Should V be a Youtuber?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know youtube has blown up epically since 2016. Youtubers are making millions a month just by making a video talking nonsense about their day.

For instance this 21 year old kid Ricegum bought a house with 6 floors and an elevator on hollywood hills his entire clout gang live with him there they also have their own houses. And the cars the have lambos and omg the cars. This is their lifestyle. upload videoes. cash in. travel buy houses and cars in plural.

So it got me thinking should V be a youtuber with his/her own team live in a big mansion and what not?

I'd rather s/he was a pigfarmer living in a ranch just outside the city. Spending his/her days shoveling shit and pouring gruel to the trough for the animals to eat. S/he could eat nice ham and make sturdy pigskin boots. And build an army of armored cyberpigs wearing the boots made of their parents and siblings and having laser guided machineguns on their backs to eventually conquer Night City.

V is an edge runner, a mercenary, being a highly recognizable media personality is a liability. Yes you can be a media role in the pnp, and yes your example could fall under a successful media character, but someone sees you stealing a corporate prototype and rather than having to describe you they just have to say, it was MatPat & you can pick him up at his twitter says he'll be at the mall this weekend signing autographs or whatever.

Maybe you can be the next Johnny Silverhand, but let me ask you this question, "Where is Johnny?"

As some of you know youtube has blown up epically since 2016. Youtubers are making millions a month just by making a video talking nonsense about their day.

For instance this 21 year old kid Ricegum bought a house with 6 floors and an elevator on hollywood hills his entire clout gang live with him there they also have their own houses. And the cars the have lambos and omg the cars. This is their lifestyle. upload videoes. cash in. travel buy houses and cars in plural.

So it got me thinking should V be a youtuber with his/her own team live in a big mansion and what not?

You cannot play a Media nor a Rockerby, so I don't think so.

YouTubers who buy mansions and supercars are not your average YouTubers, they're the exceptions to the rule. If anything it's become more difficult to make that kind of money in the last couple of years.

ya but the top 1% of youtube got richer than ever. boheme brookers lonelygirl15 never saw this kind of cash.

Hyperbole. 5% that manage to get millions of subscribers like PewDiePie, Logan Paul etc? Gamers are making millions in e-sports. I'm talking about the 5% who are sponsored teams and practice 12 hours a day, of course.

ya but the top 1% of youtube got richer than ever. boheme brookers lonelygirl15 never saw this kind of cash.

1%??? Not even 0.001%

(thats based on there being 1.3 billion accounts, assuming 1 in 1000 actually makes videos, leaves 1.3 million, 13 of which are millionaires so thats 0.001%, or 1 in 100,000 of creators.)

Pewdiepie was worth $12m last year, and hes officially the richest youtuber

And I could see this as a route for media/rocker classes, but beyond that, nope. Doesn't fit with any of the other classes. Perhaps this may be added down the line in DLC's though

Last edited:
I think V shouldn't. But having possibility to make photos or videos and upload them to the net in the game gives some possibilites to roleplay. Of course with well designed mechanic of such actions.

I'd rather not see something like Youtube having picked up in CP as much as it has in real life. Or that it - what ever version of it CP world migh've had - had died out with the coming of braindance.

1%??? Not even 0.001%

(thats based on there being 1.3 billion accounts, assuming 1 in 1000 actually makes videos, leaves 1.3 million, 13 of which are millionaires so thats 0.001%, or 1 in 100,000 of creators.)

Pewdiepie was worth $12m last year, and hes officially the richest youtuber

And I could see this as a route for media/rocker classes, but beyond that, nope. Doesn't fit with any of the other classes. Perhaps this may be added down the line in DLC's though

pewds lost all his sponsors. he's not pulling in that kind of cash anymore not that he needs to. every video he makes and he makes one every day pulls in about 2million views after a week. 1000 views = 3dollars roughly.

people like rice, pauls, faze, a few others pull more money in through sponsorships and free goodies. its insane. youtube went from boheme talking in his underwear about his roommate being late on rent and sniffing his balls to this:

what im curious about is why isn't anyone using adblock?

pewds lost all his sponsors. he's not pulling in that kind of cash anymore not that he needs to. every video he makes and he makes one every day pulls in about 2million views after a week. 1000 views = 3dollars roughly.

people like rice, pauls, faze, a few others pull more money in through sponsorships and free goodies. its insane. youtube went from boheme talking in his underwear about his roommate being late on rent and sniffing his balls to this:

what im curious about is why isn't anyone using adblock?

Ok, I was going off info from Forbes, I only had 5 minutes to do my research, spent another 5 updating my numbers:

There are about 40ish YouTube millionairs, out of 1.3 billion accounts across 1.1 billion unique users. So yea, is about 0.0025%, my bad.

Current richest is DanTDM, worth about $16m.

yes, the explosion of social media, particularly YouTube caught everyone off guard, but by 2077 that would have been old news and the corps would have cornered the market, finding ways to make sure all the real money is filtered to them through various service charges and the like. Anyone making real content would be in hiding, an underground movement or group perhaps, and would not make much money. But they would also need to dedicate much of their time and energy to producing content - which means being very careful about the legality of their activities lest they provide the evidence for their own court cases. In other words, they would be medias, which will not be part of the initital game.

In short, V would not have time to do that.

Sooooo....let's not turn this into a big Youtube pro/neg discussion. We have a community and off-topic section for those!

This is about Cyberpunk 2077.

No, V won't be a Youtuber. She's a for-hire merc. Already set.

Sooooo....let's not turn this into a big Youtube pro/neg discussion. We have a community and off-topic section for those!

This is about Cyberpunk 2077.

No, V won't be a Youtuber. She's a for-hire merc. Already set.

but will she work for a youtuber? or kill one?

but will she work for a youtuber? or kill one?

I saw no sign of Youtube in the demo or trailer. Nor is it likely it will be anything special by 2077.

Would V work for a Media or kill one? Sure, if someone paid her and the player wanted her to...

The word itself is inappropriate. You can't talk about being "Youtuber" if Youtube doesn't exists xD

At least, being a "streamer" or the like, is more plausible. I guess some PNJs could be known for this activity, and it's been quite used lately in videogames, like VA11 HALL-A for example (it's a visual novel) or in other games for sure.

V then ? I would not bet on that, though ^^

Ugh... no, please. I know it's the Internet and that we have a handful of really nice youtubers around but, please, can Cyberpunk at least be the one thing that is not that kind of ego trip? I'm seriously tired of things like stupid zealot youtuber fanbases and how they're being catered through things like junk literature and other professional intrusion (like, for example, how the "only" comic books that kids are buying in my country are ego stroking merchandising that don't even credit the artists or, well, try having any kind of well developed characters or story), at least keep Cyberpunk out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom