And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

I've gotta say, HC is huge dissapointment to me aswell.. been giving it a try for few days, but this game became so chaotic!

-Building a deck alone is now frustrating math homework, we're getting more punished for BAD DRAW than ever, since there are very few opportunities for deck-thinning.
i better start listing:
- unavoidable combos with no counterplay.. like mentioned shirru + eithne, whom i just had a chance to play against - just swinging for 19 points in one move. Freakin harald with greatsword.. when we agree that average play value is 6 points, when somebody pulls a freakin +15 in one move is quite devastating, and in most cases, it barely requires any preparation or setup!
- Sihil decks.. unless you are packing plenty artifact removals, they are damn near impossible to stop. once it gets to 4dmg per round its over. anything you play will only be removed and snowball further. Then other decks use no artifacts at all, and you get dead-weight with the artifact-removal cards
- Wither decks - jesus christ..

Gwent now feels like hearthstone, you have no idea what to expect, and wheather or not you can complete your game plan depends on your oponents game plan, not your skills or decisions.. nevermind hearthstone, its becoming just rock-paper-scissors, only with much MUCH more variables than 3. We get barely ANY CONTROL over the outcome of match! "Hey i got this deck, what you got? oh you got THAT.. great, i lost again"

old Gwent had trouble with ballance for sure, but jesus at least it was pleasant to play (mind those dark periods from time to time, when everyone was meta-slaving one broken deck and we had to wait for patch..)
Homecoming is like doing math homework while mountain-hiking with shoes too small and swarm of flies attacking you constantly..

I've gotta say, HC is huge dissapointment to me aswell.. been giving it a try for few days, but this game became so chaotic!

-Building a deck alone is now frustrating math homework, we're getting more punished for BAD DRAW than ever, since there are very few opportunities for deck-thinning.
i better start listing:
- unavoidable combos with no counterplay.. like mentioned shirru + eithne, whom i just had a chance to play against - just swinging for 19 points in one move. Freakin harald with greatsword.. when we agree that average play value is 6 points, when somebody pulls a freakin +15 in one move is quite devastating, and in most cases, it barely requires any preparation or setup!
- Sihil decks.. unless you are packing plenty artifact removals, they are damn near impossible to stop. once it gets to 4dmg per round its over. anything you play will only be removed and snowball further. Then other decks use no artifacts at all, and you get dead-weight with the artifact-removal cards
- Wither decks - jesus christ..

Gwent now feels like hearthstone, you have no idea what to expect, and wheather or not you can complete your game plan depends on your oponents game plan, not your skills or decisions.. nevermind hearthstone, its becoming just rock-paper-scissors, only with much MUCH more variables than 3. We get barely ANY CONTROL over the outcome of match! "Hey i got this deck, what you got? oh you got THAT.. great, i lost again"

old Gwent had trouble with ballance for sure, but jesus at least it was pleasant to play (mind those dark periods from time to time, when everyone was meta-slaving one broken deck and we had to wait for patch..)
Homecoming is like doing math homework while mountain-hiking with shoes too small and swarm of flies attacking you constantly..

Favourite quote so far.

I've given it a bit more, desperate to like it, trying to tinker with a ST deck that I thought might be fun to play.....except all I now ever face are Schirru/Epidemic/Eithne/Scorch utter bollocks. It's not then a card game - I approached it thinking about building synergy between cards (Aard/Brouver/Sentry/Regus for example), but then some bugger has had to go and break what little fun there was to have by simply abusing a broken artefact scheme.

I've played around a dozen times tonight, all I faced was NG random-reveal (like slots, except the oppo is a winner every time) and ST artefact-death. I can't be bothered anymore. At least when playing against netdeckers in Beta there was the odd chance when you got a decent deal you could slam every SK GS, or wipe out the Mangonel before it got going. In this utter garbage, none of it matters. There's a pattern of play that's almost unstoppable and we're entirely beholden to the luck of the draw; in HC, if it's a bad draw, there's no way out. As above, it's just rock paper scissors, but far slower and less fun.

I mean, the flaws are pretty endless. There's effectively only four, maybe five, ways to play the game. What use is Monsters without playing deathwish? NG & reveal? SK and damage/boost? And now my personal hate-ourite, ST we're just not gonna play any units til you've got none left artefact-removal. The fifth is NR boost, but that's utterly ineffective against ST just blitzing everything with epidemic.

So many cards are just bull. Predatory dive, epidemic and scorch should ONLY work if both players have units on the board. It shouldn't be playable on its' own. Sihil should be doomed. There was nothing wrong with Schirru spawning scorch - the fact it's so painfully easy to make him and everything else the same thanks to TOO MANY ARTEFACTS AND NOT ENOUGH REMOVAL is just dreadful. Why would I load a hand with the max 6 artefact removal.....then be drawn against an NG reveal deck, with all my low value cards?! It's nonsense!

**Fundamentally the whole ethos of Gwent only works if you get to SELECT YOUR DECK. THAT should be the coin toss - if you win the toss, your opponent selects their deck, you then select your counter deck and go first**

There seems no point at all in having cards that counter styles of play, but then having NO say in when you get to use it. You could then throw bluffs, have Eithne as leader but then build a movement deck, so your oppo is stuck with a load of artefact removal they can't use! It's a MUCH better way of playing rather than this unbalanced, broken nonsense.

The problem with these broken cards and balance is you know what's coming and can't do anything. I have NEVER seen so many early quits as I have in this game, proof enough that it's not just broken - it's dead.

And if I see Vesemir and his mates one more effing time I'll scream.

I really wan to say goodbye here and somehow express my thoughts.

I have been with GWENT from server test, even from first hours of closed beta. I played 600 hours of Gwent, I spent 200€ on ingame items, I spent so much time on Youtube and Twitch watching streamers, great people like swim, MegaMogwai, crokeyz, Merchant, and more - and Iam sincerly sorry I cant name you all, but you all are great.
These thousands of hours will never be forgotten, not for me. Gwent was my first and last CCG I ever play, even one of few multiplayer games I played (Iam more of singleplayer guy).

nevertheless, Gwent has been uninstalled from my PC. Reason is obvious - Homecoming.

I was really sceptical from moment they announced it, I knew it will be devastating blow, but I still kept my hopes, Even if I was so angry and write a few things on forums, FB page, etc.. I still hoped for and wanted Homecoming to be good. Its not. thousand times not.

I spent some few hours in Homecoming version, I tried, really tried to like this look, this complete overhaul, completely new game, believe me, I tried. But the game now is so boring, so slow, so random. I dont know where to start with criticism, so many things are wrong, so many good things are gone, so many crap things are present.

I feel disapointed, I feel robbed. All those moment I spent with Gwent are gone, i should have invested it in reading, earning money, gym, etc.. All those efforts are thrown to trash, vomit on and serve it back as Homecoming.

Sadly, farewell Gwent - if you ever want me to return, you have to be game I felt love with..
Bye.

Hey if you read this I recommend trying other CCG's. Gwent was my first as well and recently I started playing Elder Scrolls Legends and it's really really fun. Just FYI.
Post automatically merged:

Favourite quote so far.

I've given it a bit more, desperate to like it, trying to tinker with a ST deck that I thought might be fun to play.....except all I now ever face are Schirru/Epidemic/Eithne/Scorch utter bollocks. It's not then a card game - I approached it thinking about building synergy between cards (Aard/Brouver/Sentry/Regus for example), but then some bugger has had to go and break what little fun there was to have by simply abusing a broken artefact scheme.

I've played around a dozen times tonight, all I faced was NG random-reveal (like slots, except the oppo is a winner every time) and ST artefact-death. I can't be bothered anymore. At least when playing against netdeckers in Beta there was the odd chance when you got a decent deal you could slam every SK GS, or wipe out the Mangonel before it got going. In this utter garbage, none of it matters. There's a pattern of play that's almost unstoppable and we're entirely beholden to the luck of the draw; in HC, if it's a bad draw, there's no way out. As above, it's just rock paper scissors, but far slower and less fun.

I mean, the flaws are pretty endless. There's effectively only four, maybe five, ways to play the game. What use is Monsters without playing deathwish? NG & reveal? SK and damage/boost? And now my personal hate-ourite, ST we're just not gonna play any units til you've got none left artefact-removal. The fifth is NR boost, but that's utterly ineffective against ST just blitzing everything with epidemic.

So many cards are just bull. Predatory dive, epidemic and scorch should ONLY work if both players have units on the board. It shouldn't be playable on its' own. Sihil should be doomed. There was nothing wrong with Schirru spawning scorch - the fact it's so painfully easy to make him and everything else the same thanks to TOO MANY ARTEFACTS AND NOT ENOUGH REMOVAL is just dreadful. Why would I load a hand with the max 6 artefact removal.....then be drawn against an NG reveal deck, with all my low value cards?! It's nonsense!

**Fundamentally the whole ethos of Gwent only works if you get to SELECT YOUR DECK. THAT should be the coin toss - if you win the toss, your opponent selects their deck, you then select your counter deck and go first**

There seems no point at all in having cards that counter styles of play, but then having NO say in when you get to use it. You could then throw bluffs, have Eithne as leader but then build a movement deck, so your oppo is stuck with a load of artefact removal they can't use! It's a MUCH better way of playing rather than this unbalanced, broken nonsense.

The problem with these broken cards and balance is you know what's coming and can't do anything. I have NEVER seen so many early quits as I have in this game, proof enough that it's not just broken - it's dead.

And if I see Vesemir and his mates one more effing time I'll scream.

I was expecting lots of really well designed archetypes for each faction with homcoming. Sounds like we didn't get that. I didn't feel like we got that with the short time I actually got to play it before release. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
Besides the RNG fiesta which is the draw and how limited mulligans become great value in r3(btw, i suggested unlimited mulligans right after testing open ptr) one more major problem is the meta.
It's no longer early days, we know what works and what works if boring af.
Eithne artifacts has basically no interaction with any deck. People used to complain about point spam before and how all you do is spam your points without any thought or strategy but look at Eithne now. Put your artifacts down and wait for last play to drop your finisher.
Another strong deck is reveal which is basically bingo cuz I can highroll a 4 provision card into 13+ points or banish a combo card with another 4 provision card and win because of it.
I don't know if regular ladder forces you to play at least 4 factions but if it doesn't and every match is either Eithne or reveal then I'm not surprised ppl are bored of this game.

Besides the RNG fiesta which is the draw and how limited mulligans become great value in r3(btw, i suggested unlimited mulligans right after testing open ptr) one more major problem is the meta.
It's no longer early days, we know what works and what works if boring af.
Eithne artifacts has basically no interaction with any deck. People used to complain about point spam before and how all you do is spam your points without any thought or strategy but look at Eithne now. Put your artifacts down and wait for last play to drop your finisher.
Another strong deck is reveal which is basically bingo cuz I can highroll a 4 provision card into 13+ points or banish a combo card with another 4 provision card and win because of it.
I don't know if regular ladder forces you to play at least 4 factions but if it doesn't and every match is either Eithne or reveal then I'm not surprised ppl are bored of this game.

It is, mate. Every game is either NG or ST. I played maybe a dozen times before just giving up last night and had ONE Monster - Deathwish match.

Just feels like there's no point at all to any of it. You have to get the cards to get to you meta deck, but most Beta players can craft exactly what they need so within a week of opening, the game is completely broken.

I wish CDPR would make a Youtube video explaining themselves and what they're going to do. I'm only hanging around in case they realise what a monumental screw up this all is and bring back REAL Gwent. At least if they came online and said "well, folks, this crappy mobile game is here to stay" I could uninstall and move on.

It is mind blowing to me that we sit around for 6 months waiting for them to make the game good and they give us this very unfinished game with probably more issues than what we already had. wtf???

I don't get what they were thinking with artifacts. Cards that you can't do anything about unless you have the one direct counter for it? ST artifact decks were so obvious here.

The December patch will overhaul a lot. It's impossible to leave the game as is and expect it to last even half a year. The problem is that this is not beta. This is a fully released game. Which makes it a failure.
If it was beta I would have no issue at all with it because beta is there to be balanced and fixed. But I have different expectations from a released game.
It's funny that artifact could very well be the downfall of Gwent but not the Valve Artifact but rather the ones they put in their own game. Sihil FTL.

It is mind blowing to me that we sit around for 6 months waiting for them to make the game good and they give us this very unfinished game with probably more issues than what we already had. wtf???

I don't get what they were thinking with artifacts. Cards that you can't do anything about unless you have the one direct counter for it? ST artifact decks were so obvious here.
Exactly

Hey if you read this I recommend trying other CCG's. Gwent was my first as well and recently I started playing Elder Scrolls Legends and it's really really fun. Just FYI.
Post automatically merged:

MtG: Arena is also a pretty solid one (open beta though) but solid nonetheless
and significantly more in-depth than F2P Thronebreaker Multiplayer (aka Gwent: Homecoming)

Yeah, so obvious. It took several thousands or tens of thousands players a week to develop this deck but a handful of testers should have done that in about three weeks, right?

For sure artifacts are out of hand at the moment but claiming this was easy to see before launch is just bullshit.

I'm gonna actually go online now and quickly go for 3 games, then will write up the report before I then - most likely - uninstall the game and move to Elder Scrolls Legends. Wish me luck....

So couldn't be bothered messing on with my deck to include artefacts, etc., kept it fairly dull - ST primarily removal/damage.

G1 - Nilfgaard Reveal with Witchers. At least it wasn't ALL reveal, lost the match as my deal was atrocious and I mulliganed TWICE into the same cards!!

G2 - Ah, here it is - ST Sihil. Oppo played 2 x spears R1, which is just pathetic, as my only move was to play artefact removal twice. Of course i now have NO cards to remove Sihil, game over. Utter load of bollocks, CDPR need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

G3 - Straightforward win, which of course means the oppo WASN'T playing NG or ST. They had Northern Realms, which for removal is easiest to counter. Oppo looked like they had an awful deal as well.

Confirmation that artefacts are completely broken, NG is OP and everything else is a bit "meh".

Last edited:
Yeah, so obvious. It took several thousands or tens of thousands players a week to develop this deck but a handful of testers should have done that in about three weeks, right?

For sure artifacts are out of hand at the moment but claiming this was easy to see before launch is just bullshit.

it actually took a select few 3 days to figure it out... by the people who are pro deck builders.

sure, there are many things that require a lot of people doing a lot of combinations to find loopholes and broken combos. And that's normal it happens to the best of the best

I mean look at Magic the Gathering. These guys are pros at making cards and even then, they still need to restrict/ban/retcon cards all the time.

However, there are some trivial balancing things that should not have gone through testing because they are extremely obvious...

Anyone who has ever attempted to make a deck to counter artifacts will realize immediately how broken and unbalanced they are...

White Frost- 7!!!!! for 0 power...
Korathi Heatwave- 13!!!!!!! for 0 power....
10% of your resources used up by 2 gold cards that have 0 power.

let that sink in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom