GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lambert has 3 possible cards that he can kill (Gabor Zigrin, Dwarf Marauder and Shupe Resilient) out of a card pool of what 500? 600? Nobody is playing A-Rush since carryover is easily disposed of with an abundance of locks or does not matter since the rounds lost a lot of value and everyone just drypasses round 2.

I'm okay with Lambert having a niche ability but come on, atleast make him somehow viable all the other witchers actually get played in almost every deck how did you not see something wrong here :cautious:

Edit: Forgot my question: So when is Lambert going to be playable? CrreamAwk

Is Predatory Dive working as intended? The description says "EACH player destroys their lowest unit" but it can be played with only one side of the board having units. Pre-Homecoming there were cards like Pavetta that specifically needed both player's units in order to work and the description was similar.

Hi, Burza

Few but important questions

1) Some player abuse drop to graveyard.On artifact decks just send units to GY and control board with sihil or another damage sources then drop single.big unit and thats it.Hope something change,mb items triggerd when card played,not drop.
2) On artifact again.Allmost full deck of it.Mb it can triggerd when unit near or something like that?
3) Random reveal card will it be changed in some way?
4) Combat log upgrade ? Banished cards or hit targets,applied effects?Some of that?
5) Interactive board mb in the future ?

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Hello, I am relatively unexperienced with new Gwent (returning after some looong break before Homecoming redesign). I was trying to get as much info about game from inside of game (tutorial), official game pages (playgwent.com) and search from internet (but there are tons of old pages with outdated info relevant to status before homecoming redesign). So I have many kind of questions.

1) Is there some official "wikipedia" with actual info about this game? I find official link from "playgwent.com -> about game -> how to play" to be quite insufficient for my needs. :)

2) What is "special card"? Many cards in game are mentioning things like "play special card from graveyard" or "create special card", but filter in deck builder is able to filter only premium/standard or gold/bronze card. So I would like to ask what is special card, can I filter it in deck building tool inside game and what makes that card special? At example I can have only one golden card of same name in deck, right? Is this applying to special cards too, or could there be two same special cards in deck like bronze cards?

3) Both standard and premium cards are showing their price to craft, their price to mill and their price to transmute. I understand, that when I transmute standard card, it becomes premium, right? But what happens to premium card if I transmute it with meteorite powder?

4) I am not too much familiar with Witcher lore, so I am sorry if it is stupid question, but I have noticed, that Scoia'tael leader Filavandrel Aen Findhail is displayed with sword and sheath on same side. In ranked match, when I have him as a leader, he has sword in left hand and sheath on left side. In play options, where I can chose skin right before joining duel, he has sword in right hand and sheath on right side. My question is, if he is, according to lore, using some special sword-fighting techniques? Normally, sword-fencer should have one-handed sword in one hand and sheath on opposite side. At example if he is right-handed, he should have sheath on left side for comfortable draw. However, I have seen special samurai techniques, that are drawing sword with same hand like they have sheath. At example Toshiro Mifune shows one of such techniques in film Sanjuro (1962). So I am asking if Filavandrel is also lore-wise one of supergifted sword-fencers, who is able to use such highly advanced techniques?

Thank you for answers in advance and sorry for posting so many questions, I am very curious by nature and I really tried searching for it myself first, but I could not find answers.

...What was the design process for Homecoming?

In addition to the insanity of Artifacts (which should have been balanced accordingly beforehand, as even first-time hearers of them waaaay back before release were questioning cards that binary were even balance able), so many of these cards seem to range from "Who cares about fun anyway?" cards like Xavier Lemmens (burns graveyard-decks' entire strategies for a round - burns them for the game if used in combination with Renew) to almost useless suckers like Letho of Gulet (4 strength to remove redraws from the enemy leader...but it costs 11 provisions to begin with? this card is essentially further showcasing how ludicrously crucial extra redraws are as well, isn't it?). My point is, what's the point of making cards that roll into the extremes like that aforementioned examples? Why carry over insane RNG like in Nilfgaard, only to allow other factions extreme consistency like Scoia'Tael? Why create certain leaders with nutty potential power-levels like Morvran Voorhis or Eithné, and leave others in the dust like Usurper or Eist? Why do Monsters always feel like they get pushed into the "Will Balance/Make Interesting At Later Date" bin?

Is there a Design team over there, or is it just an echo-chamber of several dozen "Yeah, that sounds good"s bouncing around without forethought? If this has to do with reworking so many cards over such a short space of time, I suppose I could empathize with you there - and if that IS the case, then any further card releases need to be done in VERY small measures; same goes for new gameplay mechanics.

This game has SO MUCH POTENTIAL, so please, stop repeating the same mistakes; We don't need Gold Immunity (Artifacts), we don't need insane Control (Control atm), we don't need unit-spam/swarm (Northern-Realms, Monsters also seem to be forced down this direction if they want to stay competitive without playing dishonorable artifact-spam), and we don't need MASSIVE BEASTIES or inane Carryover (Monsters, any leaders with more than 2 redraws atm, Skellige). You all should have learned more by now, come on.

Hi Burza,

What was the reasoning on changing Draw in Homecoming to 3:3 (from 2:1), and putting a cap on cards to 10?

Is anything planned at the moment to address Draw and bring back a stronger ability to earn Card Advantage?

I would really like to play a third round which isn't a 10 card hand, or have the ability to strategically pass before the 4th remaining card in the first round.

PS I like the Mulligan changes.

Last edited:
So are we going to have a saskia and iorveth story in the witcjer tales? Because i would love to see Iorveth grow either after the fall of vergen with saskia or see his origins. Though personally I'd like both. And saskia...I mean theres so much to explore with her character. She could be really tired of the world and seek to simply enjoy a quiet life though beset by the ghosts of her past. And I would love to see them resolve all the emotional baggage they have with eachother if they get their own game. I mean Iorveth could be an elf yandere and I'd still love him
Saskia: iorveth you killed like 50 bandits just yesterday, why are you so fixated on wiping them out?
Iorveth: they said you were a monster. I cant just let that slide
Saskia: jesus christ dude

Can you give a clear time frame on when Mahakam season trees will be available.

(There are serveral rumors going as far as suggesting that the season tree wont be available prior december).
For new players like me it is important to know if I will see the tree this month or not. In case of the latter, I will have an option to use my points straight away on kegs rather than saving up for something I wont see at all.

Greetings Burza, some questions there.

1. How does the gwent team plan to change artifacts? They are too strong because of the flexibility. There are already many discussions and solutions pumped up, what do you think?
2. Golden froth is another problematic card. Now everyone is playing around it in pro ladder. Do you guys plan to make it a gold card or modify the cost? It is just too good after a bit efforts to make a row full.
3. What is the exact time of the next balancing patch? Decided it yet?

Now the game Artifact is not yet available, which is the best time for gwent to attract new players. Do something, save the sick ladder from golden froth and artifacts.

Edit: forgot to mention bearmaster and Xaviers. Bearmaster is too good for a 6 cost card. Do you plan to redesign it or change the cost? How about Xaviers? Now everyone, everyone is running one in their deck despite there is nothing to do with him to achieve combos.

Last edited:
I know it is early and we can do things such as unlock nodes through the reward book to get premium kegs, but I was just curious if there was any information on the next premium keg event.

Last edited:
hi @Burza46 next expansions can be buy like thronebreaker ? Also we cant craft Premium versions if we dont buy ? (sorry for bad english)

Last edited:
In Homecoming Borkh's ability was drastically altered; he now destroys a single unit and can no longer be used to counter the opponent's last card. I would be very curious to know what was the reasoning that led to these changes?

Hi @Burza46,

Is on your radar something like Faction Ladder, for 100-games one-deckers or just people who really likes to play only one faction ?

Details here:
clip made by Monster Faction Ambassador

Greatings.... what is it ?
Ah yes my questions about Gwent of course.

Firstly, I was wondering when we'll see the first events in this new version of Gwent ? Like Faction Challenge or Premium Kegs week-end.

Secondly, I miss the previous game board (with different styles for each of faction), so I would like to know if in the futur we will be able to change the board style ? Because the Gwent game is a card game, so we shoud be logicaly playing on a game board (like the previous board before the Homecomming update) and not on a battlefied.

Last but not least, I've asked in a previous Burza asking day if you could make an "nostalgic" event in which you create a server (like you did with the PTR) to make players play the olds versions of gwent (like 2 weeks of each version of the game).
Burza answered me that it was a great idea !
Players will be so glad to make their old combos (like they made on closed beta with the golds immunity for example).
So does the "Back in time" event will come one day ?

I hope I didn't make to much mistakes with my english and thank you for your answers (I hope) :)

Greatings.... what is it ?
Ah yes my questions about Gwent of course.

Firstly, I was wondering when we'll see the first events in this new version of Gwent ? Like Faction Challenge or Premium Kegs week-end.

Secondly, I miss the previous game board (with different styles for each of faction), so I would like to know if in the futur we will be able to change the board style ? Because the Gwent game is a card game, so we shoud be logicaly playing on a game board (like the previous board before the Homecomming update) and not on a battlefied.

Last but not least, I've asked in a previous Burza asking day if you could make an "nostalgic" event in which you create a server (like you did with the PTR) to make players play the olds versions of gwent (like 2 weeks of each version of the game).
Burza answered me that it was a great idea !
Players will be so glad to make their old combos (like they made on closed beta with the golds immunity for example).
So does the "Back in time" event will come one day ?

I hope I didn't make to much mistakes with my english and thank you for your answers (I hope) :)

- Expect some in-game events this month
- Right now we don't have such plans
- I like the idea, but it's too soon to even think about such events, right now our focus is elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom