to what has been already advised... There are 2 more concerns about playing nekker consume.
  1. Would be good ( mandatory in reality) to have GwentUp on.
  2. Do not play this deck if you have in the room: Your GF, Dogs and Cats, if you are sleepy. This deck do not forgive the any small mistake. No distractions allowed. LOL
Good luck!

Hey since I haven't figured out how to start a thread -.- I'll just post here, also a beginner question.

I'm playing arena and drafted Ruehin. I don't understand how he works at all, on my turn end this unit should be summoned from the grave yard. Means if he dies he comes back right? Or is it just when he gets moved there by a card or something and not by dying?

I'm playing arena and drafted Ruehin. I don't understand how he works at all, on my turn end this unit should be summoned from the grave yard. Means if he dies he comes back right? Or is it just when he gets moved there by a card or something and not by dying?

Reuhin only works when he is destroyed, or in the case of Monsters, consumed. After which he will respawn at the end of the turn.

Hey since I haven't figured out how to start a thread

You need to have 10 posts in order to make a new thread.

One more question. What kind of card is Sihil or Wyvern Scale Shield or Mastercrafted Spear? Is there a way to remove them?

Top Bottom